Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Delivery Delays?

Jonson

3 minutes ago, Gigabit said:

Isn't it a week from when it arrives at the dealer for an inspection?

yeah something like that. they’ve said that delivery to me will be 15th june onwards if it definitely lands at the dealer this week, but it depends on the dealer for delivery day, as it’s coming from up north somewhere and me and my leasing company are based in east sussex. so just praying i get it next friday..

The dealer where we collected our car from would have turned the car around in 2 days if we had needed it but they had 4 as we couldn't collect until the Saturday.

I guess the extra hassle is going through a 3rd party leasing company. Seems a lot quicker dealing with the dealership direct. Didn't you consider leasing directly through the dealership instead of using a middle man lease company?

30 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

I guess the extra hassle is going through a 3rd party leasing company. Seems a lot quicker dealing with the dealership direct. Didn't you consider leasing directly through the dealership instead of using a middle man lease company?

yeah i went in and got my different quotes, but the leasing company im dealing with now gave me the best prices. It is also one of my best mates dads business. I dont think it would have made too much difference, at the end of the day, it is still just an order through a dealer, it is just annoying the fact that I cant talk to the dealer directly to express my frustration and get something done abbout it

does anyone know what the liverpool vehicle holding compound is or how long the cars are stored there? I assume its just a compound in which the cars are stored at before being transferred to the dealers?

Don't know how long they can store them there but ours went from Dagenham to Liverpool by train and then from Liverpool to the dealership by transporter in less than 5 days if I remember right.

I guess it depends on how long it takes to fill a transporter that will go to various areas as I don't think they will send a transporter somewhere with just one or two cars on it, they will want it filling for drops en-route at least I would have thought.

1 hour ago, Mavroz said:

Don't know how long they can store them there but ours went from Dagenham to Liverpool by train and then from Liverpool to the dealership by transporter in less than 5 days if I remember right.

I guess it depends on how long it takes to fill a transporter that will go to various areas as I don't think they will send a transporter somewhere with just one or two cars on it, they will want it filling for drops en-route at least I would have thought.

yeah that’s understandable. ah well, at least 5 days is promising. got my fingers crossed that it arrives a little earlier than saturday 

Got my Titanium X and well, beautiful! Think I chose well with the Titanium paint!

IMG_0014.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gigabit said:

Got my Titanium X and well, beautiful! Think I chose well with the Titanium paint!

IMG_0014.png

just me whos left waiting then lol

2 hours ago, Gigabit said:

IMG_0014.png

full led headlights look very nice can ya upload some pictures of them in the dark ?

16 minutes ago, jackhoppkkins said:

just me whos left waiting then lol

I still don't have mine yet, although I know I ordered later.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I still don't have mine yet, although I know I ordered later.

when did you order yours? and what spec?

Just now, jackhoppkkins said:

when did you order yours? and what spec?

28th April. ST-3.

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

28th April. ST-3.

oh you've gone for an ST. nice, what colour? had any news on an estimated delivery or build date yet?

3 minutes ago, jackhoppkkins said:

oh you've gone for an ST. nice, what colour? had any news on an estimated delivery or build date yet?

It was built 29th May, with an original ETA of 23rd June, but all STs are being held at the factory and not released for transport till they replace some sub standard part so I've read. 

No idea when it will be now, need to wait for factory to release it 

Oh and I ordered it in white.

• Like 1

nice, hopefully they'll get it out soon as no doubt demands for the new ST are quite high too, so they will want to get em out asap

Will get some photos of the headlights as requested.

Driving it relatively "carefully" with eco on, says I'm getting around 45MPG at the moment. Hoping that goes up a bit more as it has been climbing (started at around 30).

How do I activate the eco award thing I keep hearing about? I was going through the settings and one of the safety features was set to left hand traffic so I set that to right hand - assuming that was the right thing to do?

The only issue I'm having is what seems to be a delay between the car starting and the USB ports getting power. It can be a solid 30 seconds to a minute before they start working. Could be a defective cable mind.

On the Mrs car there is a button near the gearstick to turn the Eco Mode on and off. The Usb initialises straight away, that is connecting an iPhone.

5 hours ago, Mavroz said:

On the Mrs car there is a button near the gearstick to turn the Eco Mode on and off. The Usb initialises straight away, that is connecting an iPhone.

Yeah I know, I turned it on. Do you think that is causing the USB power delay? Might make sense thinking about it.  

Never tried. Can't say.

My car arrived at the dealer today!! FINALLY. 😁 delivery to me on the 19th, another week and a bit to go 🙄

1 hour ago, jackhoppkkins said:

My car arrived at the dealer today!! FINALLY. 😁 delivery to me on the 19th, another week and a bit to go 🙄

Thats a long while at dealer before its ready

14 minutes ago, Mikey22 said:

Thats a long while at dealer before its ready

I live in the south and its coming from somewhere near sheffield, so it is due to delivery availability i think

5 minutes ago, jackhoppkkins said:

I live in the south and its coming from somewhere near sheffield, so it is due to delivery availability i think

Ok, mine arrived at dealer on a tuesday & was ready for collection on thursday but I couldnt pick it up till the saturday.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club