Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Delivery Delays?

Jonson

When I was collecting on Friday, the dealer told me that he had a guy order an ST Line X about a week or two after mine (it was early January when I ordered), I got mine Friday, he was getting his at the end of this month. So January orders look like around 3-4 months. It'd be interesting to see someone with a February/ early March order to see what their time is looking like. 

Have ordered mine (titanium x) on 19th Feb but have heard nothing yet. Will post when I do.

On 06/04/2018 at 10:54 AM, DG97 said:

Picked up my Blue ST-Line X earlier, got to say, it's a fantastic little car. Not really pushed the engine (for obvious reasons) yet but general ride is good (a little firm but not unbearable). The Adaptive Cruise is such a great thing to have, definitely worth the money. And the B&O Play sound... it's as good as I expected. Clear and crisp and no distortion at higher volume. One hell of a car overall so far!

Hmmm not sure if it’s the set up on my b&o but seems to lack bass. 

10 minutes ago, Jeffas said:

Hmmm not sure if it’s the set up on my b&o but seems to lack bass. 

Possibly a silly question but have you tuned the bass in the settings? 

my ST Line X was built last week (wednesday), and is awaiting shipment to the UK, yet my leasing company has said the dealer expects it will arrive to them on 19th May?? that’s over a month from now? does that seem realistic cos that seems like a very long time:////

It’s a long time, but, to be honest, with what I had with mine and what I’ve seen with others, you may be waiting till then to be honest or maybe a week earlier at best. Suppose the wait time between built and collection is slightly too long imo. 

4 hours ago, jackhoppkkins said:

my ST Line X was built last week (wednesday), and is awaiting shipment to the UK, yet my leasing company has said the dealer expects it will arrive to them on 19th May?? that’s over a month from now? does that seem realistic cos that seems like a very long time:////

When did you order?

6 minutes ago, Gigabit said:

When did you order?

21st November..

On 08/04/2018 at 7:05 PM, DG97 said:

When I was collecting on Friday, the dealer told me that he had a guy order an ST Line X about a week or two after mine (it was early January when I ordered), I got mine Friday, he was getting his at the end of this month. So January orders look like around 3-4 months. It'd be interesting to see someone with a February/ early March order to see what their time is looking like. 

Hi, I ordered my ST Line X on the 12th of Feb. Dealer says it has a build date Fri 13th (unlucky for some..) of April and expecting to see it second week of May.. Taking it with a pinch of salt though..

On 01/11/2017 at 1:37 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Spotted an ST Line (not X) 125ps in a dealer so they're obviously  coming through. Given the upcoming ST is getting a 1.5 triple, I can't see Ford introducing a new engine just for one model, so started wondering if the 140ps 1.0 might be dropped and replaced with a 1.5 in a lower state of tune. Just a thought!

Just reading that the new Focus comes with the 1.5 triple in 150 and 180ps versions. Got me wondering again about the future of the 140ps 1.0. A 150ps ST-Line would be a more interesting alternative to the 150ps fours in the Polo and Ibiza.

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Just reading that the new Focus comes with the 1.5 triple in 150 and 180ps versions. Got me wondering again about the future of the 140ps 1.0. A 150ps ST-Line would be a more interesting alternative to the 150ps fours in the Polo and Ibiza.

I think the 1.0 140 is Ford's baby for the Fiesta, I think offering the 150ps in both the Fiesta and Focus could drive people more towards the Fiesta, dropping sales on the Focus so I think the 1.0 140 still has life left in it for the Fiesta. Although, you can never be too sure...

Talking about the new Focus, it was something I'd had a brief thought about possibly waiting for but on the outside, I actually prefer the Fiesta and on the inside, they're fairly similar (if not basically identical give or take a couple of minor differences), I was never a fan of making different models look "related" and I think if I was judging the looks alone and if the new Focus was available, I'd have gone for the Fiesta 100%.

I dont know any actual details or specs but id presume the 1.0 at 140ps is smaller, lighter and better suited for the Fiesta rather than a heavier 1.5 for the sake of 10ps?

17 minutes ago, JoeJelly said:

I dont know any actual details or specs but id presume the 1.0 at 140ps is smaller, lighter and better suited for the Fiesta rather than a heavier 1.5 for the sake of 10ps?

Good point. 

Also I think the 1.5 triple in the new focus is a detuned version of the one found in the forthcoming Fiesta ST. This is me speculating due to the fact it has cylinder deactivation.

I am impressed by the new Focus. Will have to drive really well and be attractive PCP wise for me to consider it in 2 years. Otherwise it will be a Fiesta ST for me 😁

45 minutes ago, JoeJelly said:

Not sure on this either, but I seem to recall reading that the 1.0 was not particularly light when it first came out. (According to Wikipedia the 1.0 is 213lbs, the 1.6 4cyl 251lbs, so I would guess the 1.5 triple is not much more than the 1.0.)

Agree 10ps is not a lot, but there may be a greater advantage in torque which is where the 1.0 Ecoboost loses out somewhat to the VW Group 1.5, which has around 184lbs/ft from memory. 

All speculation on my part for now, but wouldn't be surprised to see it come minor facelift time.

Does anyone know if the cruise control can be set to adjust the speed limit based on signs?

anyone with a May delivery date got any form of update on the whereabouts of their vehicle?

No not yet. Haven't had a call to sign any paperwork yet either 

19 hours ago, Gigabit said:

Does anyone know if the cruise control can be set to adjust the speed limit based on signs?

No - you have to manually set a limit

18 hours ago, Tiexen said:

No - you have to manually set a limit

Ah that's annoying, wonder why Ford don't support this feature when their other cars do

Just had an email through from my dealer. 

Said building is accelerated and mine is is expected to be built within the next couple of weeks for hopefully a June collection. 

Only ordered on the 20th March. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gigabit said:

@jackhoppkkins Have you received your car yet?

I havnet no. got in contact with my leasing company again today to see if there were any update on its whereabouts or delivery date. all they said was that the dealer still anticipated it to arrive at the dealer on the 19th may. very annoying, dont see how it can take over a month (built on the 4th april) to be shipped...

Maybe waiting for a full shipment before sending them or something along those lines. It will arrive soon enough.....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club