Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Delivery Delays?

Jonson

19 minutes ago, Mikey22 said:

Ok, mine arrived at dealer on a tuesday & was ready for collection on thursday but I couldnt pick it up till the saturday.

yeah, originally it was meant to arrive tomorrow, and if it definitley did, then they said the earliest day of delivery to me would be the 15th. but they must have been booked up with deliveries since they said that.

How do I get the eco rating thing to show up? The feature that rates your driving?

MPG up to almost 50 which is good and still climbing. The Adaptive Cruise Control is just amazing.

Assume you are referring to the system which displayed a full set of petals etc if it thought you were driving economically?  As far as I'm aware the Mk 8 doesn't have this, only the Eco button which (in my car at least) makes the throttle very unresponsive. 

If you're already getting 50-ish from a car which is still running-in, I'd say you don't really need systems or buttons to tell you if you are driving economically anyway!😀

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Assume you are referring to the system which displayed a full set of petals etc if it thought you were driving economically?  As far as I'm aware the Mk 8 doesn't have this, only the Eco button which (in my car at least) makes the throttle very unresponsive. 

If you're already getting 50-ish from a car which is still running-in, I'd say you don't really need systems or buttons to tell you if you are driving economically anyway!😀

The manual mentions "Eco Coach"? But it's not anywhere to be found on mine!

Think I might have an issue with the USB ports though. When the car turns on, even if no device is plugged in, the Sync 3 system says "USB error".

hello wonder if anyone can help me again ! had my fiesta since march 28th and this is the second time i have had to top up the engine coolent. is this normal ? 

2 hours ago, jakephillips05 said:

hello wonder if anyone can help me again ! had my fiesta since march 28th and this is the second time i have had to top up the engine coolent. is this normal ? 

Got my ST line x in April & not had to top anything up, to be honest I would say thats not right.

3 hours ago, Mikey22 said:

Got my ST line x in April & not had to top anything up, to be honest I would say thats not right.

+1. Given the known coolant issues I'd be inclined to get that checked out for peace of mind. My dealer does a complimentary check at 1500 miles which I had last month and interestingly the service advisor mentioned that they particularly check all fluid levels at that point.

16 hours ago, Mikey22 said:

right okay i will have to take it to my dealer to see have a few other problems with it aswell 

I will try without the Eco button pressed to see if this is causing my delayed USB power issue. It just seems too regular to me to be a fault somehow.

1 hour ago, Gigabit said:

Eco button was causing the issue.

weird id get that looked at as i have eco mode on and have no problems 

It's not enough of an issue for me to care about

The manual does literally say "You can use the USB port to charge a device only when the engine is running."

10 hours ago, Gigabit said:

The manual does literally say "You can use the USB port to charge a device only when the engine is running."

oh really mine starts charging mine even before i turn on the engine 

My manual (hard copy that came with the car) says the same as @Gigabit's, but like @jakephillips05 both my usb ports are live as soon as I unlock the car and will play music from a stick or charge a phone without the engine running or even switching on the ignition.

Beginning to think Ford manuals should be nominated for a Booker prize for fiction..........

Same here. Both active.

Don’t get me wrong, in my car the USBs work without the engine and ignition on as well. I was simply saying the manual doesn’t say it should work so I can’t complain if it doesn’t. 

As I said, without the Eco button the ports always work and with the Eco button they don’t work for a few minutes and then they power on. They’ll then work without the ignition on as above. Usually when the car is left overnight the behaviour repeats. They work straight away if you leave the car a few hours, for example.

It makes sense it is a power-saving feature and it may also be because it detects the battery running down. 

Doesnt seem untoward to me and in fact seems quite sensible. 

How do you all find the wipers? Mine seem to smear quite a lot.

Can absolutely confirm on my Titanium X Eco Mode disables the USB ports for a few minutes after a cold start in the morning. Disabling the feature stops this happening, so it must be a power saving feature.

But I am curious nobody else experiences it?

I Clean our screens with glass cleaner and give the Wiper Blades a wipe over regularly.

No issues here if both are cleaned.

Never noticed the usb ports powering off with eco mode on to be honest.

mine arrived to my doorstep at 6:50am this morning. very happy, worth the wait

0D834D98-B3B9-41CA-8BDD-87A77EA23A14.jpeg

6AA0BFDD-DA59-496F-8B7F-DA157F93F1DC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice to see you've got it at last!

I've asked my dealer to look into the USB issue. As I say it is bizarre if nobody else gets it and I only get it on Eco.

17 hours ago, Mavroz said:

I Clean our screens with glass cleaner and give the wiper blades a wipe over regularly.

No issues here if both are cleaned.

Never noticed the usb ports powering off with eco mode on to be honest.

Powering off? What do you mean? I'm lost - that sounds like a different issue. Mine is after leaving the car say over night, it takes a minute or two for the USB ports to power on, if Eco mode is turned on from the night before. No Eco mode, no issue.

Anyone know how to/if you can turn up the brightness of the dashboard dials/led central screen behind the wheel. my touchscreen is fine, but the dash dials and screen seem a bit dark

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club