Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Delivery Delays?

Jonson

6 hours ago, jakephillips05 said:

ah right okay thank you for that. so is halford coolent okay to put in or can i not mix what ford put in with another brand ?

You can mix brands as long as it is essentially the same product. I can find out the product that Ford use and you’ll be able to check against what Halfords have. I don’t recommend mixing 2 different products though.

5 hours ago, DG97 said:

You can mix brands as long as it is essentially the same product. I can find out the product that Ford use and you’ll be able to check against what Halfords have. I don’t recommend mixing 2 different products though.

okay if ya can find out thats great. this is the name of halford one if it helps Halfords OAT Ready Mixed Antifreeze 2 Litres

On 5/10/2018 at 12:29 PM, Gigabit said:

My Titanium X is in Flushing now - any idea on an ETA to the south of the UK?

Is this paint protection stuff worth looking into?

I got given a delivery date to me by my leasing company of 31st of May/1st of June dependent on the delivery company availability/weather the car definietly gets delivered to the dealer on the 26th. things are starting to look up and the car must be on the ship to the uk i wouldve thought/hoped. have you heard anything on yours?

21 hours ago, jakephillips05 said:

okay if ya can find out thats great. this is the name of halford one if it helps Halfords OAT Ready Mixed Antifreeze 2 Litres

The exact antifreeze you’re after is this...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00ABK2LMO/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1526491539&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=ford+antifreeze&dpPl=1&dpID=31gSIdDY7wL&ref=plSrch

not saying that this is the ultimate one but it’s what will be in the car now and is what I used. Not sure about the Halfords one to be honest. I believe that a mixture of certain coolants can cause a gel like substance to form and cause engine damage. Not 100% sure on which combination would cause that but I suppose it’s best to err on the side of caution.

1 hour ago, jackhoppkkins said:

I got given a delivery date to me by my leasing company of 31st of May/1st of June dependent on the delivery company availability/weather the car definietly gets delivered to the dealer on the 26th. things are starting to look up and the car must be on the ship to the uk i wouldve thought/hoped. have you heard anything on yours?

I have been told this week that my titanium  x 125 is in the country and I can take  delivery  on 29th (Ordered  19th February)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Funkywill58 said:

I have been told this week that my titanium  x 125 is in the country and I can take  delivery  on 29th (Ordered  19th February)

where in the country is ur dealership located? when was it built?

46 minutes ago, DG97 said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00ABK2LMO/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1526491539&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=ford+antifreeze&dpPl=1&dpID=31gSIdDY7wL&ref=plSrch

not saying that this is the ultimate one but it’s what will be in the car now and is what I used. Not sure about the Halfords one to be honest. I believe that a mixture of certain coolants can cause a gel like substance to form and cause engine damage. Not 100% sure on which combination would cause that but I suppose it’s best to err on the side of caution.

thanks for the help 

11 hours ago, jackhoppkkins said:

where in the country is ur dealership located? when was it built?

Don't know  build date. Dealer is in midlands

4 hours ago, Funkywill58 said:

Don't know  build date. Dealer is in midlands

IF you got your VIN number it will tell you build date on ETIS 

18 hours ago, DG97 said:

does that need filling up ?

IMG_5187.jpg

39 minutes ago, jakephillips05 said:

does that need filling up ?

IMG_5187.jpg

That’s the coolant reservoir, yes that’s just on the Minimum so it’d a good idea to top up to the max line you can see (not to the brim). Make sure your engine is cold before you open the reservoir, bit of a pressure risk of it going everywhere if you open when warm. 

54 minutes ago, DG97 said:

That’s the coolant reservoir, yes that’s just on the Minimum so it’d a good idea to top up to the max line you can see (not to the brim). Make sure your engine is cold before you open the reservoir, bit of a pressure risk of it going everywhere if you open when warm. 

okay thanks 

mine (which was currently due for delivery to me next week between 31st of May and 1st of June), has been pushed back even more to arrive at the dealer on the 9th of June..... turning into a micky take now

On 5/10/2018 at 12:29 PM, Gigabit said:

My Titanium X is in Flushing now - any idea on an ETA to the south of the UK?

Is this paint protection stuff worth looking into?

have you had any update on yours?

mine (which was currently due for delivery to me next week between 31st of May and 1st of June), has been pushed back even more to arrive at the dealer on the 9th of June..... turning into a micky take now

Sorry the hear that mate, did they give you a reason? Or is it the typical backlog rubbish?

• Like 1

Didn't think there were still major backlog issues? Guy at work ordered an st line x with panoramic roof beginning of March and has had it probably 2 weeks by the end of this week now I reckon.

No updates on mine yet, still awaiting shipping the last time I heard. 

1 hour ago, DG97 said:

Sorry the hear that mate, did they give you a reason? Or is it the typical backlog rubbish?

yeah supposedly mate. "the vehicle has now landed at a UK Compound, however again due to the sheer volume of vehicles to be transported to their retrospective dealers, your supplying dealer is not expecting it to be with them until the 9th June." I thought the backog issues would have been sorted by now too 

26 minutes ago, jackhoppkkins said:

yeah supposedly mate. "the vehicle has now landed at a UK Compound, however again due to the sheer volume of vehicles to be transported to their retrospective dealers, your supplying dealer is not expecting it to be with them until the 9th June." I thought the backog issues would have been sorted by now too 

Ordered  my titanium x on 19th February  and it is getting delivered to me next Tuesday 

Hmm... i'm not sure how much chasing you can do on that but if the car has been in the compound for a while, i'd be asking questions as I can understand a delay of a couple of days but that is a very long delay and given how popular Fords are in the UK, I would have thought their network would be able to cope even with "sheer volumes"

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DG97 said:

Hmm... i'm not sure how much chasing you can do on that but if the car has been in the compound for a while, i'd be asking questions as I can understand a delay of a couple of days but that is a very long delay and given how popular Fords are in the UK, I would have thought their network would be able to cope even with "sheer volumes"

Only got that email yesterday and supposedly she has been "hounding the dealership for daily updates" so must have only recently in the last day or two arrived in the uk compound. You would think they could cope and I hope and pray that they will and it gets on its way to the dealer asap. its going to have been a 7 month wait by the time I get it, and thats as bad as the people who ordered back in summer last year who had the brunt of all the delays. I ordered in november so should have had a quicker process as they have been sorting themselves out in cologne...we will see how much longer this takes

3 hours ago, jackhoppkkins said:

Only got that email yesterday and supposedly she has been "hounding the dealership for daily updates" so must have only recently in the last day or two arrived in the uk compound. You would think they could cope and I hope and pray that they will and it gets on its way to the dealer asap. its going to have been a 7 month wait by the time I get it, and thats as bad as the people who ordered back in summer last year who had the brunt of all the delays. I ordered in november so should have had a quicker process as they have been sorting themselves out in cologne...we will see how much longer this takes

I do really feel sorry for you to be honest, can't think of many things worst than having it pushed back all the time (although that's such a first world problem lol), 7 months in my opinion is crazy for a Fiesta. I'd expect to wait that on a high spec rare Lexus or something but not on a car that's the most popular thing in the uk haha. i ordered in January and collected April which I think shows how much of a mess they made with yours. Although it'd be interesting to see if your supplying dealer is small or not that important to Ford. I ordered from one of the biggest ones in the Midlands and I know they shift the things like hot cakes, so I think they're high up on Ford's priority list if one truly exists. 

1 hour ago, DG97 said:

I do really feel sorry for you to be honest, can't think of many things worst than having it pushed back all the time (although that's such a first world problem lol), 7 months in my opinion is crazy for a Fiesta. I'd expect to wait that on a high spec rare Lexus or something but not on a car that's the most popular thing in the uk haha. i ordered in January and collected April which I think shows how much of a mess they made with yours. Although it'd be interesting to see if your supplying dealer is small or not that important to Ford. I ordered from one of the biggest ones in the Midlands and I know they shift the things like hot cakes, so I think they're high up on Ford's priority list if one truly exists. 

yeah it is the most frustrating thing. especially when I have someone who is on hold to buying my car for the last 6 months and I have to keep postponing them. Its so frustrating getting to the week before my collection date then getting an email saying its been pushed back again, the last couple of times I have literally nearly smashed my phone ahah. 

Itd be interesting to know about how big or small the dealer is. unfortunatley due to mine being a lease, the leasing company arnt allowed to give me the dealers details so I wont know. its a micky take how some cars get prioritised, particuarly when theres people like me who have been waiting half a year... 

how are you enjoying your one? remind me of your spec, colour and options?

• Like 1

Picking mine up on the 7th June!

32 minutes ago, Gigabit said:

Picking mine up on the 7th June!

has yours arrived at your dealer?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club