Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Delivery Delays?

Jonson

37 minutes ago, Jeffas said:

Well had dealer on the phone for my ST-Line X. I ordered mid Jan, promised it by End June, then brought forward to mid April and he’s now said I’ll have it by 31st March as they want to get it in for there month end target.

Said I’d rather wait till April as didn’t want to lose a months tax but he’s said it gets taxed for a year and a week! Never heard that before, can anyone confirm that. 

Going in this weekend to finalise the paperwork. Just a little excited now 😃. 

I think you are in the same boat as me mate! I ordered early/mid Jan, promised end June, told it'll be here by 31st March too. No reason given why so early but have been told it will be registered this month to meet their targets so looks like my reason is the same as yours! To be honest - I'd never heard of that before either but it is exactly what I've been told too. They said that basically, I'll be driving away with a year tax to go so no complaints from me!

I'm also going in this weekend to finalise - excitement is building.

Same here, ordered in Jan, finalised my paper work and chose my plate 2 weeks ago when it was gate released, just waiting for it to turn up! Im presuming its currently sat at Dagenham

So 8 weeks for you guys. Hoping my Titanium X is more along those lines although mentally I'm still at "when it arrives it arrives"

Actually collected my ST Line X 140 today. WOW, looks awesome in Magnetic Grey which sets off the 18" rock metallic wheels. Despite the frustrating wait it was well worth it. I guarantee you will be impressed when all your cars are delivered too!

• Like 4

Went in today to sort our paperwork. Car in transit currently, should be with the dealer on Monday. Collecting on Friday! Struggling to believe that after initially thinking it’ll be May/June when I have the car i’ll have it before April. 

I just think they give customers long delivery dates to avoid delay disappointments. If customers get their cars 6 weeks or so early, it is showing Ford in a good light.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mavroz said:

I just think they give customers long delivery dates to avoid delay disappointments. If customers get their cars 6 weeks or so early, it is showing Ford in a good light.

Very true, praying thats what theyre doing for my one. Went to test drive/see a race red ST line yesterday as I hadnt seen one in the flesh. Looks so nice....

unnamed.jpg

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Iron Duke said:

Actually collected my ST Line X 140 today. WOW, looks awesome in Magnetic Grey which sets off the 18" rock metallic wheels. Despite the frustrating wait it was well worth it. I guarantee you will be impressed when all your cars are delivered too!

P1010032.JPG

InkedP1010037_LI.jpg

InkedP1010036_LI.jpg

InkedP1010035_LI.jpg

InkedP1010033_LI.jpg

P1010038.JPG

• Like 8

That looks very classy!

Called into dealer yesterday to finalise the paperwork for my ST-Line X, signed everything but the finance paperwork, as they were desperate to get the car sold in this month.

Ordered mid-jan but it's now got an ETA of the 31st march. Only problem is he said that their delivery for car for w/e the 24th hadn't arrived, anyone else heard of delays to dealer?

Fingers crossed mine comes with last weeks late cars, with this week being a short one.

Called into dealer yesterday to finalise the paperwork for my ST-Line X, signed everything but the finance paperwork, as they were desperate to get the car sold in this month.
Ordered mid-jan but it's now got an ETA of the 31st march. Only problem is he said that their delivery for car for w/e the 24th hadn't arrived, anyone else heard of delays to dealer?
Fingers crossed mine comes with last weeks late cars, with this week being a short one.
That's funny, mine had ETA week ending 31st but was somehow delivered at the end of last week. The dealer said that it seems like there have been issues with the logistics in the UK recently, so I got lucky I think. Hopefully yours will come this week!

Sadly I seem to have picked seemingly the only dealer in the UK who requires 5 working days for pre delivery inspection so I'm not picking mine up until next week..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

5 days is a long time..... Will just depend on what they have to go out etc etc i suppose.

5 days is a long time..... Will just depend on what they have to go out etc etc i suppose.
It always takes them a whole week apparently - but mine's taking longer because of the bank holiday, even though the dealer is open.. was a bit annoyed but supposedly nothing they could do to speed it up. Oh well, at least it's coming.

4 hours ago, Jeffas said:

Mine had the same, it changed to W/e 24th but has actually arrived today.

finally got given a build date today. due to be built next wednesday (4th april). how many weeks has everyones taken from their build date to delivery roughly? or how long is it roughly meant to take?

3 hours ago, jackhoppkkins said:

finally got given a build date today. due to be built next wednesday (4th april). how many weeks has everyones taken from their build date to delivery roughly? or how long is it roughly meant to take?

Mine took just over 2 weeks to get to the dealer, add on no more than a week until you collect, you’ll probably be looking at your build date + 2 and a half/ 3 weeks when you’ll be able to collect i’d say.

Mine took 5 weeks from build date to delivery to dealer, plus the week for pre delivery inspection (actually 11 days due to bank holidays)

Was this the ambient lighting being mentioned for the doors?

5D29EBE7-8B86-4E4D-9C9C-71E7626800DA.thumb.jpeg.fefb44da71f5492eb373652cf91be0c6.jpeg

There’s blue lighting in the door pockets and footwells of my mum’s Titanium. For some reason I thought the only ambient lighting available was the cup holders. 

St Line X does not have footwell lighting or door lighting.

What year/model is the titanium?

Mk7 st line has footwell lighting and ambient sub lighting but again no door lighting.

Just picked up yesterday, MK8 18 reg

Took delivery of my fiesta titanium today, absolutely love it very nice to drive going from a citroen C1, only things i dont really like is how small the wing mirrors are. and need to get used to the break is a bit softer but other than that its great.

• Like 2

does hill start assist work with auto start stop on ?

Never tried them together.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club