Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wing mirror replacement

Ecobo0st

Hi all,

I need to replace the passenger side wing mirror on my 2016 st line, will a wing mirror from a 2016 ST fit?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

you will accuse me of being pedantic, but it's a door mirror not a wing mirror

this is a car with wing mirrors. Cars stopped having wing mirrors on in the 1970s

280px-Vauxhall_Victor_FD_license_plate_1

• Like 2

It is a fairly easy job.   Remove the rubber bung in the door (after taking off the door board) and disconnect the plug.   Unscrew he nut and it will just pull out.   A very good tip is to tie a piece of string to the plug so that you can use it to pull the new wiring into place; otherwise it's a hell of a job to feed it through.

• Like 1

Why do you need to remove the "door board" whatever that is, the rubber bung is readily accessible just by opening the door.

DSCN1419.JPG

DSCN1420.JPG

door card needs to come off to access the wiring and plug.

5 hours ago, iantt said:

door card needs to come off to access the wiring and plug.

6 hours ago, karl46 said:

Why do you need to remove the "door board" whatever that is, the rubber bung is readily accessible just by opening the door.

DSCN1419.JPG

DSCN1420.JPG

On 27/10/2017 at 6:30 PM, Bobr said:

It is a fairly easy job.   Remove the rubber bung in the door (after taking off the door board) and disconnect the plug.   Unscrew he nut and it will just pull out.   A very good tip is to tie a piece of string to the plug so that you can use it to pull the new wiring into place; otherwise it's a hell of a job to feed it through.

I know you guys are just trying to help but it seems like he is asking will one from a different (albeit similar) car fit not how to actually do it. :)

I wish I could help you here but I don't have a clue i'm afraid, I would assume so but can't say for sure.

You would need to check that the mirror you want to replace has the same spec as yours (I.e.  Is it power folding, puddle light, heated, sale convex style, etc). An ST mirror will physically fit. 

I fitted a non folding mirror in place of the folding type on a 2009 Fiesta.   I bought it of eBay for a few quid whereas the actual match to the mirror cost a small fortune.   The string tip is good though whatever the mirror as it saves a lot of fiddling (and time) to get the cable in place.

agree,string tip is good idea. can quite easily route the cable the wrong way round the window channel. had a few customers in who fitted there own mirror and couldnt understand why there window wouldnt go all the way down.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club