Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ka Stop Start

ads25490

Hi all,

dont know if if I’m doing the wrong or I’m just stupid but my stop start seems to always be stopping by then I struggle to get it to start again, I’ve only had the car a few days but it’s all the time when I put up to a junction or round about, I slow down to a stop using the break and clutch leaving the car still in first, I will find the biting point then go to pull away then it just stops whacked the clutch in then it’s started once but mostly I have to restart it, it’s the same when the stop start is supposedly turned off too. 

Any help would be much appreciated because as much as I like the car it’s annoying me this happening 3 or 4 in a simple 5 minute journey 

its a 2013 Ka. 1.2, studio  

Thanks Aaron 

• 2 months later...

That sound more like your stalling it rather than the Start Stop - try giving it more revs!

• 8 months later...

Yes, I'm inclined to back Tiexen on this one - the engine should switch off when you take your foot off the clutch totally when it is in neutral - and re-start the engine as soon as you touch the clutch pedal again.  I found that I I stalled the engine, just press the clutch and it re-starts automatically.  Press the disengage button on the dashboard if you want it to disable stop/start mode.  When disabled, the yellow stop/start light illuminates in the dashboard.  You will have to do this every time you park and then re-start the car as the default setting is "on".