Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3 Week Check

Girlonmars

Hi all,

My little magenta fez went into the ford garage for it's 3 week initial check up to see how it's faring up and everything was fine until they mentioned the fact that my tyre tread has reduced by 1mm. I didnt think anything of it at first but now, i just dont think its right - that means ill pretty much have to buy new tyres every 3 months if they reduce by 1mm every 3weeks or so. Is there something i can do or say to ford about this or am i worrying over nothing?

stop wheel spinning?

on a serious note, whats the milage? i'm surprised they even checked the tyre thread as all they did on mine was ask if they was any problems and check the oil level, was done in 5 minutes, then again, i did buy mine from a bunch of cowboys.

stop wheel spinning?

Lol, if all i was doing was wheel spinning then i could understand but ive only done 450 miles and hardly any in the snow because i was too scared of bumping it! Im not really sure what they actually did in the check but they gave me a colour coded check list thing like they do after a service showing the tyre treads and everything in the green.

Mmmm... Something not right then, done nearly 4,000 on mine and they still look brand new so possible badly made tires? How many were worn?

Mmmm... Something not right then, done nearly 4,000 on mine and they still look brand new so possible badly made tires? How many were worn?

Worryingly it was all four tyres :(

That does sound odd. I've been quite surprised at the life of mine. Its the 1.4 Petrol now just short of 11,000 and the fronts are getting a little short.

I dont treat the tyres that nicely either so I think they've done ok so far.

After 450 miles, even with aggressive driving they shouldn't show much wear. I've seen some tyres in the past almost bed in though and loose a bit to start with then be ok after that initial wear, I'd keep an eye on them. Also, might be worth checking they're at the correct PSI? Maybe it wasn't checked at the dealers initially.

Other than that, check if the wear is even or on the inside/outside of the tyres and have them checked on all 4 - it might show a pattern (i.e. outsides/insides etc) that could maybe trigger more info from Ford.

3 week check? I was told at my dealer that the next time they would need to see it was at the annual/12k service!

As for tyres, I really don't think that's normal. Do you know what the tread was when you got them? Shouldn't be much wear at all on that mileage.

Probably just trying to plant the seed that you will need new ones at the annual service. When I had my Golf they tried to get me to have new tyres at a service by claiming that they only had 2mm of tread left, I told them to leave it and checked them when I got home and they had 7mm left.

So I would get a tread depth gague and check them yourself.

Probably just trying to plant the seed that you will need new ones at the annual service. When I had my Golf they tried to get me to have new tyres at a service by claiming that they only had 2mm of tread left, I told them to leave it and checked them when I got home and they had 7mm left.

Cheers guys, i'll investigate myself a bit first and then hassle Ford if anything fishy turns up!

Zoe :)

lol i had a similar experience at a tyre place when i had a puncture last year, they told me my rear tyres were borderline illegal, a year later and they still have 3mm on them! :P chancing buggers, dont trust any of them, always check yourself!

Yep looks like the dealer is looking for a way to get some money out of you for nowt. At least they haven't stolen the wheels had that happen at a SEAT garage many years ago. All the alloys stripped and resprayed with brand new tyres put on 2 or 3 days before the MOT. MOT failed due to no tread on the tyres. When I went to check all 4 wheels had been swapped for the tattiest wheels ever with no 2 tyres the same make. I called rthe police in the end and reported it as theft as the garage denied everything. The wheels where marked with an invisible marker on the inside with a postcode. It took the police a couple of hours to find all 4 on 3 mechanics cars in the end, they had just swapped out all the wheels they had curbed and for some reason thought I wouldn't notice mechanics are a lot dumber than they look believe it or not.

Yep looks like the dealer is looking for a way to get some money out of you for nowt. At least they haven't stolen the wheels had that happen at a SEAT garage many years ago. All the alloys stripped and resprayed with brand new tyres put on 2 or 3 days before the MOT. MOT failed due to no tread on the tyres. When I went to check all 4 wheels had been swapped for the tattiest wheels ever with no 2 tyres the same make. I called rthe police in the end and reported it as theft as the garage denied everything. The wheels where marked with an invisible marker on the inside with a postcode. It took the police a couple of hours to find all 4 on 3 mechanics cars in the end, they had just swapped out all the wheels they had curbed and for some reason thought I wouldn't notice mechanics are a lot dumber than they look believe it or not.

:P thats the funniest thing i have read this year!! how very dare they! makes you think tho! these spanner monkeys would steal coppers from under your seats lol

If i went in to ask for a three week check my dealer would laugh in my face and say see me at the 12month service so they can rip me off

:P thats the funniest thing i have read this year!! how very dare they! makes you think tho! these spanner monkeys would steal coppers from under your seats lol

It was actually furrier than you think because when I went into the service department with a plain clothed Officer, before I even had chance to speak the service manager had threatened to "send some of the lads round to my home sort me out if I didn't leave the premises immediately". When the Officer stepped in you have never seen a man go paler than this guy.

It was actually furrier than you think because when I went into the service department with a plain clothed Officer, before I even had chance to speak the service manager had threatened to "send some of the lads round to my home sort me out if I didn't leave the premises immediately". When the Officer stepped in you have never seen a man go paler than this guy.

i wish id been there thats brilliant! :D

That is superb, just made my day !

:lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club