Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery need serious help

AlexBartlam

Hi all

i need some help, a couple weeks ago i put in these new bulbs, they colour changed with a remote (£4 on eBay worst choice ever) after a couple days the battery went dead, jumped start all seems fine, on the secont jump i took bulbs out, died again, i put the battery on charge for 12 hours over night and has been working for about 3-4 days so i thought i was done.

nope, couple days ago i went again, jumped start and disconneced sub from the battery, as it could be that, all good for the next couple days start first time this morning, great come out of work nope dead as a dodo, i checked if i left any lights on, nope, had tk be jumpped bu a friend, what could this be, i get lights on dash and interior lights come on but car wont start, could this be an alternator job or new battery

many thanks for any help

How long have you had the battery? Does the car turn over normal or does it sound slow? If a car isn't able to start I'd broadly think battery or starter motor. 

Well its a ford battery and the cars 2013 plate so its going on 4 years i know they say 4 years is the usual battery life and was going to get a new one as soon as i have the money, but i was asking if the symtoms indicate alternator or starter motor, 

i dont think its alternator as the car had been running ok, it is slow to start tho, the battery is currently on charge

"Well its a ford battery and the cars 2013 plate so its going on 4 years i know they say 4 years is the usual battery life".  My previous Fiesta was new in July 2007, I sold it to my brother a year ago, that still has the original Ford battery in it which is now over 10 years old. Car has done almost 156k miles. So 4 years would be disappointing in comparison . But I can't see how light bulbs could cause this problem

• Like 1

we think due to them being colour changing with a remote, they were drawing power to attempt to find a signal from the remote, to the receiver as you could have them on when the car was off, the battery was charge over night and started first time this morning with out a struggle, lets find out when i finish work later if its held up. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club