Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Odometer Display Blank

auntyshez

Anyone had any issues with the Odometer Display fading or going blank? It has started to appear and disappear randomly about 10 days ago and is now totally blank meaning i can't see temperature gauge, mileage, mph or trip info. 

It's only 3.5 years old (I've had for 2.5) and has done just over 25k miles. 

Anyone any ideas? It's booked in with my local dealer but can't get it in there until 13th November as i need a courtesy car to be able to get to work. 

Many thanks

I would've said a fuse but you said it faded and then went blank, It might be a loose connection.

• 1 month later...

Due to the intermittent fault everytime I've had it booked in with the dealer it's worked and they can't find a fault. Not convinced they have checked connections etc. Now waiting for it to go off again and leave it with the dealer to try to resolve. It's driving us nuts!!!

Also check the various earth cables. On my Mk7.5 there's at least 3 I've found: from battery (was poorly connected due to painted contact), engine to body on driver's side and under the glove box near fuse box. Any of those being loose could cause intermittent faults. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Update - when my car went in for service the cluster did its magic trick of appearing and disappearing. Dealership contacted Ford direct concerning Cluster replacement under warranty. I've paid 5% contribution so have warranty but the stupid idiots have set the mileage to 1 mile under what it was when the service was done over a month ago! Done 400 miles since then.  Now fighting with them to resolve this. 

Never respond to phone calls or return messages. I had to slate them on their Customer Survey in the end to get them to ring me back after a week of chasing them! Just appalling - wont be buying another ford after this based on that alone! 

Just a note as well if you have to have this repair - take both your keys as I dropped my car off at 8.15 and then got a call at 2.15pm asking for the spare key and had to drop everything return home and take the spare key before they could start work on the car. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club