Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How do you disable bluetooth?

Lee James

I've always driven Ford cars and been very happy with them. However I have just bought a 2007 Fusion and found out that it has bluetooth! I do not want bluetooth! I would not go anywhere near a mobile phone or anything which floods my body with microwaves. The manual doesn't say how to turn off bluetooth!? Please can someone tell me how to turn it off? I'm going to have to sell the car if I can't, which is such a shame. I signed up here just to ask this question. How can this not be in the manual?

Probably a function in the radios menu. There again if you do not have a mobile phone then it will not it will not be used.

7 hours ago, Lee James said:

I do not want bluetooth! I would not go anywhere near a mobile phone or anything which floods my body with microwaves.

It's unlikely to be sending any significant amount / any at all if you have not paired a phone to the system. The 2.4ghz band is used for a lot of different applications today, you are likely unintentionally walking past numerous sources every day (any wireless router/hotspots!).

• Like 1

Short of moving to the top of Mt Everest you will never totally avoid microwave energy.
The world is flooded with radio waves that may cause harm but tbh bluetooth signals are so weak and have such a short wavelength they are extremely unlikely to cause harm even with prolonged exposure.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Simple way to deactivate the bluetooth on your car- disconnect the loom to the module.
There is no menu options to do so.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On 10/25/2017 at 11:57 PM, Micro said:

The 2.4ghz band is used for a lot of different applications today, you are likely unintentionally walking past numerous sources every day (any wireless router/hotspots!).

Sure, but there's a big difference between briefly walking past a few wireless routers that are many meters away, and sitting for hours with the source of radiation just a few inches away from your body.

On 10/26/2017 at 10:19 AM, Stoney871 said:

Short of moving to the top of Mt Everest you will never totally avoid microwave energy.
The world is flooded with radio waves that may cause harm but tbh bluetooth signals are so weak and have such a short wavelength they are extremely unlikely to cause harm even with prolonged exposure.

It is a matter of proximity and duration. The closer you are to a radio transmitter, the more it's going to affect you, thus regulations are based on proximity and duration. We are told not to use a mobile phone for more than a few minutes, because of the health risks, and children should not use them except in emergencies. As for me, I am highly sensitive to electrical devices and fields - I can't even touch a mobile phone without it burning my hand. There are many electrical devices I cannot use. Obviously I can't help what my neighbours do, but I don't want to introduce wireless devices to my home or car.

On 10/26/2017 at 10:23 AM, Stoney871 said:

Simple way to deactivate the bluetooth on your car- disconnect the loom to the module.
There is no menu options to do so.

OK thanks for that. This is not something I can do but maybe a mechanic can do it for me.

I can understand and sympathise with you having a sensitivity to microwaves, I work with a mobile phone based radio strapped to my chest all the time and my work car radio unit & ANPR terminal also pump out signals at the same frequency.

We are fully warned of potential RF hazards and Female Officers are even advised to avoit wearing bra's with metal underwiring due to possible risks.

I really do reckon your only option is to have the bluetooth module unplugged.

It's fitted above the glovebox liner and the cable just unclips and pulls out.

Im not sure if it is the same in the fusion as the fiesta but you should be able to turn it off in the phone menu.

If I press ok on this option, it goes off I assume.

20171028_232243.thumb.jpg.aaf26b33d26ddc7cfd6d72cfac44fcc1.jpg

If not it is very easy to unplug the module, again assuming it's the same as the Fiesta, here is a video.

Just do what he does in the video but leave it unplugged instead.

The 07 fusion uses the older 6000 type radio so no seperate screen or menu.

My mother has a Fusion so i know this.

Definitely best option is to unplug at the module.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club