Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford focus 1.6tdci dpf

Halford89

Hi guys I'm looking to buy a ford focus mk 2 facelift model. It has a 1.6tdci engine in it. Just wondered if they are any good. The one I am looking at has only covered 29k miles on a 10 plate. It does have the dpf but are they as bad as everyone keeps making out. Any advice/help will be much appreciated. Iv got a feeling I am going to be asked what type of driving do I do etc etc lol. I do mainly around town miles and very occasional motorway miles. Thanks. 

11 minutes ago, Halford89 said:

Hi guys I'm looking to buy a ford focus mk 2 facelift model. It has a 1.6tdci engine in it. Just wondered if they are any good. The one I am looking at has only covered 29k miles on a 10 plate. It does have the dpf but are they as bad as everyone keeps making out. Any advice/help will be much appreciated. Iv got a feeling I am going to be asked what type of driving do I do etc etc lol. I do mainly around town miles and very occasional motorway miles. Thanks. 

You'd be better off with petrol if it's town miles to be honest, the DPF will be an absolute nightmare for you if you don't do regular motorway miles

Yeah I thought as much. Shame because on paper it is so economical and cheap to run what with tax being £30 etc. I used to own a 206 pug with the 1.4 hdi engine and was so cheap to run. Thanks for your response. I heard the dpfs only last up to 72k mileage. I thought as the cars only covered 29k I might be ok

Even though the facelift MK2 will likely have the newer and more robust cDPF it wouldn't take long making the kind of journeys you've described, for it to get blocked up.  As iaatt said, get a petrol, although the VED might be a little higher it doesn't have a lot of the expensive bits on it that can go wrong on a diesel.

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:44 PM, Halford89 said:

Yeah I thought as much. Shame because on paper it is so economical and cheap to run what with tax being £30 etc. I used to own a 206 pug with the 1.4 hdi engine and was so cheap to run. Thanks for your response. I heard the dpfs only last up to 72k mileage. I thought as the cars only covered 29k I might be ok

On a 10 plate it will have the coated DPF.  The older additive DPF was recommended changed at 75k, the cDPF should pass 100k with ease, but only if it gets the chance to regen regularly.

At just 29k in 8 years you might find the one you're looking at has already had the DPF removed...  

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club