Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking for someone to change parametres on IDS

duffy1807

Hi all, is their anyone close to change some parametres on the IDS on my fiesta MK7 after a USB upgrade? 

I am in the Northwest and will also offer some copper coins too ;) 

thanks

Also , after a new module with USB has been installed. 

am i correct to say the USB port wont even charge anything thats plugged into it because it needs changing on IDS first?

If you get a Modified ELM 327 adapter like this one you should be able to do it yourself with forscan and you'll have a adapter for future use.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, duffy1807 said:

Also , after a new module with USB has been installed. 

am i correct to say the USB port wont even charge anything thats plugged into it because it needs changing on IDS first?

USB port won't charge anything very well.  Low amps. Better using the ***** lighter adapter. 

• Haha 1

Thanks ToxicG ive ordered this . after abit of research and watching some videos this seems like it should do the job. easy enough. :) . . . hopefully. and will save me a ton of money.

jbell, i was trying to test to see if the new module was working on the car haha i know what you mean though :)  thanks. 

• Like 1

No problem, I was going to do the conversation myself because I have bluetooth hands free but not USB or bluetooth music but I decided to leave it for now as a module is like £80+ and I can just use the AUX for now.

try a scrap yard.  i got my module for £30 (dont think the guy knew how much they were worth)  i got the trim and the cable too for £25 so £55 plus  £7 for this Elm 327. hopefully it all goes to plan. 

ill be selling my old module for around £45 so will get some of my money back too :) 

• Like 1

I was going to try a scrapyard, just haven't havent been bothered to ring around or go and look yet, you got a pretty good deal there, The cheapest I've seen on eBay is £80 and they're £230 from fordpartsuk (bit ridiculous really but I guess it's because they aren't made anymore)

• 2 weeks later...

i have got the elm327 and have plugged in the new bluetooth module when i go on forscan what am i looking for to change

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club