Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofitting auto wipers on mk7.5 shows error message on screen

giwrgos_ath

Hi all,

A friend of mine recently bought a 2014 mk7.5 fiesta that was meant to be style, but came with start&stop, hill start assist and bluetooth which are usually not seen on style.

The car came with footwell light wiring (no bulbs) which makes me think it has the full loom.

Looking at the windscreen, even though it's not heated, it appears to have the rain & light sensor which is also wired as far as I can see.

I tried activating the sensor using forscan but I got an error on the screen saying something in the lines of "rain / light sensor malfunction, device required".

I got the error when only rain was active or rain and lights were active. There is no auto headlight switch installed yet, but I doubt the car would know.

Has anyone else succeed in this?

it wont have a rain sensor. what you may be looking at is the gps module for emergency assist

As Ian said it'll be the emergency assist, rain sensor is a larger unit, from the outside the blackout section of the screen goes a lot further down and you'll see the sensors in this area.

hill assist, bluetooth (sync) would b standard, stop/start probably came with that engine option.

what engine is this?  I have a fiesta Style 1.5tdci econetic. It has stop/start because it is Econetic version. Also has hill start assist, I think that was included as standard on this car. Also has bluetooth but that was a paid for upgrade -  standard radio is basic without Phone button on it on Style(I did not buy the car new myself). No idea about auto wiper activation. My previous 2007 fiesta zetec had auto wipers - to be honest i did not like it, it always seemed a bit tempramental - I would have to keep altering the sensitivity knob - and I did keep my wipers in good order 

style radio

IMG_118-medium.jpg

Thanks for your replies everyone. To be honest i was a bit surprised if that was a rain sensor as it sat behind the dotted section. The GPS does make more sense.

Looking at the code of the item (DE8T 19H463 DA), loads of people call this rain sensor so i'm in a bit confused as to what it actually is.

It's the 1.6 TDCI engine

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIESTA-FOCUS-C-MAX-B-MAX-TRANSIT-GPS-MODULE-DE8T-19H463-DC-2012-2013-2014-2016/182599813678?epid=1677357575&hash=item2a83cc0a2e:g:BbMAAOSw~y9ZLn-u

dc is just a revision number of da

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club