Do Not Sell My Personal Information

satellite navigation any good?

JakRyan

Hi,

I'm looking at buying a Focus (a pre face lift one around 2013-2014) but I am finding it difficult to match the spec that I want.

One of my requirements is satellite navigation but it seems it narrows the search results quite a lot, my question is:

Is the satellite navigation any good or would I be better excluding this as a requirement and using a dash mounted alternative ?

The satellite navigation I'm referring to are the ones in Titanium's and TX's (I think its a sony navigation system).

Thanks

It's alright.  Apparently its tomtom maps, and its accurate and fairly up to date if you get the latest card (~£50 on ebay).  It's very blue, but has TMC Traffic. Fastest, shortest, eco route etc.  It's alright. The voice is annoying but can be muted (and remembers on power off).  

Proper tomtom on a phone is far better, but built in looks cool

Thanks for the reply,

I'll continue looking and keep my fingers crossed one comes along that I like!

I would spend the extra and get a mk3.5  more up to date, better engines etc

The sat nav in my 2015 st3 is the premium nav, i love it. never going back to a windscreen mounted unit again.

Yes the maps cost, but wait until they are cheaper on eBay.

The updates are not done by tomtom.

Jamie

I’ve just retrofitted the Sony nav system in my titanium for £200 all in. That includes the latest tom Tom map SD card of eBay for £31. 

Tried it out before. Quite good and is up to date. It showed all traffic issues and I like the fact it gives you the directions in front of you on the cluster of you have the larger screen. 

So if you find all the other spec you want but without nav. It’s an easy fix for a few hundred more. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club