Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2008 FL Focus Titanium - Black - RS bumper conversion

Praada

So yesterday i had a 17 plate Audi S3 rear end me in the focus :( How i out-breaked him i don't, know but credit to Ford brakes ensuring i did not hit the child chasing his football into the road!

My question is now, is an RS rear bumper a straight fit to my titanium or will the rear arches be wider and cause the bumpers to not sit flush?  I also presume that the boot lids (mine has a nice dent now) are all the same throughout the mk2 facelift focus range?  Meaning i can in theory get a replacement boot from any mk2 focus thats being broken for parts?

The emergency brake assist (EBA) in the Focus is pretty good, hit the pedal fast and hard below 40 and it stops immediately lol.

The RS bumper should physically fit but it'd look weird.  You'd be better off with the Zetec S bumper imo.

Tailgates are interchangeable on facelift but be aware of keyless entry, privacy glass and the chrome strip over the number plate which are all optional extras.  The ZS and ST have larger spoilers than the Titanium also.

• Like 1

I can change all that over and will be sourcing a boot lid with the tinted glass already :) By keyless entry do you mean that some of the boot lids do not have the button in the handle or option to open via key button?

I was considering an RS or ST rear bumper with upgrading the rest later to make it look less out of place, I haven't looked at the ZS rear bumper though are they all colour coded as i don't want any of that plastic trim which fades anywhere :rolleyes: 

Its looking like a total cost of around £300 for a new bumper sprayed and second hand boot lid...

Keyless entry cars have an extra button on the right hand end of the tailgate trim which you press to unlock it without having to touch the key fob...non-keyless cars don't have the extra button.   If your trim is fine and you're swapping everything (inc the loom if you've got keyless) it should all be straight swap.

ZS rear bumper has a large silver diffuser and lower 'skirts' for want of a better word, ZS is the poor man ST lol, looks and handling without power basically.  No faded grey plastic on the rear, they saved all that for the front end... :rolleyes: 

Top one on eBayhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-Zetec-S-TDCi-2009-59-Hatchback-FSH-MOT-Sept-2018-Diesel-ST-looks-/253192392509?hash=item3af3714f3d:g:dQ4AAOSwQlRZxmgz

• Like 1

nice one mate, i may look into the ST route rather than the RS then 5 door RS would look quite odd to be fair.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club