Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pop Rivet/Bumper Help?

DrewP

Hay

I am in need of some help, I have a 2012 focus Zetec S and I have taken of the front black splitter lip that was on the front bumper as it needed some attention, but don't know what size pop rivet I need, please can any one help?

Many Thanks

Drew

• 3 months later...

Right I'm having a right issue, I bought the Rivets from Ford and a cheap gun from eBay, but its not working? What am I doing wrong? 

IMG_20180205_170522 IMG_20180205_170531

What's not working?

Does the pop rivet fit all the way up to the bumper? If not then they're probably too big.

Or is the issue that the rivet won't "bite" to the gun?

Have you got the right fitting in the gun? it needs to be one that the rivet stem just slides in, not one that gives a sloppy fit. It may also take a number of squeezes of the handle before the stem breaks away from the rivet head. Ie: squeeze, release handle, push gun head back up to the rivet  then repeat until the stem breaks away

• 2 weeks later...

It s just a gun from eBay and the rivets are the right ones because they cost me a small fortune from ford, I squeeze the gun but it doesn't do any thing and then after pumping the gun it get stick?