Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Delivery Delays?

Jonson

45 minutes ago, MrGinjaNinja said:

Orders contracted in November/December will start being built in April is the latest update I have from Ford. Every day I come into work I'm checking the status of our dealerships cars.

Good to hear. Thank you for the information.

At what point does a dealership order number get translated into a Ford Build / VIN number? If my order is "confirmed" does this mean it's with Ford but hasn't been assigned a build number and build date? Do you know what it means if an order is "PVLB"?

Thanks

On 19/01/2018 at 11:22 PM, simps100 said:

Anyone who ordered in November time been given a date yet? No build date here get good to see some people’s arriving now!

I ordered on 20th November and have been given a delivery date to me of the May 11th.

3 hours ago, T_H said:

Good to hear. Thank you for the information.

At what point does a dealership order number get translated into a Ford Build / VIN number? If my order is "confirmed" does this mean it's with Ford but hasn't been assigned a build number and build date? Do you know what it means if an order is "PVLB"?

Thanks

Confirmed means that the car will be built at some point but you can still change major components, engine, transmission etc, as it has not been built yet. No VIN number only Dealer Order number, A0000 for example.

It then moves to Committed which locks in the major parts but you can change the options that car has. Still no VIN.

Then moves into Segmentation/Re-segmentation/Body Offline/Assembly Offline in the factory which is where it starts being built. This is where it will get assigned a VIN number. and your dealer will get an ETA date for arrival. The ETA date is exactly that, it can shift forwards or backwards depending on parts availability/factory shutdowns etc.

It will then leave the factory in Cologne and go into Transit, how long it takes from here will depend on where you dealership is and what the supply chain looks like. For the UK it goes into the Netherlands and then shipped across to Dagenham or Liverpool I believe and then on wards to the dealer. 

Not sure what "PVLB" is, I've never heard that one.

Two things for everyone.

1. I ordered as stated earlier Ford Fiesta Hatchback 5 door 1.0 ecoboost Titanium X powershift just after the August bank holiday. The  dealers detail screen shows contract date of 13th September 2017.

The latest plan in December was for build in early March 2018 for delivery in late March 2018

On Thursday this week the dealers insurance side emailed me the 7 day insurance cover and code.

Checked with dealer mistake but because the VIN had been issued it automatically sent out the insurance.....

Shocked to see the VIN number which now advised that the car will be built start of February 2018 for delivery late February ( will hold off to March for new plates)

2. How to haggle for prices for new cars

Purchase late August or early September

Carwow seem to supply quotes but generally they are very similar.

My approach has also been to obtain internet prices on line - good source Drive the Deal or UK  Car discount

Print off quotes.

Visit showroom and get price for the old car first and agree price.

Then show them the internet price - they will say no - leave the showroom politely.

They will either chase after you or ring you next day 

On my old fiesta I got 25% off dealer phoned me 2 days later I told me he had under charged me could I pay back £200 - I said no 

On my new fiesta I got nearly 17%

I also drive a BMW saved £8,000 20%

Haggling is always fun 

Keith 

image.png

New member to you quick note on my order ordered 28 august at line X white black roof rear camera adaptive cruise spare wheel door edge protectors no build date yet excepting call from dealer tomorrow not showing anything on last check hope good news tomorrow!!!

Is 'PVLB' not in in regards to registering the car/VIN with DVLA?

20 hours ago, Keith Amersham said:

Two things for everyone.

1. I ordered as stated earlier Ford Fiesta Hatchback 5 door 1.0 ecoboost Titanium X powershift just after the August bank holiday. The  dealers detail screen shows contract date of 13th September 2017.

The latest plan in December was for build in early March 2018 for delivery in late March 2018

On Thursday this week the dealers insurance side emailed me the 7 day insurance cover and code.

Checked with dealer mistake but because the VIN had been issued it automatically sent out the insurance.....

Shocked to see the VIN number which now advised that the car will be built start of February 2018 for delivery late February ( will hold off to March for new plates)

2. How to haggle for prices for new cars

Purchase late August or early September

Carwow seem to supply quotes but generally they are very similar.

My approach has also been to obtain internet prices on line - good source Drive the Deal or UK  Car discount

Print off quotes.

Visit showroom and get price for the old car first and agree price.

Then show them the internet price - they will say no - leave the showroom politely.

They will either chase after you or ring you next day 

On my old fiesta I got 25% off dealer phoned me 2 days later I told me he had under charged me could I pay back £200 - I said no 

On my new fiesta I got nearly 17%

I also drive a BMW saved £8,000 20%

Haggling is always fun 

Keith 

image.png

I have ordered the same Titanium x powershift in black with  driver assist as extra on September 1st, called into dealers today, to be shown on computer that the car was built on 15th January. Delivery expected on the 27th, but dealer told me could be up to two week later, so looks lIke March for me and a 18 plate. Was also shown a letter saying some delays are still expected on titanium x and st line x models.

Well at least vehicles with leather seats are being rolled out.

One a note that i do not know if i mentioned, we also had the Ford insure paperwork so we could activate the driveaway St Line X insurance last week of Oct2017.... Haha.

Still no more updates on ours, only from previous that they are still aiming for delivery to showroom early to mid february (14th) i think. They will be registering it on an 18 plate, that we have been told will definitely happen now regardless.

We can wait. :smile:

Chased up dealer today

Latest news in regards to the Fiesta car is in status Resegmentation 

Estimated production date 31st January 2018

ETA to dealer w/e 24th February 2018

This is on the dealers update screen from Ford

Not posted for donks, that's not the right profile pic for starters.

So...this will be interesting then. I spent most of last Thurs pm (18/01/18) haggling and thrashing out a deal and signed on the dotted line the day after. I'm trading in a '15 Focus and placed my order for a Fiesta Titanium X with some extra boxes ticked - Frozen White, 17" Alloy Wheel Style Pack, Door Protectors, Advanced Auto Park, BLIS, and the Driver Assistance Pack. Initial contact was made via CarWow if anyone is interested. This followed a close but unsuccessful attempt to buy via AutoeBid (not their fault, just the way it panned out because of part ex issues).

Anyway, I recall it was around Sep that I first learnt that there have been leather supply issues and had become aware again in mid-Dec that there was wait of around 10-12 week because of this. To be honest, they could have just as easily been making it up, but either way there were problems and a lengthy wait involved. I have gone into the deal expecting a wait but I'm not too fussed. The dealer in Bristol I placed the order with said to expect an update from them in early Feb but I'm not really expecting any particularly enlightening unless Ford really ramps up production, but I can't quite imagine that happening yet either. Either way, it'll be a wait of some time and  most likely an 18 plate by default, or maybe a 68 plate perhaps [face palm moment].

Anyone who gets their hands on their Fiesta's ending in an 'X', keep us posted on your order, lead times and experience. Always helpful to know.

Cheer's all.

Popped in to my local dealer today to have a look at an St Line in the flesh. Must say it was really good looking, and the cabin is so much improved over the last model. 

No 'x' model on display though. The salesman said if I ordered today don't expect to get it before September due to the back log and ongoing leather issues. 

I've been checking this forum for a few weeks as I ordered my ST-Line X back in November and was told there is a delay.

The poor guy at Ford keeps giving me my fortnightly updates  - The most recent being, "there is still no build date". If there isn't one then he's going to speak to his 'Progress Team' to see what's going on. To be fair they have been honest throughout - Even when I put my deposit down they said i'm looking at an April/May delivery.

I'll guess I'll just have to be patient and wait.

One thing I did read on a forum somewhere (not here), and I can't find it for the life of me - Some ST-Line's and X's that have been ordered with the Rear View Camera (inc. Rear parking Distance Sensors) - They seems to have not included the rear parking distance sensors when their car was finally delivered - They've had to have the Ford's 'Official' aftermarket sensors fitted.

When I originally built the car on the site, I added the Rear View Camera, and the Rear Parking Sensors would not be selectable because it was included with the Rear Camera at £250. After I saw the post on the forum, I went back this week and reconfigured my car  - You can now select both the Camera and the Sensors option, which slightly concerns me a little -  suppose time will tell.

Fingers crossed some forward thinking Exec at Ford comes up with an idea to solve the leather issue and the start to roll out the tract quicker.

1 hour ago, Chr15_HD said:

One thing I did read on a forum somewhere (not here), and I can't find it for the life of me - Some ST-Line's and X's that have been ordered with the Rear View Camera (inc. Rear parking Distance Sensors) - They seems to have not included the rear parking distance sensors when their car was finally delivered - They've had to have the Ford's 'Official' aftermarket sensors fitted.

You are correct regarding the camera and sensors. We've not had it happen here but when your dealership places the order for the car, Sensors and Camera are listed as 2 separate options. It actually says when ordering, on the dealer system, that the camera does not contain sensors, yet on the price list it says that the camera contains sensors. Your dealer has to tick both options to get the camera and sensors. Easy mistake to make but rectified with the aftermarket ones, they just don't show in the screen.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, MrGinjaNinja said:

You are correct regarding the camera and sensors. We've not had it happen here but when your dealership places the order for the car, Sensors and Camera are listed as 2 separate options. It actually says when ordering, on the dealer system, that the camera does not contain sensors, yet on the price list it says that the camera contains sensors. Your dealer has to tick both options to get the camera and sensors. Easy mistake to make but rectified with the aftermarket ones, they just don't show in the screen.

Do you know if this also applies to the park assist? If you order park assist, do you also need to order rear parking sensors? Is there an extra cost associated with that? Cheers

On a Titanium, Auto Park Assist includes front and rear sensors and the camera. I believe if you specify Auto Park Assist it has to have the front and rear sensors whether you like it or not, so it can identify suitable spaces and guide the car into place.

On a Titanium X, you get the rear camera anyway but rear sensors are optional - again, unless you tick the Auto Park Assist in which case you get front and rear sensors and the camera.

I'm not sure you can have Auto Park Assist on the ST-Line or ST-line X but you can spec up rear sensors and camera. Likewise for the Zetec's. I have no idea about the B&O series models. The Vignale I think gets sensors all round but the Park Assist is still optional, likewise BLIS and the Driver Assistance Pack. Probably surprises me more that the Driver Assistance Pack isn't standard across the range but there you go.

I can see the confusion though as the camera says it includes rear sensors but they are still available as an option even if you tick the camera, and the price goes up too when you tick the rear sensors as well, strange.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, peat said:

Do you know if this also applies to the park assist? If you order park assist, do you also need to order rear parking sensors? Is there an extra cost associated with that? Cheers

Basically it's exactly as @BrownMotoring has described above. If you select the Auto Park feature you automatically get rear and front sensors plus the rear view camera regardless of if they are standard on the car or not. It's only available on B&O Titanium, normal Titanium and Vignale models.

21 hours ago, Chr15_HD said:

I've been checking this forum for a few weeks as I ordered my ST-Line X back in November and was told there is a delay.

The poor guy at Ford keeps giving me my fortnightly updates  - The most recent being, "there is still no build date". If there isn't one then he's going to speak to his 'Progress Team' to see what's going on. To be fair they have been honest throughout - Even when I put my deposit down they said i'm looking at an April/May delivery.

I'll guess I'll just have to be patient and wait.

When I originally built the car on the site, I added the Rear View Camera, and the Rear Parking Sensors would not be selectable because it was included with the Rear Camera at £250. After I saw the post on the forum, I went back this week and reconfigured my car  - You can now select both the Camera and the Sensors option, which slightly concerns me a little -  suppose time will tell.

Fingers crossed some forward thinking Exec at Ford comes up with an idea to solve the leather issue and the start to roll out the tract quicker.

Just checked with the sales guy I ordered by car with - He confirmed what @MrGinjaNinja said. Thankfully though, he did tick both options on my order. The call also cost me money as I added the Comfort Pack too - Only thing I haven't had now it door edge protectors. :mellow:

Been following this thread for a while. 

I ordered a fiesta b&o titanium through the NHS lease scheme and the order was placed with dealer on 20/11. Then I’ve read about all the issues. 

I still haven’t had a build date and keep asking them but they’re obviously not as concerned as I am. My current car MOT expires on 10/03 and I know it will not pass. In November I thought I’d have my car within 10-12 weeks which was the initial lead time given. 

Now I’ve no idea if mine is delayed because they’re now building the x models and mine is stuck in the backlog. 

Anybody order a non-leather fiesta recently that have more information?

Parents ordered their car in December, already built and delivery end this month, begin next month

Dragunov404, that's good going. What model did your parents order?

we got rows and rows of normal (no leather seats) fiestas

That sounds good going. Mine has auto park assist and rear electric windows as extras, do you think this would delay it?

2 hours ago, iantt said:

we got rows and rows of normal (no leather seats) fiestas

Same here. Plenty of Styles, Zetecs and ST-Lines, no leather ones at all. Mine might be the first one in stock when it finally arrives.

Thanks to everyone who's provided information. I ordered my titanium x with advanced auto park assist, blis and driver assistance pack in early November. The dealership said it would be ready in May. I got a call a few weeks ago to say it was being built and would arrive in mid February so I'm also waiting for the 18 plate. It should be a nice upgrade on my 54 plate Fiesta finesse :)

Funny I posted yesterday and today I got an email from the lease company to say that my anticipated delivery is late March. Fingers crossed it’s a week or two early so I’m not without a car for long. 👍🏼

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club