Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Delivery Delays?

Jonson

27 minutes ago, MrGinjaNinja said:

Correct. It's in the UK and on the train. VISTA updated this morning to give me the new ETA and status update.

oh brilliant i will ask for a vista update tomorrow thanks man 

We have to go to dealership tomorrow morning as I have a day off work. The Mrs has to sign the final finance document and the paperwork for the drive away insurance. Not too long now hopefully.

The sales guy said he has a pleasant surprise for us when we go in..... no it isn't the car yet he said. It is something to do with Ford/dealership re-structuring pricing. He has said our monthly payments have decreased quite a bit.

Never heard of this before, especially as we thought we had got a good price already AND we agreed a price on the car before Ford put their price increase on them.

Nice one mavroz. I know ford are currently doing an offer if you test drive so maybe as a good will gesture for the time taken they are knocking a bit off? 

Still yet to see an 'x' in the wild. There will be loads out there in a week or two by the sound of it. 

• Like 1

I have seen 2 fiesta st lines, on a 67 plate but obviously not any X models.

To be fair I have not seen many mk7.5 st lines the same as mine on the roads or out and about. Zetec S yes but St line, no.

The Mrs said the sales man seems to think that ford offering us the car something like interest free now through the dealership. I can only think it is some kind of goodwill gesture from Ford as many moons ago the mrs contacted ford and complained about the initial delay, we were given a ticket number or something and they said they would sort something out when the car finally arrives.

Anyway.... the wait for the car has been a pain and chore but the dealership and it may now seem Ford also have been very very good with us with the loan of the car and now a repayment reduction.

Just need the car now....

I too have had a pleasant conversation with my dealership but according to them Ford have had absolutely nothing to do with it and have not offered anything - this is all down to the dealership squeezing a better deal out of their margins.

It wouldn't surprise me if the 0% finance is something that is going to be offered to everyone - not just us that have waited and waited. Particularly as other car manufacturers are currently advertising 0%.

That is good news if so..... Ford still need to honour their promise of giving us something if so.

The salesman did say it is what Ford have done though.

I am not sure why they would lower the monthly cost when an agreement has already been signed to say that all parties are happy with agreed sums.

The difference seems to be approx 12% lower monthly repayments. That is nowhere near the Apr figure.

Why would the dealerships make offers when none of this is their fault whatsoever? I am not sure they should be the ones to lose out.

When I took my deal on the mk7.5 mine was at 0% also.

We shall see tomorrow.

13 hours ago, MrGinjaNinja said:

My car is showing as being on DAGRAIL today so maybe it was on that train!

so just got my vista today it shows as Compound In, and location DAGTOPS anyone know what this means, im presuming its in the UK now then ?

5 minutes ago, jakephillips05 said:

so just got my vista today it shows as Compound In, and location DAGTOPS anyone know what this means, im presuming its in the UK now then ?

what was your order date and spec again mate? is yours due to arrive earlier than expected?

1 minute ago, jackhoppkkins said:

what was your order date and spec again mate? is yours due to arrive earlier than expected?

just a normal titanium with park assist 17" alloys and keyfree system, due week ending 10th march just wanted to know what all those basically codes mean compound in and DAGTOPS 

49 minutes ago, jakephillips05 said:

just a normal titanium with park assist 17" alloys and keyfree system, due week ending 10th march just wanted to know what all those basically codes mean compound in and DAGTOPS 

DAGTOPS - Dagenham Transport Operations. - Basically means that it's in the transport network from the Dagenham port. 

23 minutes ago, MrGinjaNinja said:

DAGTOPS - Dagenham Transport Operations. - Basically means that it's in the transport network from the Dagenham port. 

oh brilliant very exciting, its now on UK land :)

7 minutes ago, jakephillips05 said:

oh brilliant very exciting, its now on UK land :)

so has it been on DAGRAIL a train yet or is this the step before the train ?

1 minute ago, jakephillips05 said:

so has it been on DAGRAIL a train yet or is this the step before the train ?

DAGRAIL is after DAGTOPS.

After DAGRAIL is the Liverpool compound, but I can't remember the status code/name for it.

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

After DAGRAIL is the Liverpool compound, but I can't remember the status code/name for it.

ah okay cool mines on its way to the dealer in manchester then back down to london to me exciting times !

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

LIVTOPS is Liverpool

Which dealers have people who have bad calls with the better offer offers been with?

Cheers!

Which dealers have people who have bad calls with the better offer offers been with?

Cheers!

Not sure how helpful dealer recommendations are going to be on here as it's unlikely you're in the same area, and prices fluctuate a lot based on dealer quotas etc.

Some good advice I had, from both people on here and from friends, was to use carwow.com to get the best quotes for the car you want, then see if your local dealers will match them or get close to them - otherwise consider going with the carwow dealer directly.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Evans Halshaw - They have been fantastic with the last 2 cars we purchased.

• Like 1

Just got home with this! Due to collect this morning but delayed due to blizzard! Only managed the few miles from the dealers but will post some comments when I get chance for a proper drive. Must say that given the delays were attributed to leather, I'm not impressed - have had seats with leatherette bolsters that looked more like leather!

Hope you all get your cars on better days than this!!

IMG_20180301_164356.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Just got home with this! Due to collect this morning but delayed due to blizzard! Only managed the few miles from the dealers but will post some comments when I get chance for a proper drive. Must say that given the delays were attributed to leather, I'm not impressed - have had seats with leatherette bolsters that looked more like leather!

Hope you all get your cars on better days than this!!

IMG_20180301_164356.jpg

very nice What spec and extras did you get with it ?

• Like 1

TV

9 minutes ago, jakephillips05 said:

very nice What spec and extras did you get with it ?

Thanks! It's just the "basic" ST-LINE X 140, only extras are spare wheel and reverse camera/sensors. TBH I only went for the X as it's the only way to get some of the bits I wanted (EATC in particular).

Excellent! Christ I don't know how bad the weather is where you are, but I'd be scared to death of driving a brand new car home in this snow! 

3 hours ago, simps100 said:

Cheers!

Went with Andover Ford. I went for the ST Line X 3 Door 1.5 TDCi in Deep Impact Blue. Had most the the optional extras other than the CD Player and Door Edge Protectors. The guy I’ve been dealing with knocked nearly £3500 off it. They’ve been great too. Would definitely recommend them. 

16 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

TV

Thanks! It's just the "basic" ST-LINE X 140, only extras are spare wheel and reverse camera/sensors. TBH I only went for the X as it's the only way to get some of the bits I wanted (EATC in particular).

ah yeh i went for titanium because i wanted the x with all the features but i would of had to wait to long and wouldnt of got it in time for my lease is up so got titanium insted 

1 hour ago, Matt12341234 said:

Excellent! Christ I don't know how bad the weather is where you are, but I'd be scared to death of driving a brand new car home in this snow! 

was scared!!😀

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club