Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Delivery Delays?

Jonson

2 hours ago, Dan140 said:

Hi guys,

newbie here. Getting my 5 door Deep Impact Blue MK8 ST Line (140ps) delivered on Friday! Very excited. Snapped up a lease deal which had some in stock so can’t comment on any delivery delays but this seemed as good a place as any to say hi. :)

Dan

Is it the X model? If not I don't think there were delivery delays with the standard St Line as they don't have any leather trimming on seats etc.

49 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

Is it the X model? If not I don't think there were delivery delays with the standard St Line as they don't have any leather trimming on seats etc.

Yeah just standard ST line, with parking sensors optioned at request of the missus. The X looks great but as I’m coming from a 2004 Yaris T Sport even having a radio that works properly will be mind blowing! 😂

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lst said:

I don't know whether you found it yet, but in settings, 'system wifi' I turned  'Wi-Fi availability notification' to off and it stopped it searching.

syncwifi.jpg

ah thats even better thank you so much 

On 30-3-2018 at 10:57 AM, jackhoppkkins said:

Oh I see. are you enjoying it? what colour did you go for?

I love it, it feels quite a lot bigger than the previous model. And the interior has transformed to a great place to be in. Colour is Magnetic, happy with the choice. 

• Like 1

Absolutely loving my fiesta had, it since last wednesday

IMG_4987.JPG

• Like 1

Shes so pretty. I've had her for a couple of weeks now, keep forgetting to post here. It's a ST Line X 140 ps 5 door w/ B&O Play, Comfort Pack, Rear Camera and Rear Sensors on it. The B&O Speakers are ridiculously good on it.

IMG_0412.JPG

• Like 4

Picked up my Titanium in Magnetic today. Very happy to finally have it and get rid of my old banger!

For anyone checking their VIN on ETIS who ordered a car without the keyfree system, do you have it in your list of minor features?

I have both "With Keyless Start" (which I expected) and "Keyfree system" (which I did not expect) in the list on my Titanium, despite not going for the keyless entry option.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Just in case anyone has the same question in the future, my Fiesta turned out to not have keyless entry, just like I ordered. I'm kind of relieved with the current spate of keyless theft as I didn't want the faff of keeping keys somewhere RFID blocking.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

anyone know how many days each car takes to be built? is it done in a day usually or?mine is supposed to be built today 

19 minutes ago, jackhoppkkins said:

anyone know how many days each car takes to be built? is it done in a day usually or?mine is supposed to be built today 

The actual put together takes a day, 2 if you count the day for gate release.

Bit of an update on mine, was meant to be collecting last Friday but they didn’t get  the car in time. Confirmed today, car arrived at the dealer yesterday, booked in to collect Friday 100%. Been an exciting wait but looks like just got to get through tomorrow!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, DG97 said:

The actual put together takes a day, 2 if you count the day for gate release.

Bit of an update on mine, was meant to be collecting last Friday but they didn’t get  the car in time. Confirmed today, car arrived at the dealer yesterday, booked in to collect Friday 100%. Been an exciting wait but looks like just got to get through tomorrow!

thanks for that. how long after "gate release" till it starts its transit to the uk do you know?

27 minutes ago, jackhoppkkins said:

thanks for that. how long after "gate release" till it starts its transit to the uk do you know?

I suppose the transit starts the when it leaves the factory, goes to Flushing, spends a couple of days there, transported by ferry into Dagenham, transported to your dealer. I think from gate release to Flushing, it’s a pretty quick process (mine seemed to be like 2 days), probably a week and a half to get it into dagenham and loaded for transport, then as long as your dealer keeps it for their stuff like the checks etc, I would say around 2-3 weeks from build until collection. 

6 minutes ago, DG97 said:

I suppose the transit starts the when it leaves the factory, goes to Flushing, spends a couple of days there, transported by ferry into Dagenham, transported to your dealer. I think from gate release to Flushing, it’s a pretty quick process (mine seemed to be like 2 days), probably a week and a half to get it into dagenham and loaded for transport, then as long as your dealer keeps it for their stuff like the checks etc, I would say around 2-3 weeks from build until collection. 

awesome, cheers mate:)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jackhoppkkins said:

awesome, cheers mate:)

No problem, you’re on the finishing straight, car is built so the worst (i.e the wait) is behind you, just got to wait for it to be at your dealer :smile:

8 minutes ago, DG97 said:

No problem, you’re on the finishing straight, car is built so the worst (i.e the wait) is behind you, just got to wait for it to be at your dealer :smile:

yeah true, but this bit will be a long wait also, knowing the car finally exists, but being uncertain of how much longer I have to wait! arghhhh

Unfortunately for me it seems my dealer has lost interest since it was registered / taxed probably to meet March sales targets, I've received the emails and finance paper work from Ford saying they hope I'm enjoying the car, but I still don't even have a date to collect it. I'm sure it wont be long as I think it reached the dealership on Sunday but its still a bit frustrating, plus I can't get hold of anyone.

4 hours ago, JoeJelly said:

Unfortunately for me it seems my dealer has lost interest since it was registered / taxed probably to meet March sales targets, I've received the emails and finance paper work from Ford saying they hope I'm enjoying the car, but I still don't even have a date to collect it. I'm sure it wont be long as I think it reached the dealership on Sunday but its still a bit frustrating, plus I can't get hold of anyone.

Just keep ringing, you’re paying them money so they have to look after your order from start to finish. Reached dealer on Sunday? Didn’t think dealers or deliveries would be out and about on Easter Sunday. Either way, whenever it gets there, i’d expect to collect within no more than 5 days, closer to 3-4. 

Had my ST Line X 140 for nearly two weeks now. Cannot wait to push the start button everyday! Road holding superb as you can really throw it into corners. Engine noise in the cabin is awesome as it sounds like a 3 cylinder V8! Build quality is superb and love all the electric gizmos, etc. Well pleased with the colour choice of Magnetic Grey as well. Had several new Fords but this is the best yet!   

P1010032.thumb.JPG.159e192455cbac0613600cde08d03165.JPG

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Iron Duke said:

Had my ST Line X 140 for nearly two weeks now. Cannot wait to push the start button everyday! Road holding superb as you can really throw it into corners. Engine noise in the cabin is awesome as it sounds like a 3 cylinder V8! Build quality is superb and love all the electric gizmos, etc. Well pleased with the colour choice of Magnetic Grey as well. Had several new Fords but this is the best yet!   

P1010032.thumb.JPG.159e192455cbac0613600cde08d03165.JPG

Ha ha, I know what you mean about the engine note, a surprisingly "big" sound for such a small engine, and very addictive. Looking forward to hearing what the ST sounds like when it finally appears!

16 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Ha ha, I know what you mean about the engine note, a surprisingly "big" sound for such a small engine, and very addictive. Looking forward to hearing what the ST sounds like when it finally appears!

I must have bad hearing as I think the noise is very tinny and revvy especially up into 3rd gear. As in no depth to the noise.

2 hours ago, Mavroz said:

I must have bad hearing as I think the noise is very tinny and revvy especially up into 3rd gear. As in no depth to the noise.

Hmm..... as I reported in my first post in the "Early Impressions" thread, mine has sounded good to me from the off. Maybe I've  got bad hearing!

Just delivered! Looks really really nice in the flesh, the blue really pops in the lovely sunshine we've got in London today as well!

Haven't been for a drive yet but initial impressions are the interior is generally really good quality, steering wheel is lovely, and seats are excellent. Will report more when I've stretched her legs this weekend!

Oh and the pedals seem really well spaced for some heel/toe action (nice after my last car which required some extreme pivoting!). :biggrin:

5ac77bb963c5f_Fiesta1_LI.thumb.jpg.690c8352ba5958adeee2c5e987f000df.jpg

• Like 2

Picked up my Blue ST-Line X earlier, got to say, it's a fantastic little car. Not really pushed the engine (for obvious reasons) yet but general ride is good (a little firm but not unbearable). The Adaptive Cruise is such a great thing to have, definitely worth the money. And the B&O Play sound... it's as good as I expected. Clear and crisp and no distortion at higher volume. One hell of a car overall so far!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DG97 said:

Picked up my Blue ST-Line X earlier, got to say, it's a fantastic little car. Not really pushed the engine (for obvious reasons) yet but general ride is good (a little firm but not unbearable). The Adaptive Cruise is such a great thing to have, definitely worth the money. And the B&O Play sound... it's as good as I expected. Clear and crisp and no distortion at higher volume. One hell of a car overall so far!

Today is the day for the Blues clearly! I took mine for a little spin earlier, gave the engine a little prod up to 3000rpm and it certainly makes a nice growl. Going for a long drive tomorrow, going to be hard to resist winding it out! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dan140 said:

Today is the day for the Blues clearly! I took mine for a little spin earlier, gave the engine a little prod up to 3000rpm and it certainly makes a nice growl. Going for a long drive tomorrow, going to be hard to resist winding it out! 

Haha, it sure does! Same here, trying to stick to 3000rpm but when you feel the turbo starting to kick in, it's so hard to resit just flooring it :laugh:

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club