Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Delivery Delays?

Jonson

6 minutes ago, anyjungleinguy said:

How do you know about the sequential indicators?

From the German price list:

LED Scheinwerfer für Abblend- und Fernlicht*

Durch die LED Technologie wird das Licht der Scheinwerfer
von lichtemittierenden Dioden (LEDs) übernommen,
welche ein helles und natürliches Licht erzeugen und durch
ihre Effizienz zur Verringerung des Kraftstoffverbrauches
beitragen. Zusätzlich zu dem Abblend- und Fernlicht
sind das Tagfahrlicht und die Rückleuchten sowie die
sequentiellen Blinkleuchten vorn in LED.

LED-Scheinwerfer für Abblend- und Fernlicht mit
•    LED-Tagfahrlicht und LED-Rückleuchten
•    sequentielle LED-Blinkleuchten
•    dynamische Leuchtweitenregulierung

Google Translates to:

LED headlights for dipped and main beam*

LED technology turns on the light of the headlights
taken over by light emitting diodes (LEDs),
which produce a bright and natural light and through
their efficiency for reducing fuel consumption
contribute. In addition to the dipped and main beam
are the daytime running lights and taillights as well as the
sequential flashing lights in front in LED.

LED Headlamp for dipped and main beam with
•    LED daytime running lights and LED taillights
    sequential LED indicators
•    dynamic headlamp leveling

• Thanks 1

i think the train transporters are still being held at dagenham no train today either.

4 minutes ago, jakephillips05 said:

i think the train transporters are still being held at dagenham no train today either.

Are these for delivery’s which go up north do you know?

1 minute ago, simps100 said:

yes they are for up north they go to liverpool and on from there on road transporters i believe 

2 minutes ago, simps100 said:

mines going to manchester but not sure why still no trains i understand last week as of the snow 

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

From the German price list:

Google Translates to:

Nice, thank you! 

Here is a better picture of the ST with full LED headlights. looks very nice

IMG_4859.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jakephillips05 said:

Here is a better picture of the ST with full LED headlights. looks very nice

Nice view of the lower mounted intercooler there unlike the 1.0 demos dressed as STs with their vertical intercooler. Also a distinct lack of active shutter grille on that ST.

Here is a close up I found of the LED lights, got a good view of the sequential LED indicator too.

20170923-135355-1870499324135427084.jpg

• Like 1

Headlight units look good but not sure about the fog light surrounds or the grilles. They seem to look like chicken wire, not having the depth like the honeycomb grilles on the mk7.5 St and St Lines.

45 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Nice view of the lower mounted intercooler there unlike the 1.0 demos dressed as STs with their vertical intercooler. Also a distinct lack of active shutter grille on that ST.

Here is a close up I found of the LED lights, got a good view of the sequential LED indicator too.

20170923-135355-1870499324135427084.jpg

looks nice 

44 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

Headlight units look good but not sure about the fog light surrounds or the grilles. They seem to look like chicken wire, not having the depth like the honeycomb grilles on the mk7.5 St and St Lines.

yeh it does look like chicken wire actually taking a better look hmmm?

On a different subject I have ordered an Automatic Fiesta - the New Vehicle Order shows "Powershift automatic " as the transmission

Checking -the Etis screen  it just shows shows "6 Speed Auto Trans 6F15" - no mention of Poweshift automatic

The new brochure dated today shows Powershift  in the small print - I know the brochure is not always very good - there are lots of errors on the document - they cannot even spell Titanium correctly......

Honest John in the Daily Telegraph many weeks ago that stated that the new  Fiesta has a decent six-speed torque converter gearbox to replace the dreaded Powershift 

This was queried again last Saturday he replied again stating "I have checked, checked and checked again. It's specifically mentioned in the press pack for the new Fiesta . if it's the same as the Peugeot /Citroen Aisin Warner EAT6. it is a very efficient ,compact gearbox."

Can anybody tell me who is right ......

7 hours ago, Keith Amersham said:

On a different subject I have ordered an Automatic Fiesta - the New Vehicle Order shows "Powershift automatic " as the transmission

Checking -the Etis screen  it just shows shows "6 Speed Auto Trans 6F15" - no mention of Poweshift automatic

The new brochure dated today shows Powershift  in the small print - I know the brochure is not always very good - there are lots of errors on the document - they cannot even spell Titanium correctly......

Honest John in the Daily Telegraph many weeks ago that stated that the new  Fiesta has a decent six-speed torque converter gearbox to replace the dreaded Powershift 

This was queried again last Saturday he replied again stating "I have checked, checked and checked again. It's specifically mentioned in the press pack for the new Fiesta . if it's the same as the Peugeot /Citroen Aisin Warner EAT6. it is a very efficient ,compact gearbox."

Can anybody tell me who is right ......

Where did you see a new brochure? Or do you mean the pricelist?

the 2017 fiesta has 4  different manual transmissions, and only 1 auto. 

the auto is indeed a conventional torque converter type transmission. the 6f15. 

Just now, iantt said:

the 2017 fiesta has 4  different manual transmissions, and only 1 auto. 

the auto is indeed a conventional torque converter type transmission. the 6f15. 

4? I assumed they'd all be the same new 6 speed, (except the ST). Are they still using the ib5 on the low spec ones?

You'd think they'd want fewer to have to manufacture and stock. Maybe they'll consolidate them later like they did on the turbos for the 1.0

Yeah, you would think so, haven't looked to see which box matches which engine yet. 

Probably something like:

1.1 = 5mx65

1.0 (100) = 6mx65

1.0 (125/140) = b6

1.5 TDCI/1.5 EB = B6 plus?

Or perhaps all 1.0s have the 6mx65, B6 just for the 1.5 tdci and b6 plus just for the ST?

• Like 1

Your nearly right, all 1.0 ecoboost and 1.5tdci, 85hp use the 6mx65, the 1.5tdci 120hp uses b6, st will be the b6 plus.

Just had a look at the Ford Configuration site. The new Active is now there and you can now select the Full LED Headlights - Gutted they came out after mine had been built. 

On another note, they seem to have removed the Deep Impact Blue colour for ST-Line X’s. Glad I managed order mine in that before the removed it. 

• Thanks 1

They've got the wrong picture for the LED headlights though, they are the really budget reflector ones you get on the style.

Odd they've removed the blue, no replacement to it either. Perhaps they want the blue for the ST to stand out more.

Yeah... I think I’ll see if Ford will for the aftermarket LED when mine finally eventually arrives. 

Yeah, doesn’t seem to be anything to replace. Just glad I got mine I’m blue before it went. 

Just now, Chr15_HD said:

Yeah... I think I’ll see if Ford will for the aftermarket LED when mine finally eventually arrives. 

Yeah, doesn’t seem to be anything to replace. Just glad I got mine I’m blue before it went. 

The LEDs are auto levelling, so the light controls are different. It also means there will need to be sensors on the suspension to detect angle the car is at. Then it all needs programming.

Dealer told me last week they've discontinued the Deep Impact Blue on the Fiesta range.

Shame about how much work it would take to fit LED's aftermarket - I guess its unlikely its a job Ford would offer.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club