Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford ST Line front grill badge

JDT

19 hours ago, VFR800 said:

No. Because they only rely on the sticky tape and there not being a flat enough area on the front grill i decided to not use these. I'll probably use one on the dash running strip in the interior.

Ah ok. When you said you had 2 i was curious as to how you'd stuck it to the front grill.

20 hours ago, VFR800 said:

No. Because they only rely on the sticky tape and there not being a flat enough area on the front grill i decided to not use these. I'll probably use one on the dash running strip in the interior.

Wow, I put an 'XR2' vinyl decal on my glove box, on my XR2 in 1982, nice to see the fashion hasn't gone out of style LOL

On 6/10/2019 at 8:58 PM, VFR800 said:

I've just received the one i ordered!

Looks good but is just a vinly sticker on some black plastic. The application isn't very good and one of the letters has lifted on the corner. If i put this on the car it would be letterless in about a week!! If i try and return this i'm gonna be out of pocket and still have something that wont last that long.

Best avoid unless they change the way it's made.

The only way i think i can save this is to top coat the thing and prey it doesnt react to the top coat!

1843769992_STLinebadgesmall.thumb.jpg.5906f1ab4ed644dd65a89d817cb977a4.jpg

Pull it off an vinyl wrap it.

8 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Wow, I put an 'XR2' vinyl decal on my glove box, on my XR2 in 1982, nice to see the fashion hasn't gone out of style LOL

I loved my XR2 was so much fun at that time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Bet that was worth at least an extra 10mph!😀

9 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Bet that was worth at least an extra 10mph!😀

Nope, only got 7! I was really miffed because the 'man' promised me 10 LOL

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2019 at 10:01 AM, merlin_gr said:

Ok guys i ve got news. there is a guy in italy that  makes them. I got one fitted already. Am i allowed to post his profile here? 

IMG_20180626_145248.jpg

How did you gain access to the back of the grill to tighten the bolts up? I have put my own ST Line badge together but can't get to the back of the grill or remove the grill. Help?

15 minutes ago, Darren-mk8 said:

How did you gain access to the back of the grill to tighten the bolts up? I have put my own ST Line badge together but can't get to the back of the grill or remove the grill. Help?

My Focus is a much older model, but I'd be surprised if the basic design has changed that radically! There is a slam panel at the front held on by some screws. Undo the screws, then pop out the individual black fittings the screws go into. Then you will be able to remove the slam panel and you can stick your hand in getting access to the grill back...

2058251987_screwcaptionLoRes.thumb.jpg.609634f14914d3c9fbfea3584decad58.jpg

• Like 1

I tried this on mine. But once i removed the bolts holding it in it was still attached somehow and i couldn't see where. 

Darren, the fitting may or not be the same as mine, but after removing the screw, you need to pull out the black holder, (Use a flat screwdriver or similar)

993606092_undoscrew.thumb.jpg.1ba3d935b37fd79ae7727e2ccf4ecb44.jpg

On the mk3.5 they are push pins, not screws but exactly the same principle as described above

• Like 2

Ok cheers guys. I'll have another look into it.

On 7/5/2019 at 2:33 PM, Darren-mk8 said:

Ok cheers guys. I'll have another look into it.

Hi mate, i tighten them by hand. Put my fingers between the grill holes. A bit tricky to  fit the nut at the begining but once its on its pretty easy, Also i put double nut just to be sure!

• Like 1

I've top coated mine and am happy with the results. Rattle can of Plasti-kote gloss, about 10 coats with a 1200 wet and dry before last coat. A few dust spots caught in the last coat the rest is static dust.

1449440093_STLine3.thumb.jpg.e8fbcf0cb9d17a931f3ed1be88e94f80.jpg413494025_STLine1.thumb.jpg.4a9a64799e7285be6c2db23c5f621ba2.jpg1116790082_STLine2.thumb.jpg.6c5c71683a2513513b90921e1e5aadcf.jpg

• Like 1

At 70MPH in a rear view mirror, you'll never see the dust LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, VFR800 said:

I've top coated mine and am happy with the results. Rattle can of Plasti-kote gloss, about 10 coats with a 1200 wet and dry before last coat. A few dust spots caught in the last coat the rest is static dust.

1449440093_STLine3.thumb.jpg.e8fbcf0cb9d17a931f3ed1be88e94f80.jpg413494025_STLine1.thumb.jpg.4a9a64799e7285be6c2db23c5f621ba2.jpg1116790082_STLine2.thumb.jpg.6c5c71683a2513513b90921e1e5aadcf.jpg

Looks really well done to me will stand right out.

• Like 1

Here's what i did with mine. Cut a piece of steel to shape, drilled a couple of holes. Ended up wrapping the steel plate as the paint finish wasn't ideal.

IMG_2018.JPG

• Like 1

And the finished product. Just need to attach it to my grill now.

IMG_2019.JPG

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Darren-mk8 said:

And the finished product. Just need to attach it to my grill now.

Not a fan of the 'Line' script, but nicely executed...

• Like 1

all this front and back st line badhe no need in my opinion 🙂

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Not a fan of the 'Line' script, but nicely executed...

I wanted something a little different to a plain font, and thanks.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, mastachaz said:

all this front and back st line badhe no need in my opinion 🙂

Each to their own 👍

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Darren-mk8 said:

Each to their own 👍

Isn't ST Line for the aspiring ST owner 

Like sticking Replica on it or ST Lying 

🤷‍♂️just saying 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Like sticking Replica on it or ST Lying 

🤷‍♂️just saying 

Not in my opinion, not that I have done it to mine.

its just like putting a ‘titanium’ or ‘S Line’ badge on a car, it’s a real trim level and the badge is genuine (apart from Darren’s) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Or an aspiring LX owner having a bit of fun! Ironic, as all my cars over the decade I have always de-badged, including an RSTurbo, XR2, XR3i, 205GTi, Celica GT4 etc, but my lowly modest LX got an ST badge in tribute to my name as I couldn't get a 'Stephen' anywhere LOL 🤣

673539040_frontgrillbadgeLoResblacked.thumb.jpg.322b920375d5a758f2249f622a1fdf9d.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club