Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK2 Seat Belt Alarm

Jwatson

Hi all,

Can anyone please advise what I can do about my seat belt alarm?

I have numerous times gone through the buckle and unbuckle procedure 9 times with the dashboard light flashing 3 times. Seems to work for a period of time and then the seat belt alarm starts sounding again. I should also emphasise that I always wear my seat belt but there's clearly something wrong with the sensor or something as most of the time it doesn't recognise that I am buckled.

Is there a more permanent way I can disable it or even fix the problem?

Many thanks

Buy another buckle/stalk. Ford dealer or eBay.its the micro switch that's playing up.

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Buy another buckle/stalk. Ford dealer or eBay.its the micro switch that's playing up.

Many thanks for replying.

Is this what i need?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MK2-Front-Right-Seat-Belt-Tenssioner-4M51-A61208-BH-/121852931524

Easy to replace? Asssume the seat needs to come out first? Also do i need to disconnect the battery prior to doing this?

6 hours ago, Jwatson said:

Many thanks for replying.

Is this what i need?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MK2-Front-Right-Seat-Belt-Tenssioner-4M51-A61208-BH-/121852931524

Easy to replace? Asssume the seat needs to come out first? Also do i need to disconnect the battery prior to doing this?

Yup, that's the one.

On 08/11/2017 at 8:44 PM, 1979Damian said:

Yup, that's the one.

Thanks mate. Do i need to disconnect the battery prior to changing it?

I'm not 100% sure if you need to TBH, but I'd probably suggest do it to be on the safe side as it won't do any harm and it's better than possibly frying something etc.  If you have a factory fit radio make sure you have the 4 digit security code written down before you disconnect your battery otherwise you might find yourself needing to pay to get the code and get the use back of your stereo.

Remember there's an explosive device in the belt pre-tensioner, that can be set off the same as an air bag when messing with them, won't do you any harm but will ruin your replacement buckle if it goes so it's best to disconnect the battery first.

• Like 2

Thanks guys, ordered a second hand pretensioner off eBay and fitted today. So far so good, seat belt alarm only goes off now when it’s supposed to!!

Hardest part was disconnecting the negative terminal from the battery. Such a small confined space!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jwatson said:

Thanks guys, ordered a second hand pretensioner off eBay and fitted today. So far so good, seat belt alarm only goes off now when it’s supposed to!!

Hardest part was disconnecting the negative terminal from the battery. Such a small confined space!

The scuttle panel does rather get in the way, I usually end up using a pair of grips on mine and just doing small rotations until the clamps are released.

Sorry to bring this up again,

ive noticed that when I enter the clock settings on the head unit (6000 CD), the next time I use the car it’s reset the time back to factory settings (although preset radio channels are still ok)

Have done this 3 times now and each time it keeps resetting. Any ideas why this would be? All I did was remove the negative from the battery.

Thanks

I’ve resolved this so thought I’d post what I did. Simply removed the radio and unplugged the power from the back, left it out for 2 mins and reconnected. Set the time and it’s stuck ever since.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

I have the same problem, but I was wondering if it can be fixed with a resistor without replacing the entire seabelt buckle/pre-tensioner.

Just to clarify, I wear my seatbelt every time I use my car but as an student Im broke af so ye.

• 10 months later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club