Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 reverse camera

Postie123

On 9/27/2019 at 5:06 PM, Postie123 said:

I have a brand new boot lid loom, camera, boot trim to hold the camera freshly painted in planter black and also camera module brand new and also camera holder.

As for the price pm me an offer mate.

Ive pmd you mate

On 9/27/2019 at 5:47 PM, Phil21185 said:

Thanks, I'll need to do some research as to what's needed first if that's ok? I have sync 3 in a 2014, so not sure if the module is needed - and of course you went aftermarket in the end didn't you?

Is the camera the type built into the boot handle??

Absolutely mate do your research and if any of the bits is of any use please get in touch. The camera I have is not built into the boot handle but separate.

I went after market as I lost interest but within a month or two the camera stopped working so I just have a black screen.

On 9/30/2019 at 7:18 PM, Jambors said:

Ive pmd you mate

Pm'd you mate.

• 11 months later...

hello

i have a mk3.5 st with the grey plug for the rear camera

my question is what loom i need for the tailgate or what cables i need to pass through

is the grey plug all i need ?

Check the article ‘Reversing Camera in Sync 3’ for more information. This includes some pictures of the plug and on page 7 my picture of the rear of the plug which shows the connections. In essence however if you have the grey plug with six connections and a Sync 3 system then the install is very straightforward. All I needed to do was connect the rear view camera video output to pins 4 and 5 and, to power the camera a positive feed to the rear wiper and negative to an bolt on the wiper.

• 1 year later...

Hello!

I want to mount a OEM reverse camera on my 2014 Fiesta. I have bought the trim piece and the harness, but I have some questions (I know that is a Focus topic, but on Fiesta topic I didn't receive answers).

In the 6 pins black connector from camera I have wires from 1-6 (brown, green, yellow, white, grey and black); all these wires goes to the green one (a 7 pins connector, 6 are used), but on that one the pins are not listed and I don't know the order. Do you have any info about this green connector, the pins order or the signals based on the color of the wires? In the wiring diagram that I have I don't find the same logic of the wires.

I know all the wires that I need to rewire from C410 (pins 9, 10, 11) and directly from rear display green fakra (pins 2, 3, 4), but I don't know how to connect these wires to the green connector from camera harness.

Camera Fiesta.jpeg

Here I have another diagram of the rear harness that I made and for me, something is not logic.

If I follow the wiring diagram, on black connector on camera pin 1 -> +, pin 5 -> GND, pin 2 -> LIN. That means:

Camera black connector:

Pin 1 (brown wire) -> C410 pin 10 (+);

Pin 2 (green wire) -> C410 pin 11 (LIN);

Pin 5 (grey wire) -> C410 pin 9 (GND).

For the rest of the wires (I will mention C406 as traceability of the path):

Pin 3 (yellow wire) -> C406 pin 1 -> C2123B pin 4 (Signal -);

Pin 4 (white/blue wire) -> C406 pin 2 -> C2123B pin 2 (Signal +);

Pin 6 (black wire) -> C406 pin 3 -> C2123B pin 3 (Shield).

I know for sure that the black wire is connected to shield, but for the rest of the wires I'm not sure that this is the right path. Is ok my understanding from above?

Maybe someone can help me with some explanations or send me some photos from their harnesses on the trunk.

Below is a diagram of the real harness of camera that I have, I need answers for the yellow tabs.

Thank you!

camera diagram.PNG

cablaj 1.jpg

cablaj 2.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 9/16/2020 at 8:52 AM, gselgin said:

Check the article ‘Reversing Camera in Sync 3’ for more information. This includes some pictures of the plug and on page 7 my picture of the rear of the plug which shows the connections. In essence however if you have the grey plug with six connections and a Sync 3 system then the install is very straightforward. All I needed to do was connect the rear view camera video output to pins 4 and 5 and, to power the camera a positive feed to the rear wiper and negative to an bolt on the wiper.

Its not straightforward at all, I have a late Mk3.5 Titanium, have the "grey" plug in the left hand side under the flap, have an OEM loom, OEM Camera etc, all modules configured via Forscan and get the message "Camera Unavailable" and a DTC code saying the same.

Found out I dont have the wiring from the APM to the floor connector where the rest of the wiring for the rear camera is, so added the the necessary wiring to the APM from said connector and still no camera available.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club