Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can I split the transmission tunnel console?

stants

Will the top silver plastic bit come away from the main body ? It looks like it's only clipped in, mines scratched so want to wrap it to make it look nicer, cheers

070900471256f89a0292cd5bed59f9ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's attached with tabs that are melt glued from underneath.
To remove the whole top piece you need to remove the gear gaiter, handbrake surround and disconnect the front socket wiring.
To remove the gear gaiter you pull up the chrome trim from the rear facing edge and then unscrew the knob counter-clockwise.
To remove the handbrake surround you remove the 2 screws on the front lip of the storage bin under the armrest then pull up and forward.
The top trim is held by a screw in the middle of the cup holder recess.
The trim then lifts from the rear and then slide back to disengage the front clips from the dash trim.
The power socket plug just pulls straight off the socket pins, the cable is hooked into a lug on the underside of the trim.

It's attached with tabs that are melt glued from underneath.
To remove the whole top piece you need to remove the gear gaiter, handbrake surround and disconnect the front socket wiring.
To remove the gear gaiter you pull up the chrome trim from the rear facing edge and then unscrew the knob counter-clockwise.
To remove the handbrake surround you remove the 2 screws on the front lip of the storage bin under the armrest then pull up and forward.
The top trim is held by a screw in the middle of the cup holder recess.
The trim then lifts from the rear and then slide back to disengage the front clips from the dash trim.
The power socket plug just pulls straight off the socket pins, the cable is hooked into a lug on the underside of the trim.

Cheers mate, I found out how it unclips by a bit of vigorous tugging [emoji23]

Annoyed that I couldn't remove the 12v socket without having to buy a replacement , as it looks like once it's in, its in, so that's my only annoyance as my scalpel slipped and now I have a small nick bellow the socket, but for a 1st attempt I'm quite happy

88027a3e15e01977b4c36b113ffebca2.jpg

The socket is removable.
There's a couple of small tabs on the plastic surround collar that you flex out with small screwdrivers then the socket pushes out.
Easy to remove the surround collar afterwards.

Btw, looks good for your first encounter with wrap.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club