Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removing interior bulb plastic cover

ablackbourne

I'm trying to fit a panel bulb in the welcome light section but I need to get the plastic cover off after removing the whole piece. I've replaced the 2 to the side but need this clear plastic piece off

1508260673396346111712.jpg

It should be able to clip out. On the side of the unit is there clips holding the lens on? On my mk6.5 I managed to remove the lens with a small flat head screwdriver without having to take the unit off. What mk fiesta do you have as I'm not sure if it's different. 

Are you just trying to replace the courtesy light bulb (that comes on when you open a door) ?  I've just changed mine on a Red Edition as I wanted a red bulb in there. You don't need to remove the lens as the bulbs come out from the other side of the fitting. The owners manual says not to remove the lens for some reason. Maybe the clips can break easily.

• Like 1

I actually did this today, it is a bit fiddly to get off (seems like its stuck on) you just have to use a Flathead screwdriver on the 4 clips like zain said.

You can see one of the clips here.

chrome_2017-10-17_19-00-07.png.0eff615eed7bac67cd0631a1e8db3eed.png

Matt is probably right about not removing it, it does seem like it could break easily but if you're trying to put a panel in you will have to.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club