Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Delivery Delays?

Jonson

19 minutes ago, jackhoppkkins said:

how have you got your X model being delivered in March from a NOvember order? mine X model was a november order also and is due late april still

My titanium x was ordered January 10th and is built and due at the dealers March 10th. It’s weird how some later orders seem to be being delivered earlier than some of the early orders. 

Spoke with dealership this afternoon and mine (spec’d up Titanium X ordered 19 Jan)  is still at New Flushing. Original ETA was 31/03, updates from dealership have been suggesting week ending 17/03 for a while but potentially during the following week now - he mentioned shippings from New Flushing are on hold just now and no cars shipping out of Dagenham this last few days. Hopefully that will resume soon. Another update next week sometime but still on track/slightly ahead of schedule for line still. As long as that stays true that’s not too bad for a mid-Jan order as I’m aware a lot of folks have been waiting much longer. I’d say to keep checking and nagging for updates and action, hopefully those delivery dates will come down but it certainly seems Ford is hanging out the Fiesta’s more quickly now.
Surprised to learn that the shipments are on hold. The ships are still going back and forth and have been all week:

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:115152/zoom:10840a59447807735f0c3990cdfac86f82.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ah well, good news then. That was the message from my dealership but they could have been telling me anything. I guess the cars will just be stacking up and shipped out as and when.

Ah well, good news then. That was the message from my dealership but they could have been telling me anything. I guess the cars will just be stacking up and shipped out as and when.
Yeah, they probably don't really know what's going on other than that they're (apparently) not seeing transporters arrive at the moment.. there's still plenty of time before the 17th :)

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yes it is, looks ok too.

The normal system sounds pretty good to me using DAB radio or USB stick sources, though as my wife keeps telling me, my hearing's not what it was. My dealer tells me that they haven't had a single customer order the B & O option, the only ones they've sold were a couple of B & O Titanium's, and then only because that's all they could get from Ford.

I was at the Fiesta launch events in Daventry and they had a Mk7.5, a Mk8 non B&O and a Mk8 with B&O. We had music aof all kinds playing, classical, pop, rock, techno etc etc. The non B&O Mk8 was so much better tha the Mk7.5 and the B&O Mk8 was miles better still. I listen to a lot of hard dance music so it's perfect for me. There's 675W of power in the B&O which is a massive upgrade over the Mk7.5

48 minutes ago, jakephillips05 said:

ahh right yeh think its all be delayed because of snow dont think they want transporters and trains having accidents with lots of expensive new cars on them

we been having deliverys all day, just not from them. 

42 minutes ago, peat said:

Surprised to learn that the shipments are on hold. The ships are still going back and forth and have been all week:

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:115152/zoom:10840a59447807735f0c3990cdfac86f82.jpg

do they have 2 ships on just one and what are the names of them if there is two ?

4 minutes ago, iantt said:

we been having deliverys all day, just not from them. 

what do you mean sorry ?

do they have 2 ships on just one and what are the names of them if there is two ?
There are 3 - Undine, Cymbeline and Celestine. You can make a 'fleet' on that Marinetraffic site to see just them on the map like in my screenshot - but have to register an account in order to do that. Take a look at the recent arrivals and departures from Dagenham to find the 3 boats. https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ports/1703/United_Kingdom_port:DAGENHAM#tabs-arr-dep

Interesting read: http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk/news/feature-inside-the-320million-shipping-port-of-barking-and-dagenham-1-4697750

Just now, peat said:

There are 3 - Undine, Cymbeline and Celestine. You can make a 'fleet' on that Marinetraffic site to see just them on the map like in my screenshot - but have to register an account in order to do that. Take a look at the recent arrivals and departures from Dagenham to find the 3 boats. https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ports/1703/United_Kingdom_port:DAGENHAM#tabs-arr-dep

Interesting read: http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk/news/feature-inside-the-320million-shipping-port-of-barking-and-dagenham-1-4697750

oh brilliant thanks, is there any chance a way to track the train transporters ?

oh brilliant thanks, is there any chance a way to track the train transporters ?
Not that I know of - haven't really looked into it as I'm in the south though.

1 minute ago, peat said:

Not that I know of - haven't really looked into it as I'm in the south though.

ah okay will im in Hertfordshire but because my lease company is in Manchester the car has to go all the way up there on the train then back down to me 

15 minutes ago, jakephillips05 said:

what do you mean sorry ?

we havent had dagenham transporters arrive at our distribution centre but believe southamptons have been making the journeys  to us all day. 

14 minutes ago, iantt said:

we havent had dagenham transporters arrive at our distribution centre but believe southamptons have been making the journeys  to us all day. 

ah right got you sadly mine is going up north on the trains and i think they have held them the last 2 days because of the snow sadly 

1 hour ago, iantt said:

It is strange I live in Bucks but my car is being held in Portbury compound which is near Bristol 

My fiesta Titanium x 5 dr was ordered in August 2017 built in 31st Jan 2018 

Latest ETA is next week 10/03/2018  which is 38 days after build date 28 weeks after order.

Patience is always need when buying this car.

1 hour ago, iantt said:

6 hours ago, Mavroz said:

How many were they supposed to have?

Etis shows 7 speakers for ours without B&O.

I feel sure when I ordered about 6 months ago the st line x had 6 Speakers same as st line...?

Will check again later Jonson, pretty agree I saw 7 Speakers on Etis yesterday when I looked.

Only checked it as when we she signed some paperwork for car yesterday, there was no mention of extras we asked for but Etis shows them.

Brochure now shows 7 Speakers in the X, but I'm sure it didn't when I ordered, so it feels like a bonus to me.

It makes me wonder how much of the infrastructure is in place for the b&o play option - specifically is there useable wiring in place in the boot for a sub ....?

Anyway, looks like mine should finally be ready for collection 17 March,  hope it's worth the wait. 

• Like 1

Sure it will. The Mrs can't wait to get her here after 8 month wait.

Got reg and Vin number today - had a look on ETIS looking forward to it now!

Ordered the Titanium X with Advance Auto park assistance, BLIS, Door Edge protectors and Driver assistance Pack - can't see the assistance pack on etis though any ideas what that would be listed as although I'm sure its fine!

Got reg and Vin number today - had a look on ETIS looking forward to it now!
Ordered the Titanium X with Advance Auto park assistance, BLIS, Door Edge protectors and Driver assistance Pack - can't see the assistance pack on etis though any ideas what that would be listed as although I'm sure its fine!
My Titanium non-X with driver assistance pack also doesn't specify driver assistance pack in the list, but it does have 'With Adaptive Speed Control' and 'Collision Mitigation System 3 Lvl 2' which probably covers it (don't ask me what the System 3 Lvl 2 means because I don't know)

15 minutes ago, peat said:

My Titanium non-X with driver assistance pack also doesn't specify driver assistance pack in the list, but it does have 'With Adaptive Speed Control' and 'Collision Mitigation System 3 Lvl 2' which probably covers it (don't ask me what the System 3 Lvl 2 means because I don't know)

Ah yeah mine has this too great thank you!

I wonder when they’ll add full LED headlights as an option?

They’ve been spotted on photos of the new ST so hopefully not far off. 

Just now, anyjungleinguy said:

I wonder when they’ll add full LED headlights as an option?

They’ve been spotted on photos of the new ST so hopefully not far off. 

Within the month I reckon. I'll let you know as I'm waiting for the ST.

Thanks! 

Wish I’d have waited for the MK8 instead of getting mine last August. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club