Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your battery is low

Steve27

Hi All

Can anyone help, I have a mk3 focus and the dash display said the remote control battery is low so I put a new Duracell battery in. The remote works fine but the dash display keeps saying the battery is low. Is there some sort of reset I have to do ?

Hi. I have no knowledge specifically of the Mk3 but something you might like to try based on my experience of changing these batteries professionally. Car remotes are generally trouble free but can sometimes be fussy about batteries. And once in a while a temperamental one comes along...

One of mine is on a Mk2.5 but the warning goes away after I do this:

Remove the battery and make sure all the internal contacts are clean. Clean the battery with a clean cloth/tissue and replace it avoiding touching the battery if possible. If you need to press it in, clean where you touched it. Give the contact on the other half a gentle clean before putting it back together. There's usually a time limit for leaving the battery out. Check your manual, you don't want to have to reprogram it.

Good luck

Thanks guys for your help I'll try cleaning the terminals. I had my car winter checked a few weeks ago and the battery and alternator are fine.

Open and lock the doors with the plipper a few times and it will go away, car needs a few transmissions without the low batt signal from  the plipper to clear it

Also the fobs need a really fresh battery, several times I've seen older 2032 not clear the message, put a new good quality cell in and it will go

agree with madmole go for good brand.. panasonic 2032 battery are what most keyfobs have in them i think, replaced mine with a cheap brand once lasted 2wks then low batt warning popped up again. so grab panasonic or maxell (got that in mine at mo not a problem for the last yr of useing it :yahoo: 

i reckon a lot of the branded batteries are fakes, just because it has a good brand name does not mean it is one. If you buy from a national supermarket etc it is more likely to be genuine than some other places

You can get a massive pack from Poundland for, wait for it, £1. Still in my standard remote key and still going strong.

Last time I saw them in poundland it was a pack of eight batteries 4 x cr2032, 2 x cr2025, 2 x cr2016.  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club