Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Delivery Delays?

Jonson

On 19/01/2018 at 3:27 PM, Ian carr said:

Sorry and rear camera !!

My st line x now between Dagenham and Liverpool according to dealer - could be here in the next few days but dealer has kindly agreed to hold it and put on an 18 plate for the 1st March - also honouring my August part exchange price.

2 hours ago, Ian carr said:

My st line x now between Dagenham and Liverpool according to dealer - could be here in the next few days but dealer has kindly agreed to hold it and put on an 18 plate for the 1st March - also honouring my August part exchange price.

What was your original anticipated delivery month? I have an ST Line X on order from the 21st November and was told that itd be ready for May, but it looks like people are starting to get theirs earlu, which is looking promising.

Original delivery date was end of October and was ordered on August 2nd - it's still taken 6 months !!

It does appear that some are coming through that were ordered in August.

What I don't understand is why Ford advised last November that they would be produced in the order that they were ordered - but I still haven't got mine ordered 20th July.

My dealer keeps advising that they have pushed Ford as hard as they can but I still have no date.

3 minutes ago, Oldbean said:

It does appear that some are coming through that were ordered in August.

What I don't understand is why Ford advised last November that they would be produced in the order that they were ordered - but I still haven't got mine ordered 20th July.

My dealer keeps advising that they have pushed Ford as hard as they can but I still have no date.

have you been given a date at all?

19 hours ago, BrownMotoring said:

Dragunov404, that's good going. What model did your parents order?

They did order a Fiesta MK8 1.0L EcoBoost 125HP Titanium with several options (BLIS,....) on 31st October 2017, car is built on 18th January 2018, at dealership normally on 27th January 2018

Their car:

http://www.talkford.com/community/topic/370954-dragunovs-parents-fiesta-mk8/

Cheers,

Has anyone heard of this:

Ford’s compact and powerful 1.0-litre EcoBoost will in early 2018 become the first three-cylinder engine in the world to feature cylinder deactivation.

1 hour ago, jackhoppkkins said:

have you been given a date at all?

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:03 PM, Oldbean said:

ST Line X (+ extras) ordered 20 July - after first week I received weekly text messages advising that delivery to dealer would be 14 October - at end September got call to say that my order had been removed from the build schedule. After several calls to dealer was told about the leather issue. Mid November was told that production was going to be starting again soon - end November was told that my production date was now 09 December - this week told production "end December".

Realistically, delivery end January will probably turn out to be sometime in February. Even taking into account the Christmas closedown we are talking in excess of 6 months.

Like others in this thread I too have now had to spend money to keep my current car on the road - £180 for a service (it was already overdue and I am not willing to risk breaking down on the M25 which I use daily). I am hoping that the two rear tyres will see me out until the new car arrives - but if the weather changes I will have to give this some thought.  I won't hold my breath for any kind of "apology" from Ford.

Since my two dates in January passed by with no production I have not been given any more dates

Has anyone heard of this:
Ford’s compact and powerful 1.0-litre EcoBoost will in early 2018 become the first three-cylinder engine in the world to feature cylinder deactivation.

i know the 1.5 3 cyl will have cylinder deactivation, but not aware the 1.0 is. where did you hear that from?

Still no further update on ours other than they are still hoping to enable us to collect on the 1st March... Should be 1st day of the 18 plate hopefully. 

Breath not being held....

2 hours ago, iantt said:

i know the 1.5 3 cyl will have cylinder deactivation, but not aware the 1.0 is. where did you hear that from?

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/feu/en/news/2016/11/29/ford-to-offer-fuel-saving-cylinder-deactivation-tech-for-1-0-lit.html

Just wondered when early 2018 will be

Oh, that's old news, remember that being talked about in 2016. Still no news on 1.0 that I know of.

Bit the bullet today and ordered an ST line x. 

140ps, red, black roof, door edge protectors and rear view camera. 

The wait begins... 

As an update. I called Ford today and cancelled my order. I’ll look for something else instead of waiting 6+ months.

Hope everyone enjoys theirs when they get them.

What spec did you go for? Maybe one of us waiting can nab it! 

Hi everyone. New to the forums. 

I ordered a titanium x fiesta in deep impact blue with the park assist and the drivers assistance pack at the start of January  

Knew about the delays before I placed the order and I’m not too concerned as I’m not in a great rush to get the car. 

I did ask about the delay when ordering the car but was told Ford is now catching up with deliveries so it shouldn’t be as long as some people on this forum seem to have waited. This was my latest update: 

Subject

From 

Date

Fiesta B479 - Leather Constraint Update - 16.01.2018 

17-JAN-2018 

Urgent 

Please be advised that production availability for Fiesta B479 full leather which is required

for Vignale series has now improved and we are seeing quicker production timings than initially

anticipated and quoted within Red Top.

We expect that the current sold order bank for Vignale to be built out by the end of Q1

however partial leather capacity for Fiesta ST-Line X and Titanium X remains constrained. 

We are currently working towards the below timings however we will continue to keep you 

informed of any changes. 

- June / July contracted orders to be built out across December and January

- August contracted orders to be built out across January and February

- September and October contracted orders to be built out across February and March

- November and December contracted orders to be built within March.

Please note these dates supercede Red Top.

29 minutes ago, Matt12341234 said:

What spec did you go for? Maybe one of us waiting can nab it! 

Grey ST-Line X 140PS with camera/sensors, door edge protectors, comfort pack, driver assistance pack and B&O Speakers.

May not be able to get it on the same deal as I used a corporate linked discount.

Hi everyone. Newbie here, last ford I had was a Mk1 Fiesta!

Ordered a ST-Line X 140PS in magnetic last week, with Rear Camera and B & O upgrades.

Interesting to read all the comments on the leather and hopefully they'll get the build issues resolved and speeded up.

I was promised end June for delivery, but luckly in no hurry so not holding my breath.

Haha good luck. We were promised ours in October, December, January, now maybe March.... Who knows, who knows?

On 27/01/2018 at 3:05 PM, Rcross said:

Hi everyone. New to the forums. 

I ordered a titanium x fiesta in deep impact blue with the park assist and the drivers assistance pack at the start of January  

Knew about the delays before I placed the order and I’m not too concerned as I’m not in a great rush to get the car. 

I did ask about the delay when ordering the car but was told Ford is now catching up with deliveries so it shouldn’t be as long as some people on this forum seem to have waited. This was my latest update: 

Subject

From 

Date

Fiesta B479 - Leather Constraint Update - 16.01.2018 

17-JAN-2018 

Urgent 

Please be advised that production availability for Fiesta B479 full leather which is required

for Vignale series has now improved and we are seeing quicker production timings than initially

anticipated and quoted within Red Top.

We expect that the current sold order bank for Vignale to be built out by the end of Q1

however partial leather capacity for Fiesta ST-Line X and Titanium X remains constrained. 

We are currently working towards the below timings however we will continue to keep you 

informed of any changes. 

- June / July contracted orders to be built out across December and January

- August contracted orders to be built out across January and February

- September and October contracted orders to be built out across February and March

- November and December contracted orders to be built within March.

Please note these dates supercede Red Top.

Ah, that explains why I had my Vignale delivered on the 11th.

When I ordered back on August, the thinkford website (now baronsgroup) had the Vignale as 'Coming in 2018', looking like they accidentally guessed right.

Hi everyone. first posting.

Ordered a Fiesta Vignale last September with delivery originally scheduled for December. Dealer has kept me informed all the way re progress, or otherwise (Bristol Street Ford, Crewe).

Was told last week VIN number allocated and car being built, just received call  saying car arrived at Dealership this morning and will be available for picking up on Wednesday.

Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Rivo said:

Ordered a Fiesta Vignale last September with delivery originally scheduled for December. Dealer has kept me informed all the way re progress, or otherwise (Bristol Street Ford, Crewe).

Was told last week VIN number allocated and car being built, just received call  saying car arrived at Dealership this morning and will be available for picking up on Wednesday.

Fingers crossed.

Make sure you come back and let us know what you think of it?

Hi,   i recently ordered a Fiesta Vignale and have been given a date of July 31st.     Hoping these times will come down.

5 hours ago, Rivo said:

Fingers crossed.

Very fast from building the car to deliver the car at the dealership.

I wonder when my parents' car arrive at the dealership, built 18th January and still waiting for a Phone call