Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Delivery Delays?

Jonson

I ordered a Fiesta Vignale (all extras except 18" alloys and CD player), 4th August 2017, first build date was cancelled (22 September). In December was given a new build date of 21st December. Dealer phoned on 2nd January to say the car is built and awaiting shipping.
On the on 8th January I got a phone call from my dealer saying a car transporter has just arrived and my car is on it! Will be picking it up on Thursday, all being well.

14 hours ago, lst said:

I ordered a Fiesta Vignale (all extras except 18" alloys and CD player), 4th August 2017, first build date was cancelled (22 September). In December was given a new build date of 21st December. Dealer phoned on 2nd January to say the car is built and awaiting shipping.
On the on 8th January I got a phone call from my dealer saying a car transporter has just arrived and my car is on it! Will be picking it up on Thursday, all being well.

Was the Vignalle affected by the whole leather fiasco scenario?

11 hours ago, jackhoppkkins said:

Was the Vignalle affected by the whole leather fiasco scenario?

Yes, unfortunately it was. It has full leather seats etc.

It was after the original build date had passed and I went to my dealer to see what was going on, and both the Vignale's that he had sold until then, simply vanished off the system with no explanation. I came here and found out the reasons.

13 hours ago, lst said:

Yes, unfortunately it was. It has full leather seats etc.

It was after the original build date had passed and I went to my dealer to see what was going on, and both the Vignale's that he had sold until then, simply vanished off the system with no explanation. I came here and found out the reasons.

that's *****. at least you get to collect it today though, hope it is great!

Ok, brief update... 

Due to the loan St line we have,having a internal heater blower issue (It no longer works at all on cold or hot, nothing)

We had to contact the dealership who are taking it in tomorrow to see if it is a quick fix or they will swap the car over, whilst on with them they have hinted that the Mrs new St Line X does not look like it will be delivered on the 27th Jan, they are now proposing it will be on an 18 plate as they estimate a later revised delivery !!!!!!

The saga continues.

Likewise with the saga...

Having been told production was planned for 02.01.18 my next email update was received on 08.01.18 saying that production was now 12.01.18 - not even an apology that the update was being given days AFTER the supposed production date. As the 12th has now also passed by I am awaiting my next production date, but as you say, unless it gets made in the next few weeks we are probably looking at March delivery.

I'm thinking of ordering either the Titanium X   or St Line X.    Where are the best deals?

Thanks, Steve

Plenty of good deals, sales are very slow throughout the country at the moment.

If you order either of those vehicles be prepared for a lengthy wait. :ohmy:

23 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Plenty of good deals, sales are very slow throughout the country at the moment.

If you order either of those vehicles be prepared for a lengthy wait. :ohmy:

Please can you point me towards these deals? All I can find is ~1500 dealer discount plus the scrappage scheme.

Yes, look around the Dealerships, then as we did, there is haggling and negotiating on the final price.

We did the same for my 17 plate and the Mrs "future", when it is delivered St line X and we feel it worked out very nicely for us.

Until you go to the Dealership, sit down with them, talk deposits or trade ins and haggle with prices then you will never know what they are actually offering.

I have never found published "deals" or "discounts" making up a great deal until you are face to face with a salesman / lady.

Ps. You can always try something like Carwow and see what figures are being banded around before approaching a dealership.

Best offer I've had on car wow is 12% off the list price so that will be my starting point when going to the dealer.

Really saddened to read the delays on this thread though, I was going to pop to a dealer next week with the intention of ordering an St Line X, but I'm having second thoughts now. 

I think it says it all that there (when I looked yesterday) are none of these 3 doors at all on autotrader, and I'm yet to see one on the road. 

Yeah unfortunate with the delays but hopefully the wait will be worthwhile.

Have been in the new shape at the dealership but it wasn't the St Line, so not from and extras on it.

I Have seen the new ST Line on the road (well on B&Q car park) but obviously it wasn't the X with the leather trimmed seating and other goodies.

On 16/01/2018 at 8:10 PM, Matt12341234 said:

Best offer I've had on car wow is 12% off the list price so that will be my starting point when going to the dealer.

Really saddened to read the delays on this thread though, I was going to pop to a dealer next week with the intention of ordering an St Line X, but I'm having second thoughts now. 

I think it says it all that there (when I looked yesterday) are none of these 3 doors at all on autotrader, and I'm yet to see one on the road. 

I've just put in my order for an St Line X 140ps today. Got quite a few options on it so it'll be interesting to see how long it takes.

I work in the dealership though so it's easier for me to check.

when somebody receives their st line X model, please post some images on the thread. would love to see some photos of an x model. I know it wont look that much different but im just intrigued at looking at st line images, considering there still arnt that many photos about online yet due to the limited supply.

Ordered my st line x with lots of extras on August 2nd 2017 - now showing built and shipped so hoping to see it in a couple of weeks !!

Colour red 140 ps with rear sensors and panoramic roof plus red pack part leather interior. It is a 5 door to accommodate grandkids

On 07/11/2017 at 1:16 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

The way things seem to be going, it looks as if I may be looking at an 18 plate anyway!

Today have been advised of a scheduled build date - 30 Jan - so should be on target for that 18 plate!

Anyone who ordered in November time been given a date yet? No build date here get good to see some people’s arriving now!

Hi, been following this thread for a while and thought I’d join in. I ordered mine mid December, and last time I checked with the dealer it was still down as “confirmed” (there were some other codes I’m unfamiliar with.)

Went for a grey ST-Line X 140PS with camera/sensors, door edge protectors, comfort pack, driver assistance pack and B&O Speakers.

On the order form the dealer went with a worst case of June. Is there a system to check progress or do people keep checking with the dealers?

Thanks.

On 1/19/2018 at 3:25 PM, Ian carr said:

Colour red 140 ps with rear sensors and panoramic roof plus red pack part leather interior. It is a 5 door to accommodate grandkids

Very close to my spec - would very much appreciate pics/opinions if possible when you get it.

On 1/19/2018 at 11:22 PM, simps100 said:

Anyone who ordered in November time been given a date yet? No build date here get good to see some people’s arriving now!

5 hours ago, T_H said:

On the order form the dealer went with a worst case of June. Is there a system to check progress or do people keep checking with the dealers?

Orders contracted in November/December will start being built in April is the latest update I have from Ford. Every day I come into work I'm checking the status of our dealerships cars.