Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford ST Line front grill badge

JDT

I see the grill badge self adhesive? I would have thought that as the grill is hexagonal there would not be a big enough contact area to get a really good bond 🤷‍♂️ 

11 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I see the grill badge self adhesive? I would have thought that as the grill is hexagonal there would not be a big enough contact area to get a really good bond 🤷‍♂️ 

We will see if I need to bodge it on 🤣

It came and its got some screw clamps on the back, really well designed and stands out perfect size.

7 hours ago, narwy said:

It came and its got some screw clamps on the back, really well designed and stands out perfect size.

Come on, it’s not fair to tease us with words - show us a few pics of it before it goes on 🤪

On 4/25/2019 at 9:58 PM, Jonro2009 said:

Come on, it’s not fair to tease us with words - show us a few pics of it before it goes on 🤪

I promise tomorrow!

Can't resist showing off my ST badge, of course, it doesn't have that all important 'line' LOL

1358705769_frontbadgeLoRes.thumb.jpg.24e582ddbd0c1bca03dd5e52ad7ea0e1.jpg

• Confused 1

@narwy that looks very good, really appreciate the way you have got the right badge for your car. Was it easy enough to fit?

@StephenFord unless it’s an ST the badge has no place on the grill, just my opinion of course. 

36 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

@StephenFord unless it’s an ST the badge has no place on the grill, just my opinion of course. 

Hey, I tried everywhere for a 'STEPHEN' badge, but this was the best I could get LOL 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Saw a German guy on another forum made this. Won't make them for others though the git.

IMG_1540031674587_44502.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Darren-mk8 said:

Saw a German guy on another forum made this. Won't make them for others though the git.

Indeed, I blame Brexit LOL

• Haha 2

On 5/2/2019 at 7:23 PM, Jonro2009 said:

@narwy that looks very good, really appreciate the way you have got the right badge for your car. Was it easy enough to fit?

It literally comes with a bracket and everything, easy to screw mount, the front plastic grill just pulls off, and you screw it on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2019 at 10:01 AM, merlin_gr said:

Ok guys i ve got news. there is a guy in italy that  makes them. I got one fitted already. Am i allowed to post his profile here? 

IMG_20180626_145248.jpg

How can we order these badges from italy?

I've got a MK4 and the front grill isn't really ideal for a foam tape mounted badge, need one with the screw thread so it can be bolted.

3 minutes ago, VFR800 said:

I've got a MK4 and the front grill isn't really ideal for a foam tape mounted badge, need one with the screw thread so it can be bolted.

mmm... no front grills are suitable for foam tape (apart for the Ford oval), they're all bolted! Stickies are for tailgate, and side wings...

• Like 1

On 4/15/2019 at 12:16 PM, Darren-mk8 said:

I've just received the one i ordered!

Looks good but is just a vinly sticker on some black plastic. The application isn't very good and one of the letters has lifted on the corner. If i put this on the car it would be letterless in about a week!! If i try and return this i'm gonna be out of pocket and still have something that wont last that long.

Best avoid unless they change the way it's made.

The only way i think i can save this is to top coat the thing and prey it doesnt react to the top coat!

1843769992_STLinebadgesmall.thumb.jpg.5906f1ab4ed644dd65a89d817cb977a4.jpg

• Like 1

Oh dear. Thats not good. For the price of them i thought they would be better quality. I have found another company making similar versions, though not sure about ones for the grill.

https://skgraphic.co.uk/products/st-line-badge-with-gel

Again, only a decal but looks ok for the back of the car.

7 hours ago, Darren-mk8 said:

Oh dear. Thats not good. For the price of them i thought they would be better quality. I have found another company making similar versions, though not sure about ones for the grill.

https://skgraphic.co.uk/products/st-line-badge-with-gel

Again, only a decal but looks ok for the back of the car.

Those SKgraphic ones are good quality, I've got two. Look to be injection moulded but mounted on plastic and only has 3M tape on the back, no screw mounting.

15 hours ago, VFR800 said:

Those SKgraphic ones are good quality, I've got two. Look to be injection moulded but mounted on plastic and only has 3M tape on the back, no screw mounting.

Do you have one on your grill too then?

10 hours ago, Darren-mk8 said:

Do you have one on your grill too then?

No. Because they only rely on the sticky tape and there not being a flat enough area on the front grill i decided to not use these. I'll probably use one on the dash running strip in the interior.