Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 reverse camera

Postie123

On 2/28/2019 at 8:26 PM, Nasos73 said:

Hello guys. Sorry for posting here as i'm an owner of a fiesta st but i need JW1982 help if it is possible.I have retrofitted the factory camera to my st 2017 model (with 4.2 inch screen) taken from a 2016 titanium.Before adding the missing cables i activated the camera and saw the screen below. After adding the cables i have the same screen with the menu working.My car doesn't have parking sensors. The FCDIM mumber is F1BT-18B955-LA. Can you think something? Wrong firmware, wrong FCDIM or anything else...Please help.

Thank you.

You needed to tag him properly for him to get a personal notification.... @JW1982

On 10/19/2017 at 5:13 PM, Postie123 said:

Hi all I'm after some advice. I have a 2014 pre facelift st3 to which have just retrofitted sat nav which works well but now I'm looking at retrofitting the oem reverse camera.

ive read loads of how to's but I'm unclear on one thing. How do I connect the oem loom from the boot to the back of the screen? The loom which I got new does not look like it reaches that far. Is there a loom hidden somewhere to bridge this gap?

I have all the oem bits ready but just unsure about this part of the loom.

The OEM lead should be long enough if fitted via the headliner and not under the carpet.

6 hours ago, SukiDukes said:

The OEM lead should be long enough if fitted via the headliner and not under the carpet.

Let’s hope he sorted this out, it was posted in 2017 😉

• Haha 1

On 3/13/2019 at 10:12 AM, Jonro2009 said:

Let’s hope he sorted this out, it was posted in 2017 😉

lol …………………………...

funny_laugh_cartoon.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Gave up in the end so went down the crappy aftermarket route.

i still have all the bits if anyone wants to buy them off me and give it ago? All genuine ford parts.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Postie123  Do any of those parts match up to a very late MK3.5?

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2019 at 5:25 PM, Abbadon said:

@Postie123  Do any of those parts match up to a very late MK3.5?

Andy

Generally not sure mate. If you have any part numbers I can certainly dig out the box and check for you.

the only right way its Genuine camera 🙂

On 5/19/2019 at 5:40 PM, mastachaz said:

the only right way its Genuine camera 🙂

Have you done this mod? Do you know where the cable goes from the Headunit ? Is it under the carpet or headliner?

27 minutes ago, Postie123 said:

Have you done this mod? Do you know where the cable goes from the Headunit ? Is it under the carpet or headliner?

Yes I did genuine , need to check in boot for connector if you have it right side under flap cover

There's a picture on page one, is this the plug?

1 hour ago, Postie123 said:

There's a picture on page one, is this the plug?

you need for mk3 or mk3.5 ? 🙂

Mk3 mate. I have all the looms (I think) but there's just not any plug that plugs into the grey plug in the picture on page one?

• 4 months later...
23 hours ago, kevtough said:

Can anyone tell me where the connector is located?

If you’ve read through these pages it’s been said. And many times on others

7 minutes ago, Tommo17 said:

If you’ve read through these pages it’s been said. And many times on others

B...b...but, this thread is 3 pages long now. Who in this fast paced world has time to read all that! LOL 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

B...b...but, this thread is 3 pages long now. Who in this fast paced world has time to read all that! LOL 🤣

I know lol. But if you want to do something it’s worth taking the time to read everything. I went through 20 odd pages of the sync 2/3 upgrade that ***** took time but was worth it 

57 minutes ago, Tommo17 said:

I know lol. But if you want to do something it’s worth taking the time to read everything. I went through 20 odd pages of the sync 2/3 upgrade that ***** took time but was worth it 

If there is a post where people have gone to the trouble of sharing all their findings and knowledge then it’s only polite to read them before asking questions that have been answered. That’s how you learn the little tips and tricks that you didn’t know to ask about, I always read the thread before asking a question

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phil21185 said:

@Postie123, probably a bit late now, but do you still happen to have those parts?

I’ve got mine. Fitted aftermarket instead Phil. For the life of me I couldn’t get it to work. Had all the wiring in and module but for some reasons couldn’t get power to the module even though fuse was ok and giving out power. I tapped into another live and still couldn’t get it to work. I’m guessing sync 2/3 doesn’t like module set up. 

still looking at getting it to work if possible as prefer OEM but more than happy with the aftermarket one. Can reverse upto a mm off something 

From what I've read, sync2/3 and late sync1 has the module 'built in' to the unit, I think it's only earlier sync 1 that needed the module??

Could be wrong though.

On 9/25/2019 at 5:50 PM, Phil21185 said:

@Postie123, probably a bit late now, but do you still happen to have those parts?

Do mate yes. What bits are after?

Pretty much everything. I'm still not entirely sure what I'll need as I have the grey plug in the boot, but have upgraded from sync 1 to sync 3.

What have you got and how much do you want for it? 🙂

I have a brand new boot lid loom, camera, boot trim to hold the camera freshly painted in planter black and also camera module brand new and also camera holder.

As for the price pm me an offer mate.

39 minutes ago, Postie123 said:

I have a brand new boot lid loom, camera, boot trim to hold the camera freshly painted in planter black and also camera module brand new and also camera holder.

As for the price pm me an offer mate.

Thanks, I'll need to do some research as to what's needed first if that's ok? I have sync 3 in a 2014, so not sure if the module is needed - and of course you went aftermarket in the end didn't you?

Is the camera the type built into the boot handle??

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club