Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Delivery Delays?

Jonson

This week I have been told build "end December" delivery "end January" - see below for back history.

ST Line X (+ extras) ordered 20 July - after first week I received weekly text messages advising that delivery to dealer would be 14 October - at end September got call to say that my order had been removed from the build schedule. After several calls to dealer was told about the leather issue. Mid November was told that production was going to be starting again soon - end November was told that my production date was now 09 December - this week told production "end December".

Realistically, delivery end January will probably turn out to be sometime in February. Even taking into account the Christmas closedown we are talking in excess of 6 months.

Like others in this thread I too have now had to spend money to keep my current car on the road - £180 for a service (it was already overdue and I am not willing to risk breaking down on the M25 which I use daily). I am hoping that the two rear tyres will see me out until the new car arrives - but if the weather changes I will have to give this some thought.  I won't hold my breath for any kind of "apology" from Ford.

2 hours ago, simps100 said:

Good to hear you've got some more solid dates now, last I was told was still looking at Feb / March for mine ordered in November but by the sounds of it that could be abit unrealistic!

I reckon you are looking at late April, maybe they will get their fingers out and hammer production. I am dubious about that, they have at least a 2 week xmas shutdown @ Cologne i believe.

2 hours ago, Oldbean said:

This week I have been told build "end December" delivery "end January" - see below for back history.

ST Line X (+ extras) ordered 20 July - after first week I received weekly text messages advising that delivery to dealer would be 14 October - at end September got call to say that my order had been removed from the build schedule. After several calls to dealer was told about the leather issue. Mid November was told that production was going to be starting again soon - end November was told that my production date was now 09 December - this week told production "end December".

Realistically, delivery end January will probably turn out to be sometime in February. Even taking into account the Christmas closedown we are talking in excess of 6 months.

Like others in this thread I too have now had to spend money to keep my current car on the road - £180 for a service (it was already overdue and I am not willing to risk breaking down on the M25 which I use daily). I am hoping that the two rear tyres will see me out until the new car arrives - but if the weather changes I will have to give this some thought.  I won't hold my breath for any kind of "apology" from Ford.

Have to say, when the Mrs talked to Ford a while back, they were very apologetic and they did say that when the vehicle arrives they WILL sweeten the delay with a goodwill gesture for us.

We have a few thoughts of what to ask for which are pretty realistic we think.

When I placed my order the dealer did the whole sales thing offering a  Diamondbrite / paint protection package (£399) and a paint scratch / dent repair package (£355) and an alloy wheel repair package (£225) - no doubt they will try again when I eventually collect.

Personally I wouldn't bother with any of these as it is cheaper to pay for individual repairs (so long as you don't get too many) - however, it would be nice if they included at least one FOC (as the cost to them is far below the price they want to sell at).

I will let you all know.

Yes, they tried to peddle those extras on us on pourchase also.

They also tried gap insurance which is much cheaper if you do an online search.

Ordered my ST Line X in August and was told 16 weeks delivery so was expecting it before christmas. In September I was told build ahead of schedule so car should be built in October. Then In october I was told vehicle removed from build because of a shortage of seats (partial leathers) delivery date put back to December. Today joy o joy update on vehicle status car not now expected till February. I'm a patient sort of person but surely 6 months is a bit excessive for a Fiesta

17 hours ago, CricklyPunt said:

Today joy o joy update on vehicle status car not now expected till February.

If it was me I'd be asking them to hold off registering it until the new plate came out.

I've still not got a confirmed build date. 7 months (at best) to deliver a Fiesta is not acceptable. This is causing me considerable inconvenience and extra cost. I've tried to escalate a complaint with Ford several times, but they just don't want to know or enter into any discussion - they just tell me to liaise with my dealer over the delivery schedule. I find this to be extremely poor customer service. You would think they could offer some form of small financial compensation or goodwill gesture - especially given that the delay has been acknowledged to have been caused by a failure in their supply chain (and by implication, their quality management systems).

Ford did say at first that they wouldn't be prepared to offer us any goodwill gesture or compensation upon receipt of the new vehicle as the dealership were loaning us a vehicle for the duration. We explained it was the dealerships own goodwill gesture that they loaned us a car. Ford rang back and basically asked us to let them know what we want as compo (within reason) when the new car is delivered and they will do their best.

The dealership also offered a full deposit refund and cancel the order with no penalty, which we didn't want to do. They also said they could offer another vehicle ( we presume without leather seating) for a discounted goodwill price, which we didn't want either.

We are fortunately in no rush due to them loaning us a cost free vehicle (not fuel) so may as well wait it out plus we ordered the new car before they put the price up another 500 quid or so I believe.

I am sure they will get customers cars finished asap. Frustrating and bizarre for the likes of Ford to screw up like this.

2 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Ford did say at first that they wouldn't be prepared to offer us any goodwill gesture or compensation upon receipt of the new vehicle as the dealership were loaning us a vehicle for the duration. We explained it was the dealerships own goodwill gesture that they loaned us a car. Ford rang back and basically asked us to let them know what we want as compo (within reason) when the new car is delivered and they will do their best.

The dealership also offered a full deposit refund and cancel the order with no penalty, which we didn't want to do. They also said they could offer another vehicle ( we presume without leather seating) for a discounted goodwill price, which we didn't want either.

We are fortunately in no rush due to them loaning us a cost free vehicle (not fuel) so may as well wait it out plus we ordered the new car before they put the price up another 500 quid or so I believe.

I am sure they will get customers cars finished asap. Frustrating and bizarre for the likes of Ford to screw up like this.

If you don't mind me asking, who/how did you contact to get that response from Ford? My situation is similar yet I've had no joy through the dealer or Ford Customer Relationship Centre....

The Mrs rang for customer services back at the end of October.

Maybe they are doing more as I ordered a new st line April also, so we have had 2 cars from the in 6 months technically.

All I can say is that is what they promised her at that Time, we will see when the Car is ready to collect what they are prepared to do for us.

Ps I am sure I have mentioned somewhere that the dealership are only loaning us a car as it was them who told us to sell the Mrs car there and then as she was having an op on her hand and would be away from work for a few months. They told us her new car would be ready in plenty of Time, so the best option would be sell our old car to them before the op and we would save costs.

Sounded like a good idea and we are sure glad we did, that is why they felt compelled to ensure she had a vehicle.

They didn't have to but we are grateful they did.

It was due to this Ford became involved promising as above.

15 hours ago, Jonson said:

If you don't mind me asking, who/how did you contact to get that response from Ford? My situation is similar yet I've had no joy through the dealer or Ford Customer Relationship Centre....

Hello

i too found the Ford customer relationship not very helpfully.

I phoned up the customer help desk and was told as my delivery was over 21 weeks old they would raise an incident - but first I had to send an email ,why could he not raise an incident on my phone call

The email reply said they reply within 3 days - nobody replied.

I phoned them up - the call centre is based in South Africa and they said they would raise an incident ticket and an Account manager would ring me the UK within a few days

Somebody did ring me back within 30 mins from the UK and told me not their problem please contact your dealer.

Three days later somebody left me  a message on my phone that they would ring me in four days time  - why the long delay

The lady phoned and instead of advising me of the delay - said sorry that my car did not come with a CD player .........

I told her to read the notes and she read them and told me nothing to do with them contact your dealer - her reason was if you bought something from your retailer you would not go back to the manufacturer

What a waste of Ford money in having a two call centres who do nothing

This is the number we/she rang 020 3564 4444. There are / was a list of options the mrs said.

The lady she spoke to was from the UK, the call customer service centre is Daventry i think.

They did raise an incident against the dealer/order number or something along those lines.

Anyway, they said to contact them again once we collect the vehicle.

Maybe by now they have had that many complaints/calls about the issue they have shut shop or will not entertain further compo requests?

• 3 weeks later...

Update....

Mrs was contacted by Dealership today.

They have been told to expect delivery to the showroom on or around 27th January for her Fiesta ST Line X.

Let's see what happens.

• Like 1

I have been given exactly the same information - production 02.01.18 delivery to showroom 27.01.18

Considering mine was ordered 20 July I am also not holding my breath and will "believe it when I see it"

Please keep us all updated.

• Like 1

u guys be lucky if u get it buy april the leather quality issues is a right mess by ford

Vignale ordered September, told to expect April for delivery. Has any one enquired as to what happens with the scrappage scheme?

the government scrappage scheme ended years ago. all the scrappage schemes that makers market now are not real scrappage schemes are they? it's just a marketing thing by that car maker isn't it (ie. no subsidy from the govt). have I understood it correctly? 

scrappage scheme has been extended to 31st march

21 hours ago, ellingtj said:

Vignale ordered September, told to expect April for delivery. Has any one enquired as to what happens with the scrappage scheme?

All-New Fiesta (excl. Style) £2,000

Offer not available in conjunction with any other customer saving programme

so you could probably get £2000 of without "scrappage"  - what deal did you get back in September?

I was talking to a Ford dealer and he said Ford are still having trouble with the leather.

Non leather Fiestas (built to order) are now about 6 - 8 weeks delivery

Ordered my 3 door ST Line X in race red with 125ps ecoboost, reversing camera/sensors, black mirrors/roof, comfort pack, and the Red pack, in mid November. I have been given a delivery date to me of 11th of May 2018.

Just now, jackhoppkkins said:

Ordered my 3 door ST Line X in race red with with 125ps ecoboost, reversing camera/sensors, black mirrors/roof, comfort pack, and the Red pack. Been given a delivery date to me of 11th of May 2018.

I assume you've just ordered?

Just now, alexp999 said:

I assume you've just ordered?

Nope, Mid-November I ordered. forgot to write that bit.

Just now, jackhoppkkins said:

Nope, Mid-November I ordered. forgot to write that bit.

Ouch, guess I shouldn't hold my breathe for the ST then.

My PCP deal ends in October, I hope I have it by then.... Would help if I could actually order it though....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club