Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Power Button - why’s it there?

Pebbleheed

My focus has a ford power button to the left of the steering wheel. The car has two standard keys and doesn’t seem to have keyless entry as far as I can see. This button also doesn’t light up and doesn’t seem to start the car. 

It’s a used car. Do people add dummy buttons - seems odd - or am I missing a feature here or something? 

Hey :-)

is there a key hole. or is it big enough to put the whole key inside

Jamie

Just now, Pebbleheed said:

Standard ignition barrel and two standard keys. 

Just Pm;d you

Jamie

Plz click the heart and select the cup if you are satisfied that i helped you lol

EJECTOR SEAT BUTTON !!!! LOL :laugh:

Jamie

• Thanks 1

Hi , i'm not saying your car is but i went to see a focus mk3 at this used car dealer. This car was a zetec model so i know it doesnt come as standard. But it had engine start button but did nothing but i knew this car was either cat c or cat D repaired . In these cases they just get any dashboard they can find & fit. So this could be one of the reasons . Dashboard changed.

Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, yunii said:

Hi , i'm not saying your car is but i went to see a focus mk3 at this used car dealer. This car was a zetec model so i know it doesnt come as standard. But it hard engine start button but did nothing but i knew this car was either cat c or cat D repaired . In these cases they just get any dashboard they can find & fit. So this could be one of the reasons . Dashboard changed.
Yunii

I have a feeling you might be right.

Dash changed for the reasons of (Airbag deployed)

Jamie

• Like 2

Yep, my car is a cat D. It had a damaged radiator and required a new headlight. All repaired and the Ford dealership seem happy enough with it according to the paperwork etc. that came with it so I took a chance. Sounds likely that an airbag was deployed I guess, although the ignition barrel is a standard barrel.

Never mind, it drives and handles well so I can live with a dummy button :laugh:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pebbleheed said:

Yep, my car is a cat D. It had a damaged radiator and required a new headlight. All repaired and the Ford dealership seem happy enough with it according to the paperwork etc. that came with it so I took a chance. Sounds likely that an airbag was deployed I guess, although the ignition barrel is a standard barrel.

Never mind, it drives and handles well so I can live with a dummy button :laugh:

nothing to worry about :-) 

its a nice car :-)

Hope i was of help tooooo 

Jamie :ph34r:

• Thanks 1

Yep, I love it. It was a lot cheaper as a cat D which helped as we have another mouth to feed on the way so it made sense at the time.

Drives just as well as the girlfriend's Fiesta Ecoboost and that was brand new from a dealer so I'm happy at a fraction of the price and a lot more roomy and more comfortable inside.

Just working out a few niggling bits and it will all be good. Just trying to work out the upgrade to the Sync 1.0 to 1.1 next and I'll be happy.

Cos the i went to see was a very bodgy repaired .it even had airbag light on.
Yunii