Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7.5 Retrofit OEM park sensors - Can it be done?

giwrgos_ath

Did you get anywhere with this now you have the files? I'm hopefully getting a MK7.5 in the next month or two and it would be great to fit the OEM parking sensors, if not I'll have to go aftermarket with a little screen like I had on my MK1 Focus.

Hi Guys!!

I've spent a bit of time on this this week with a factory loom and sensors.

2014 Fiesta ST-2

All wiring is present back to the BCM. Enabling Park Assistance on the Central Configuration enables the FCDIM to accept the data from the BCM.. But, the BCM isn't actually processing it.

As you you guys probably noticed, no DTC's are logged regarding the reverse sensors (if the loom is disconnected and options still enabled).

What we need is to compare a ST200 BCM ASBUILT file to one of ours. Complete dump using Forscan.

There is no doubt a hexadecimal string which has the Park Assistance disabled on ours.

I have compared an ST3 (no reverse sensors), to an ST200 (fitted by default).

I believe i have found the memory reference for the function - 

image.thumb.png.bf6a7ce091f9e340e8437a3ca607932c.png

Now, i have never edited an ASBUILT before. Do i just go ahead and edit my exported BCM file from Forscan? And load and write to the BCM?

The following hexadecimal value (with checksum) is what im inserting into 726-07-01

0404190C0163

Even with the string added to the BCM - still nothing

I have now purchased a second hand ST200 BCM.

Part number is totally different to my existing unit.. but all wiring looks identical.

If i can get someone to initalise it into my PATS it should work!

• Like 1

Hello.

Im new here... plus sorry for my English.

Looking for a help with rear parking sensors for a couple days :/ But cant find who installed parking sensors and its works.

Bought Fiesta 2013 1.0  ecoboost. It without front and rear park sensors. So I fitted aftermarket parks, done wires from sensors to BCM. Bought IDS clone program and trying to activate it... but....  I can choose 2 options only :  park assistance / park assistance.front and front.  Nothing with rear parking.

On audio screen i have icon with car which should show distance but instead of distance it shows --->  !     (in a circle).   And disappear after 2-3 sec.

Just thinking... Maybe should buy button which is on console ? Which activate / dis activate   front sensors??? 

Any HELP or advice would be great. CHeers

On 12/30/2018 at 10:04 PM, fullstomp said:

If i can get someone to initalise it into my PATS it should work!

Hi @fullstomp it would be interesting to see if the issue is solved by changing just the BCM, given that reverse sensors were available to non-ST variants.

If you have a modified ELM327 cable, you can probably use FORScan to program the keys to your new BCM.

I've previously changed locks and keys to my Mk7 fiesta, although i had one working key present.

edit: Looking at the parts catalogue, it might indeed be part of the BCM and not just a configuration parameter. According to https://ford.7zap.com/en/car/59/no/0/1843/16676/72590/#15K600 some come with "Less Rear Parking Aid"

Also, @fullstomp can you provide the part numbers shown on the two BCM you have? Some pics would also be nice. I wonder if the old one is missing some pins?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2019 at 7:34 PM, giwrgos_ath said:

Also, @fullstomp can you provide the part numbers shown on the two BCM you have? Some pics would also be nice. I wonder if the old one is missing some pins?

I'm having difficulty getting the old bcm out! Its trapped pretty tight on the ST variant on the top left corner by a huge loom. Bracket is razor sharp too.

My existing BCM part number - AV1T-15K600-CK

Donor BCM (ST200) - DN1T-15K600-GF Hardware Version 8 Software 10.00

Are there any obvious differences on the pins? So does the new one have more pins on the connectors?

• 4 months later...

I have a Mk7.5 Fiesta Zetec 2013 so far I've not managed to get these working either.  I have retrofitted  Sat Nav with Sony DAB,   OEM Reverse Camera , Cruise control (replaced steering wheel), part leather heated seats with working switches in centre console  and the OEM arm rest successfully to the car with out issues. Looks Like Ford have gone out of the way to prevent you retro fitting parking sensors

I have done the following

replaced Bumper with a good know working Bumper with OEM  sensors and OEM loom.

Made a  new loom that connects sensors in the bumper to the BCM module. I made the loom  with male connector from donor car and ran 6 new cables back to the BCM. Wring digram attached

image.thumb.png.b992ba3a80bdac814a7ce1091661fb20.png

Replaced BCM module as the EK Version that came with the car had no pins in 14, 15, 16, 17 ,2 , New Module is GH version and had wiring to these pins as the donor had the plugs in the module ( replacing BCM keys have to be recoded . Procedure below

1. Fasten seatbelt and close all doors
2. Turn the ignition from OFF to RUN 4 times within 3 seconds.
3. Turn the ignition OFF. The system will chime to confirm programming mode.
4. Within 10 seconds, press and hold any button on first keyless remote. The system will chime once to confirm programming.
5. Within 10 seconds, press and hold any button on second keyless remote. System will chime once to confirm programming.
6. Turn ignition to RUN to exit programming mode.

Physical connections complete

Using FORSCAN have done the following

enabled with parking assistance. Complains that there is a park pilot malfunction.

Enabled City Safety. This complains that city is not enabled once applied and park pilot. How ever this does place the park pilot on the screen next to the lines for the reverse camera.

This is the as built output from FORSCAN .

image.thumb.png.386c4af5eb3df3c187db88d953241341.png

I think this is now down to changing the as built values but don't have a car with sensors to compare this to.

any help is appreciated

sensor diagram.JPG

as built.JPG

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Made some additional investigations .   I downloaded "as built compare" I was able to enter a car of the same year, engine, spec, colour and model using the licence plate which then gave the vin number.  This showed 2 differences.  720-08-01 and  720-08-02 I believe this relates to the colour as I tried this with a Black a white and a blue car all had different values and  its not possible to view this code in forscan . I changed the values for the 2 differences in 737-01 but this hasn't made any difference.  I have tried removing all of the parking options and adding them back this didnt resolve the issue either.

image.thumb.png.7562cd98494fe2894548b77bd12563a9.png

• 4 months later...

I know this is a massive thread revival but did you get anywhere with this? I want to get sensors fitted and seeing this thinking after market is best/easiest?

• 5 months later...

Hi all Can anyone tell me where on the grey BCM plug is the pins to the reversing sensors? ie where is no 1 pin. I have all the pins in the BCM filled but no cable at the back of the boot. I have 2 identical cars both 63 plate one with front and rear sensors and camera one with nothing. Have added camera no problem but cant figure out reversing sensor. Surprisingly I have the front socket for front sensors though. Hopefully someone is still working on this topic. cheers in advance.

• 11 months later...

Hi all..

I believe that everything is fitted and connected properly, but i didnt read anywhere that the buzzer is connected.

Every OEM PDC on every car need buzzer (except new highend cars) and nothing is going to work without it.

Does anybody have pinout for PDC buzzer?

Btw im also owner of FiST, and had done mods only to engine, currently stage3+ and leds to door handle, BMW style.

Thanks

JensZG

• 4 months later...
On 4/16/2018 at 8:18 AM, giwrgos_ath said:

The presence of rear camera would probably explain the lack of the wiring for rear sensors. I'd imagine there would be a conflict having both, as there wouldn't be a way of showing the distance on the screen. In your case, you can probably fit front sensors without an issue.

The car I'm working on, is a 2014 Zetec ECOnetic without wiring for the camera but has wiring for all sensors instead. It's just unfortunate they don't work when activating with forscan and I wonder if they rely on any other settings.

I have a 2017 Titanium X and it has rear camera and rear sensors.

• 3 months later...

Bump! I'm also at the Park Pilot Malfunction stage. Any progress anyone? I am waiting on my PDC buzzer though. I wonder if the lack of mentions is why it's all gone silent. 

I've got two chassis numbers, mine and a friends car. His has factory sensors fitted. There is a loud tone in the rear 3/4 pillars from his car, both sides when the system is active. On Fords EPC his car shows no buzzers or wiring for them, on mine neither. My rear corner is now bare and I can't even find a taped back plug anywhere physically. I can't really ask him to strip his rear trim away to see where the noise is coming from, though I suspect strongly it is in fact the rear Speakers.

If it is the rear Speakers that supply the sounds, then the only other thing I can think of is the sensors need to be initialised in the Canbus network somehow. That's more Renault talk but it might apply.

• 6 months later...

Hello everyone, I'm from Russia. I have a problem installing the front sensors. There was no wiring, I did it myself. BCM has pins. I put the button, there are no errors in the system. But there is no indication of the approach. The button works: turns off and on. What could be?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club