Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Has Ford lost it's sparkle and joy??

jace1969

Seeing that ford (fiesta) has dropped to 3rd in the list,overtaken by the Nissan and the Golf a lot online say its not for its engine range its for its

inside and quality and out dated look even now on the new one, sales have hit a big drop all over being to all this Electric cars/car tax on new cars etc.

Also Diesel cars have a Massive drop in sales.

Would you go and get a new ford or take a look around being there are a lot of nice looking cars with good engine/inside now.

i would go for an older model, as you said its the looks, they try to make it look more futuristic, i would go for an older model ST for my next car, or an focus ST older model. they have lost the sparkle like you said, it wont suprise me if the next fiesta will be a electric or hybrid.

1 hour ago, AlexBartlam said:

i would go for an older model, as you said its the looks, they try to make it look more futuristic, i would go for an older model ST for my next car, or an focus ST older model. they have lost the sparkle like you said, it wont suprise me if the next fiesta will be a electric or hybrid.

Yes you are right i would go for the older one as i do think they look nicer and will get them at a good price and still the old road tax band.

I was very shocked with the amount of cars out there now that going back you would not even take a look at them.

Seeing i have had mine for a good 3 years or so and is the pre-facelift i would still consider another make as going from mine to a facelift i

would only mainly gain the engine side and a few small upgrades inside,just thought i would put it out there see what a lot think.

One site said the new fiesta inside still looks ''dull and dated'' so says a lot for mine.

I'm not at all brand loyal, would consider a newer Focus mainly for the Ecoboost engine but tbh I still prefer the Golf, neither the Ecoboost or TSi are totally reliable or as good on fuel as you'd expect from what I've seen so if it comes down to looks, spec, refinement and quality the Golf wins for me.  But then if the Focus was considerably cheaper...  :laugh:

I don't like the new shape Fiesta, or the weird colours they're in...mint green and bright yellow etc!  I don't like the new Swift either though.  Cars are getting over-sculpted to look futuristic imo.  Maybe they'll grow on me...

Got to say i do also like the Golf,had a go in the new 16 plate polo and very nippy and feels a solid car,ok it was top spec but a dam nice car.