Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Delivery Delays?

Jonson

On 15.3.2018 at 10:32 PM, Gigabit said:

Can somebody do me a favour as well, I've been watching a video review.

Can somebody confirm if this is present in their car (this is a Polish Fiesta)? I'm wondering if this is a wireless charging pad or a signal booster?

Under the mat is the slot where you put your fob, if the fob battery is dead.

btw. That storage Shell is piece of awfull design, overall ford really drop the ball in one thing. That is using the android auto(AA) easy.

- Need to use usb instead of bt or wifi(ok this is not ford fault, and wifi is coming to AA)

- Only front usb works with AA(atleast i have not get the arm rest usb to work for AA)

- Front usb is at very risky place, and for me also it is very ugly looking the usb cable sticking in shiny carbon panel

- There is no good place to put your phone. If i put my S8 with usb cable connectet to it in that holder front of gear stick, it would not fit sideways to it, and other way cable and phone is in way of the gear stick.

- If your phone gets disconnect from the car, beware of radio blasting at high volume(There might be a fix for this in pipeline)

Here is my Vignale

Inked2018-02-23 15.33.33-1_LI.jpg

• Like 2

Does anyone know if the USB port in the arm rest works with apple car play ? i think i saw a video a while back in youtube but i cant seem to find it again. if anyone can help that would be great.

I know connecting an iphone8 in the armrest usb has the same effect as plugging it into the front usb port. I haven't tried my galaxy s8 android as of yet.

I was wrong, the armrest usb works for android S8 also. Might have been bad cable before when i tested it.

What's phone signal like in the armrest?

Also, how easy is it to run a USB cable to the windscreen so I can mount my phone on there?

Phone signal with Vodafone and 02 seems just fine in the armrest up to now,along with most places in the cabin.

That is in good signal areas, not sure when right on the coast or deep rural.

Wouldn't know about running a cable, sorry.

• Like 1

thanks guys for all the replies about the usb in the arm rest 

does anyone know if ST line X has driver lumbar support and passenger height adjustment??

Yes the seats have manual lumbar adjustments, will check passenger height adjust but I don't think so. Will check if no one knows definitely.The mk7.5 doesn't have either on the passenger seat.

1 hour ago, Mavroz said:

Yes the seats have manual lumbar adjustments, will check passenger height adjust but I don't think so. Will check if no one knows definitely.The mk7.5 doesn't have either on the passenger seat.

I take it just the driver seat has lumbar?

No, in he mk8 the passenger seat has lumbar adjust.

The 7.5 has driver only.

1 hour ago, Mavroz said:

No, in he mk8 the passenger seat has lumbar adjust.

The 7.5 has driver only.

oh wow, Im suprised by that. you would think that it would have height adj. too then.

Will find out when the mrs gets in from work. Never looked for height adjust on passenger seat, but i have found the lumbar adjust knob.

Quick edit, ETIS shows the car has 4 way manual adjustable driver seat and 4 way manual adjustable passenger seat, so i am presuming without looking it is height adjustable.

• Like 1

also what is everyones thoughts on the stock Speakers? I love my music but didnt really want to pay extra for the B&O as I wanted different options more and im also upgrading from the worst Speakers ever from my citreon C1 (literally just a phone speaker basically, no bass whatso ever, just 1 ***** speaker bar across the windscreen), so hopefully the stock Speakers will still be good.

Took delivery of my Fiesta Titanium X on 9 March 2018. Ordered on 1 August 2017. Regarding the manual lumbar adjustment, this is only on my driver's seat. The passenger seat only has height adjustment. I queried this with the dealer, as the brochure indicated both driver and passenger seats, I was informed that lumbar adjustment no longer applied to the passenger seat. Also noticed that no ambient lighting on internal door levers as mentioned in the brochure! 

36 minutes ago, TreforD said:

Took delivery of my Fiesta Titanium X on 9 March 2018. Ordered on 1 August 2017. Regarding the manual lumbar adjustment, this is only on my driver's seat. The passenger seat only has height adjustment. I queried this with the dealer, as the brochure indicated both driver and passenger seats, I was informed that lumbar adjustment no longer applied to the passenger seat. Also noticed that no ambient lighting on internal door levers as mentioned in the brochure! 

Goodness that's a long wait

Ok, i have just checked her car, i can confirm that both driver and passenger seat have the lumbar support adjustment and the height adjustments also.

As above there is no ambient door lever lighting but then i wasn't aware there was as there are no footwell lights either.

Obviously there is a difference on what you get between models, maybe seating has bothe on the St line x and vignale only.?

• Like 1

Hope this clears the St Line x seating questions up.😀

yeah it does. perfect thank you

• Like 1

after ordering an ST Line X  in mid november, for a delivery date of 11th of May; being pulled forward to mid - late april, i have now been told today that it has been delayed again and i can expect it in mid May...... don’t understand how people are receiving there’s early, yet mine is being pushed back

Depends on your dealership in the pecking order, what you have ordered as extras on it etc.

Maybe further leather shortages?

Ours was forecast to be delivered October, December, then March.

You will get it sooner or later.

mine originally went from january, march to may. then to april, and now back to may... just want it now arghhhh

Today I received my Titanium X 100bhp ecoboost. Deep impact blue, ordered Jan 10th. 

As I don't think many people have got Titanium Xs yet I thought I would share some initial thoughts:

The steering is really sharp, handles great as you would expect for a fiesta. 

The keyless entry is great. I know of all the problems regarding people stealing the cars but it is great to be able to walk up to the car and open the door without looking for my keys in my bag. 

The B&O sound system seems very similar at normal volumes to the normal sound system. When turned up it does sound great, no distortion, great bass. But this benefit seems  only noticeable at much louder volumes than I would normally listen to music at (Though it may be noticeable comparing the two side by side).  

Heated steering wheel is lovely in cold weather. 

Adaptive cruise control works but its a strange sensation the accelerating / decelerating by itself, if you aren't used to it. 

Radio & nav system works well. I like that it shows route guidance on the instrument cluster. 

The door bins are really small and have a sharp piece of plastic sticking into them, possibly to help hold a bottle in them?

I put a coffee in the drinks holder and it seemed to catch the handbrake when I used it. 

The gear shift indicatior seems super eager for me to change up (which im guessing is for maximum economy). Most of the times I tried to do as it said the car felt like it was too slow for that gear and like the car was about to stall. 

My favourite feature so far is actually the auto high beam. Worked really well on the country roads home in the dark, turning on and off exactly when appropriate.

Overall really happy with my choice of car. Now I just need to use it a bit more. 

2ddf3436-c72d-4684-bccd-eaad75c746d8 2.jpg

2ccf28c6-3b06-4ded-8428-0916087f0927 2.jpg

• Like 4

Well had dealer on the phone for my ST-Line X. I ordered mid Jan, promised it by End June, then brought forward to mid April and he’s now said I’ll have it by 31st March as they want to get it in for there month end target.

Said I’d rather wait till April as didn’t want to lose a months tax but he’s said it gets taxed for a year and a week! Never heard that before, can anyone confirm that. 

Going in this weekend to finalise the paperwork. Just a little excited now 😃. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club