Do Not Sell My Personal Information

glove box light always on

cjay1

as above the glove box light stays on in the closed position. however light pressure applied with one finger is enough to turn the light off however as soon as I let go its back on again. is there any adjustment in the glovebox door catch or switch I can adjust to get the light to switch to get it to turn off or am I best to get ford to carry out a warranty repair on it as it only 2 years old?

Are you positive it's always on? I assume you've left the glove box closed for a few hours, come back and the bulb is still red hot? Only saying because I thought mine was always on, it's pretty much impossible to see when the light goes out when closing it, you sort of have to trust it. Unless something is misaligned then it shouldn't need adjusting surely?

I placed my camera phone inside and it stayed on but if you press the door closed it will go out but come straight back on again as soon as you let go.

Has the switch housing pushed in a bit?

Reseating it might do the trick.

Failing that, remove the bulb until you can get it sorted out properly.

yes i found it was always on in my glovebox 2015 Fiesta. i realised when it was full of stuff and i opened it and found the stuff at top top was hot (probably pressed up against light). thought I had too much in there which was stopping it closing properly. Even empty it was not right, after much messing about with it I gave up and just disconnected the light for ever. It does not bother me that much not having a light in it. It could have been on for months before I realised

• Like 1

all sorted a white plastic insert was loose and looked to be installed backwards turned it around and clicked it into place and now switches off and on when it should.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club