Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Head unit problems

Samuel.burrows

Hi, 

I’m having problems with my head unit I believe. I always connect my phone to the aux lead and my music plays through the Speakers but nothing shows up on the head unit so no song titles or information and the skip buttons on the wheel and the console don’t do anything when they’ve been pressed. In my previous fiesta the music was also able to be played through the bluetooth and I have bluetooth on my current fiesta but the aux won’t switch to the bluetooth like it did in my old one. Any suggestions on what to do as I don’t want to have to buy another head unit. 

Many thanks!

Your car probably only has bluetooth phone like mine, go on the bluetooth settings on your phone, like this

Screenshot_20171031-145657.thumb.png.b41f0a306533c56918609c235e1de08a.png

And if it doesn't say media audio then your car doesn't have it.

Replacing the module and doing some reprogramming can add bluetooth audio.

What Fiesta do you have now? I don't trust what it says in people's bios.

2010 Fiesta Zetec-S with the "Radio/CD, MP3 compatible, matrix display, 6 Speakers, remote audio controls, AUX and USB connection for external music devices, bluetooth Hands-Free Telephone and Voice Control System" option fitted to it.

When paired up to my phone, I've got the option to use Media Audio on my S8+

So you may need to change the bluetooth Module in a similar way to this guide - 

Screenshot_20171031-204918.jpg

30 minutes ago, Deano219 said:

Would you know the part number for the Bluetooth module to allow media audio

This is what I got off fordpartsuk, basically anything after AN

Engineering Part Number 8M5T-19C112-AV 

Original Numbers:
8M5T-19C112-AN
8M5T-19C112-AP
8M5T-19C112-AR
8M5T-19C112-AS
8M5T-19C112-AT
8M5T-19C112-AU

Needs to say bluetooth voice control and usb on it.

If your car only came with bluetooth phone and voice control, There is a thread on here about retrofitting usb and bluetooth audio, you have to replace the module (with one of above model numbers) and then program the cars config with either IDS or forscan(the easier option)

I thought is was as simple as changing the bluetooth module and then plugging a usb stick in with the ford audio update and updating the module

21 minutes ago, Deano219 said:

I thought is was as simple as changing the Bluetooth module and then plugging a usb stick in with the ford audio update and updating the module

As far as i'm aware you need to change some settings to tell the car it now has bluetooth audio and USB.

These two threads have info about it:

7 minutes ago, Deano219 said:

Will the ford garage not do the IDS for me

From what I've seen on here most garages will refuse to do it claiming it is not possible but you might be able to find one that will.

1 minute ago, Deano219 said:

How hard is it to do the IDS myself

You need an ELM327 cable like this one and a computer running windows to use Forscan to edit the cars central configuration and change settings relating to bluetooth and USB, More info is in the threads I linked earlier.

On 01/11/2017 at 10:32 PM, ToXIcG said:

You need an ELM327 cable like this one and a computer running windows to use Forscan to edit the cars central configuration and change settings relating to Bluetooth and USB, More info is in the threads I linked earlier.

i have got the elm327 and have plugged in the new bluetooth module when i go on forscan what am i looking for to change

49 minutes ago, Deano219 said:

i have got the elm327 and have plugged in the new Bluetooth module when i go on forscan what am i looking for to change

If you go here, I believe it is these settings that you want to change (they may be named slightly different)

As a disclaimer, I have not done this myself, I am only going off the research I have done on this topic (threads on here etc) because I may someday do it.

Also make sure your battery is charged when doing this because you would not want the battery to die while doing this as it could render your car useless. (Apparently the battery dying while writing to the module could brick it and make it useless, just be careful.)

If you get it to work, please post what you did to help others. :)

1 hour ago, Deano219 said:

Where is here

I did link to another thread but I'll post it here anyway.

From the research I have done if you change the settings highlighted it should make the new features work, these settings are found in the central configuration. (The settings may have slightly different names)

As a I said before I don't know for sure (so you do so at your own risk.), I suggest you maybe do some more research on the topic if you're unsure.

As-Built_Editor_Ford_Focus_III_-_Google_Chrome_2017-10-12_01-34-09.png.7730975c02d5933fc40d7f40d3de5828.png.726afcdfa2d0d47f38c869239dfafc8b.png

As-Built_Editor_Ford_Focus_III_-_Google_Chrome_2017-10-12_01-33-52.png.083f66eca4d3c3d81d7d745f05b74154.png.4243e4f21d88478cd69cd163774139aa.png

As-Built_Editor_Ford_Focus_III_-_Google_Chrome_2017-10-12_01-34-32.png.2b15fe5adb71c17b42a087b627383863.png.8aabe3bad7f91322060ee09677b2ffed.png

I have changed the following setting I now have usb, iPod and line on under aux I'm assuming I need to install an update on the bluetooth with a usb stick

1509741252593.jpg

4 minutes ago, Deano219 said:

I have changed the following setting I now have usb, iPod and line on under aux I'm assuming I need to install an update on the Bluetooth with a usb stick

1509741252593.jpg

Great news, yes I think you need to look for the November 2012 update, check it's compatible too.

11 hours ago, Deano219 said:

I have changed the following setting I now have usb, iPod and line on under aux I'm assuming I need to install an update on the Bluetooth with a usb stick

1509741252593.jpg

So did you get this all working and have you tested it?

I have done the November 2012 update the usb works and it has the iPod and usb option but no bluetooth audio

23 minutes ago, Deano219 said:

I have done the November 2012 update the usb works and it has the iPod and usb option but no Bluetooth audio

Hey I did reply to your PM, I'll post it here aswell,

Does it not show up on the aux options?

If not, the only thing I can suggest is maybe try either option 6 or 8 on this setting (if they're there)

As-Built_Editor_Ford_Focus_III_-_Google_Chrome_2017-10-12_01-33-52.png.083f66eca4d3c3d81d7d745f05b74154.png.4243e4f21d88478cd69cd163774139aa.png

I have a feeling option 6 might work because on the retrofit USB thread where someone did this they posted pics of having a navigation settings, even though they didn't have a navigation system built in (you can just ignore the nav settings anyway)

Although option 8 literally says BT Audio so you'll just have to see.

Does anyone know what lead I need to connect the module to the usb port in the centre console the module I have is the 8m5t-19c122-ar