Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync3 Firmware and Nav Updates

simonb65

The menu's under the car details expands when you click on the '+' icons.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

+ icons don't expand for me in Chrome or IExplorer. Also don't get any info under the car like you used to a year or so back. On inspecting the source of the webpage, there is no code to expand/collapse anything. @Stoney871, what browser are you using and have you tried it recently ?

Have you registered as an Independent Operator?
Unless you create an IO account (totally free) you won't get any extra info.
Works on Firefox (desktop and mobile) just fine.

50 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Unless you create an IO account (totally free) you won't get any extra info.

The info for my recall is in the web page source. I can read it in there but can't expand the recall item on the page.

You didn't have to register to see info about the build or notices before! Why/When did that change? 

The need to register came in a couple of months ago, only Ford knows why.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, simonb65 said:

+ icons don't expand for me in Chrome or IExplorer. Also don't get any info under the car like you used to a year or so back. On inspecting the source of the webpage, there is no code to expand/collapse anything. @Stoney871, what browser are you using and have you tried it recently ?

I found it wpould only work properly in Edge, strangely! Didn't have to create an account.

Tried everything people say in this forum can not get it working

Just registered and all works as expected now.

• 2 months later...

I found the v3.0 SYNC3 update on a US website.

Does anyone know if this will work on a UK SYNC3 ?

My concern is if I apply it, will it blow away the UK maps and install US maps into it or does it leave the maps alone and only do the main operating system.?

We're in the unusual position that we took out the SYNC2 that came with our 2016 SMAX and installed a brand new SYNC3 (bought from a UK ford dealer) system. The car is still under warranty but they will not cover the new SYNC3 system.

The reason why we've ripped out the SYNC2 is because it has manufacturing defects on it that ford refuse to do anything about and after a year of arguing with them we're done. All the dealers said it wasn't possible to do it. Ford US said it was and lots of forums and video makers demonstrate it is. We can confirm it was pretty straight forward.

We've got V2.2 of the SYNC3 software at the moment and its way ahead better than the SYNC2, the maps have the new bit of the A27 (New bit HA! the bit that was finished in 2015) on and it even knows the address of the local dealer which the SYNC2 didn't have. Very pleased so far.

Skipzoid.

If you haven't already, don't install it , it will work as I have done it myself but you will lose access to Spotify and also everything will be in American and as such she wont do anything you say lol just like most women

it will work and as far as I can see there is no change to updating it to 3.0

Steve

• 2 months later...

Thanks for this James, but to me this method this is just asking for trouble.

Sync 3 "Can" (according to FORD) connect to the internet for automatic downloads, so all I should have to do is follow the screen instructions and let nature take its course.

41 minutes ago, Paul W. H said:

Sync 3 "Can" (according to FORD) connect to the internet for automatic downloads, so all I should have to do is follow the screen instructions and let nature take its course.

In practise it doesn't, well at least mine doesn't 

If it was a download then an extraction to a USB stick then Plug and Play without adding/altering files I would be happy.

It makes me think that there are many versions of Sync 3 software for individual Ford models that have differing features.

At this stage I am not prepared to take a chance on a car costing £40,000.00 plus

1 hour ago, Paul W. H said:

Hi Mate,

Ford are only releasing updates via wifi in the US not the UK. 

10 hours ago, pjcallow said:

Do you have any idea when this will become official?

Also it is a trusted map and will work without problems?

Tbh I don't think it will ever become official without paying for it? 

I was speaking to someone who just bought there RS yesterday and they was running F6.1 

I have installed it and it appears to be working okay. Not been able to fully test it as I currently have a broken ankle (finding things to do! Lol) 

I'll keep you updated on how it gets on. 

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/instructions/sync/

Tells me I need an update to my 2016 Ford Focus

The file it downloads indents as follows;

• SYNC3 Consumer Assembly Upgrade - Release 3.0.13 - Only for Nav/EU assemblies.
  • [SYNCGen3.0_3.0.18025]

18 minutes ago, simmondp said:

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/instructions/sync/

Tells me I need an update to my 2016 Ford Focus

The file it downloads indents as follows;

• SYNC3 Consumer Assembly Upgrade - Release 3.0.13 - Only for Nav/EU assemblies.
  • [SYNCGen3.0_3.0.18025]

sounds correct. Have you updated then?

I have a 2018 Ford Edge ST Line - 3 months old. Great car but I have been a bit disappointed with the Sync 3 navigation system. It is great when it is up and running but seems to take longer that usual to boot up every time I start the car. First I get a black screen then it switches the map screen buffering then switches back a black screen the returns to buffering maps and eventually loads the maps - not a game changer but very annoying. Having seen other cars with Sync 3 they generally boot up immediately which mine also does occasionally and did when I first got it. So I have booked into the dealer to get there view on it but due to loan car issues that cannot be done until mid May and it does work, in fact it is great when it is running.

So I know there is an update for my car and I am grateful to the guys on here who put that blue tooth link which allowed me to check for the update. I also tried the wifi experience only to sit there fruitlessly for hours only to discover this feature does not work. Anyway finally downloaded the file to a flash drive and printed off the instructions which I thought were easy to understand even if when downloading the file  it bore little resemblance to them. But the download to the car went without a hitch. However, it made no difference to my problem and I could not see a single improvement.

Anyway to the point, once you have done the download to the car via flash drive a signature is left on the flash drive to upload back into Fords site so they know you have the done the upgrade and it has been successful and they can update their info on your car. However after numerous attempts this failed to upload to the site and suggested you contact Fords via a email address, I also attached the file so they could update it. The answer was very quick from Fords but basically the advice was contact your dealer.

Anyway any thoughts on this whole business would be great, Ken

3 hours ago, tornado51 said:

The answer was very quick from Fords but basically the advice was contact your dealer.

I've tried to get questions and correspondence answered through the Ford website many times and every single reply is 'contact your dealer'. Even one query about their website and I was directed to my dealer!!

Now, I use an independent who has real trouble getting anything technical from Ford, so they just ask me to contact Ford technical direct ... YOU JUST CAN'T WIN !!! I just wish Ford would answer simple questions direct or JUST REMOVE THEIR CONTACT DETAILS FROM THE WEBSITE instead of fobbing you off all the time. Grrrrrrrrrrr