Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Delivery Delays?

Jonson

Car delivered to dealership today very exciting 

Mine is still showing as being in Flushing, was expecting it to be delivered by now. Anyone who had theirs delivered recently know if they turned up unexpectedly?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ours was bang on the date they told us a coupke of weeks ago. 

W/e 10th March. We are collecting tomorrow.

I know mine wasn't too recent, but I got the call from my dealer on the 2nd Jan saying my Vignale was awaiting shipping, and then got a call on 9th Jan saying it had just arrived at the dealer, and the dealer sounded as surprised as I was.

• Like 1

Pretty sure I heard mention of some vehicles had been made and stored just awaiting seating to be fitted when it was available.

Maybe some of these were stock models etc,this could be the reason that some vehicles were built and delivered very quickly? 

Picked up car yesterday fiesta st line X ordered august 28 built February 19 arrived at dealer march 2 picked up march 9 very nice car white black roof etc rear camera adaptive cruise control spare wheel door protectors really nice too drive

Nice to see other "X's" coming through now - mine's been feeling quite lonely since 1 March!

If you add optional extras do you declare them as modifications on your insurance when you take out new insurance ?

3 minutes ago, jakephillips05 said:

If you add optional extras do you declare them as modifications on your insurance when you take out new insurance ?

Depends on the insurer.

1 hour ago, jakephillips05 said:

Never known anyone have to if they were a factory fitted option at purchase.

2 hours ago, jakephillips05 said:

To my knowledge, if it’s factory fitted, then they are with most insurers, linked into your registration plate so don’t have anything to declare. It’s only once it’s left the factory that you have to start declaring, so if your dealer added on parking sensors for example before they gave the car to you, it’s still a modification as it wasn’t like that when it left the factory.

• Like 2

On 08/03/2018 at 4:26 AM, Mavroz said:

Looks very nice but...... I would have been livid if they had put ours on a 67 plate. Strange thing to do.

Why di you not ask them to hold it until the new plate? I did! If they told u it had to be registered at time of ordering.....they lied!

• Like 1

On 06/03/2018 at 1:20 PM, nsw1995 said:

Off topic a bit but...

Does anyone know if the new ST-Line X will have auto folding door mirrors (i.e when you lock and unlock the car)?

Yes, they do.

Finally collected late last yesterday tea time approx 8 month wait to get it.

• Like 2

Just ordered a 140 ST line and have been quoted the 20th April for delivery!

Does anyone know what the differences are between the "sports style seats" and those fitted to the other models in the range? They look identical in the pictures!

Thanks

Off topic slightly but can't see the point in starting a new thread.

How much is a reasonable price for a Titanium X 5dr 100PS with self-parking, door edge protectors, adjustable boot load floor, BLIS, Driver Assistance, CD Player, LED headlamps? I've been quoted around £18,500 via brokers. Just wondering if this is a mad price? Seems a lot to me.

First off, as others have said, go for the LED headlights. Standard lights on the Fiesta's are Halogens.

I'm guessing that by ordering with all the options available, there won't be that many people that you can compare your quotes with.

I've played around with quotes on the ST Line X and found that some of the options were far less desirable when I got the end quotes. Do you really want the CD player?

**Edit** I see that you've also posted on OcUK forums :wink:

1 hour ago, dwalker said:

Just ordered a 140 ST line and have been quoted the 20th April for delivery!

Does anyone know what the differences are between the "sports style seats" and those fitted to the other models in the range? They look identical in the pictures!

Thanks

For starters they are partial leather..... that's what the delay on production was about.

On 25/10/2017 at 12:46 PM, Jonson said:

Has anyone received an ST line (X) mk8 yet? Or have any info on expected delivery?

My dealer says there is a parts shortage and Ford haven't even scheduled my build yet  - despite taking my deposit in August :(

W

22 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

For starters they are partial leather..... that's what the delay on production was about.

I can see the fabric/leather is different yes. But are there any differences in shape? Larger bolsters etc?

Thanks

27 minutes ago, Zico said:

First off, as others have said, go for the LED headlights. Standard lights on the Fiesta's are Halogens.

I'm guessing that by ordering with all the options available, there won't be that many people that you can compare your quotes with.

I've played around with quotes on the ST Line X and found that some of the options were far less desirable when I got the end quotes. Do you really want the CD player?

**Edit** I see that you've also posted on OcUK forums :wink:

Yeah I have mate haha, they've given me lots to think about.

It's my first "new" car, might be getting a bit carried away...

15 minutes ago, Funkywill58 said:

W

3 minutes ago, Gigabit said:

Yeah I have mate haha, they've given me lots to think about.

It's my first "new" car, might be getting a bit carried away...

All I would say is go for what you want otherwise you will never be totally happy. You get one chance when ordering a new car and you don't want to regret not having had this or that ! I got the t-shirt on that one 25 years ago

2 hours ago, Gigabit said:

Off topic slightly but can't see the point in starting a new thread.

How much is a reasonable price for a Titanium X 5dr 100PS with self-parking, door edge protectors, adjustable boot load floor, BLIS, Driver Assistance, CD Player, LED headlamps? I've been quoted around £18,500 via brokers. Just wondering if this is a mad price? Seems a lot to me.

What colour did you choose as different colours are different prices?

I paid about £15,800 for my titanium x 100 5 door from a broker, with the options of deep impact blue paint, drivers assistance pack, park assist pack and variable boot floor.

The RRP for mine was £20,210 so at £15,800 my discount was around 22% for reference. 

If you picked a premium colour (£495 option) I believe the RRP would be £21,410 for your car as described. Which at £18,500 is about a 14% discount off the RRP. 

Obviously the savings vary from broker to broker so it may be worth looking around a bit more. I compared lots of different deals and went into some dealerships. Some good deals to be had.

I would have preferred to have gone through a dealership as going through a broker comes with its own problems but none of the dealerships I visited would even consider getting close to that figure. 

6 hours ago, dwalker said:

I can see the fabric/leather is different yes. But are there any differences in shape? Larger bolsters etc?

Thanks

Wouldn't really have a clue about the seat difference on mk8 fiestas. Again they an improvement on the 7.5 and are very comfortable.

7 hours ago, Rcross said:

What colour did you choose as different colours are different prices?

I paid about £15,800 for my titanium x 100 5 door from a broker, with the options of deep impact blue paint, drivers assistance pack, park assist pack and variable boot floor.

The RRP for mine was £20,210 so at £15,800 my discount was around 22% for reference. 

If you picked a premium colour (£495 option) I believe the RRP would be £21,410 for your car as described. Which at £18,500 is about a 14% discount off the RRP. 

Obviously the savings vary from broker to broker so it may be worth looking around a bit more. I compared lots of different deals and went into some dealerships. Some good deals to be had.

I would have preferred to have gone through a dealership as going through a broker comes with its own problems but none of the dealerships I visited would even consider getting close to that figure. 

Hi mate,

That's with "Metallic" which as you point out is premium. The only standard colour is red but I really don't fancy that! Would have liked "Deep Impact Blue" but they've discontinued it!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club