Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Delivery Delays?

Jonson

1 hour ago, Gigabit said:

Lol think Broker4cars are gonna smash the competition, don't think Ford dealers are going to give £4K off somehow :P

Sorry for the delay in replying. Been busy working hard to pay the car off. Broker 4  cars were who i got my car from. Ordered 10th Jan and they quote 4-5 months with delays. 

They have just emailed to say the car is ready for delivery about 2 months after ordering. They were great throughout. 

A few things to note. They charge a broker fee of around £200.

They also register their company as the first owner and drive the vehicle to you (as a lot of brokers do). You can pay (i think they said about) £300 more and get it delivered on a flatbed and be the first owner, but I wasn't that fussed and preferred to spend the £300 on options. 

Thanks @Rcross. Had a look and with finance (they make you take theirs it looks like), it's much the same as others as interest is a wopping 5%+.

Seems like the best price I'll get is around £7500 over two years and then giving the car back, which I probably will do. It doesn't seem quite as expensive if I do it like that but I realise this is just delaying the payment, it will have to be paid on one car, some day.

13 hours ago, jackhoppkkins said:

howwww?? I order my ST Line X in mid November and as far as Ive heard, still hasnt been built. anyone know why some more recent orders are coming through quicker than orders from before? 

I complained to my dealer about the same thing but got no meaningful response. My St Line X 140 was ordered on the 15th August, built on the 15th February and been waiting for shipping to the UK in Flushing since 21st February. Very frustrated with the lack of updates. The dealer has done their best with what little information Ford have provided but Ford has absolutely no customer service or customer focus.

Ours was ordered beginning of August (12th, cannot remember)and we have it now.

Was told at the time that dealerships have some sort of pecking order for manufacture and delivery of new cars from Ford.

Not sure if this is true but it seems likely now reading this.

Ford helped us with our initial enquiry and gave us a ticket number to get back to them when the car finally arrived. We have thought this through and decided as we have been lent a loan car (which Ford knew about, they may have been paying for it??) for the duration, the loan car was insured for us, a week before we collected the new car the repayment was lowered as ford had reduced their Apr, dealership fully filled the new car up with petrol and gave me a 50 quid referral cheque for the mrs getting her car from them.

We think the dealership (Especially the salesman) and probably Ford have fallen over themselves to look after us for some reason, which we are grateful for and are not contemplating taking the initial complaint about the delay any further.

Couldn't ask for more whatsoever.

Tend to feel Ford have left their dealers to take the flak on this one. I complained direct to Ford that I, and my dealer, were being given no meaningful information but was fobbed off with the usual "customer service" doublespeak and advised to keep liaising with my dealer.

2 hours ago, Iron Duke said:

I complained to my dealer about the same thing but got no meaningful response. My St Line X 140 was ordered on the 15th August, built on the 15th February and been waiting for shipping to the UK in Flushing since 21st February. Very frustrated with the lack of updates. The dealer has done their best with what little information Ford have provided but Ford has absolutely no customer service or customer focus.

that is so annoying. it’s such a mickey take how some of us have been waiting 5-6+ months yet people receive there’s within 2-3

Compared to some folks who have waited 8 months plus, I feel lucky to have got mine in a "mere" 6!

Without this forum, and this thread in particular, I may have felt it was just me who had a problem and my dealer was spinning me a yarn. So I've really appreciated everyone sharing what little information we could obtain and just being generally supportive. So many thanks Guys and Gals, and may your cars arrive soon!

• Like 5

Yeah it is always batted back to the dealer to give updates etc etc

Before I found out the delay issues we had convinced ourselves that our car had been made, delivered and given to another customer who had paid more to get the car quicker. It was the salesman then who showed us the Vista system I think It is called?

Best part of 7 months wait for me, causing considerable inconvenience and expenditure. Can't complain about the dealer, disgusted with Ford's handling of the issue. I spent a great deal of time writing and trying to escalate complaints to Ford, to receive no response other than "sorry that you're not happy, speak to your dealer." No explanation, barely an acknowledgement or apology for the issue, let alone any form of compensation.

Just now, Jonson said:

Best part of 7 months wait for me, causing considerable inconvenience and expenditure. Can't complain about the dealer, disgusted with Ford's handling of the issue. I spent a great deal of time writing and trying to escalate complaints to Ford, to receive no response other than "sorry that you're not happy, speak to your dealer." No explanation, barely an acknowledgement or apology for the issue, let alone any form of compensation.

If you want to complain, write to the CEO office at HQ. Don't both with CRC with are a waste of space.

5 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

If you want to complain, write to the CEO office at HQ. Don't both with CRC with are a waste of space.

I did this - got no reply.

3 minutes ago, Jonson said:

I did this - got no reply.

They replied to me when I complained, sent a recorded letter to Andy Barratt and heard back from someone at his office.

Been quoted £17651 for Titanium X 125PS, 5 dr, adjustable boot floor, advanced auto assistance pack, BSI, CD player, door edge protectors, driver assistance pack, full LED headlamps, magnetic paint.

Would you go for it?

Our St line X was a little cheaper than this.

Not our thing the Titanium, personally our think St lines look far better. 

First person i have heard mention having the CD player installed?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gigabit said:

Been quoted £17651 for Titanium X 125PS, 5 dr, adjustable boot floor, advanced auto assistance pack, BSI, CD player, door edge protectors, driver assistance pack, full LED headlamps, magnetic paint.

Would you go for it?

Is this via Broker4Cars? Not the worst price, my ST Line X was a little cheaper with a couple of options specified. Although I don't think it's a bad price, especially as you have some pretty costly options like the Driver Assistance Pack (which I think has gone up) and the LED's up front. Would I go for it? I think so, doesn't seem like a bad price for a well equipped car!

• Like 1

Have to say, paying for the CD Player would be a no from me though! Increases the price (slightly I suppose but unnecessarily) and takes up the handy bit of storage in the glovebox. I'm sure I don't need to go into the advantages of a USB but that'd be my only way of listening to any recorded music.

Thanks mate, it is worth saying headline price is less relevant when using PCP, which I am and probably only going to keep for two years. Obviously if I keep it will be cheaper.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gigabit said:

Yeah, gonna take the CD Player off...

I don’t think you’ll regret that, the USB will be far more practical and I think you’ll like the extra space in the glovebox over the CD player

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DG97 said:

I don’t think you’ll regret that, the USB will be far more practical and I think you’ll like the extra space in the glovebox over the CD player

Don't really know what I was thinking tbh! I've not listened to a CD in years. Feel really dumb.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Gigabit said:

Don't really know what I was thinking tbh! I've not listened to a CD in years. Feel really dumb.

Haha, in my current car I only have the CD, no USB so the thought of using CDs instead of a USB sends shivers down my spine lol

After a 4 month wait, It's finally  here! :)

Just drove it around for a bit and it's so much nice to drive that my last ST-Line.

Loads of tech - Especially like the panoramic roof and the B&O Sound System sounds amazing.

I'd say it was worth the wait.

IMG_2515.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

IMG_2518.jpg

IMG_2510.JPG

• Like 4

cant wait to get mine by the end of the month sadly its only a titanium but will still post some pictures :)

46 minutes ago, jakephillips05 said:

its only a titanium 

Only a titanium? Nonsense , it's lovely! I wouldn't want "sporty" features and especially not a firmer suspension. I bet that panoramic roof, besides stealing headroom, will leak one day.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club