Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are Modern cars really that fast?

CrazyInWeston

Sorry for double post, but it then seems, I just need to get the cars thermostat fixed (it works, but radiator is left open, engine temp always reads less than 60c) and fix a slow tyre leak cos its ruining my MPG.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My uncles Nissan Almera Tino Automatic is quicker off the line than most cars and that's about 13 years old!

14 minutes ago, JamesMalin said:

My uncles Nissan Almera Tino Automatic is quicker off the line than most cars and that's about 13 years old!

Yes but it looks like this!

Nissan Almera Tino (00-05) 1.8 S 5d For Sale - Eastfield Motors, PETERBOROUGH

:sick:

• Haha 1

All I can say is have ago with  VW R turbo I have 340 bhp not a hope in hell in catching that from a standing start due to its very aggressive launch control. But if I was to catch him at a higher speed I would give him a good run for his money. Main thing is doesn't really matter how fast your car goes in real terms it, Its really how much you enjoy it I just love that 5 pot grumble that my Mk2 does.The question is are modern cars really that fast and the answer is yes if you had a1ltr car say in 1980ish you would probably be quicker walking you wouldn't get 140 bhp or more from a 1ltr 3 pot engine probably a 3 pot engine would only be on a motor bike. A 2 ltr engine then would typically be about  110-120 bhp if you where lucky

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gizza11 said:

All I can say is have ago with  VW R turbo I have 340 bhp not a hope in hell in catching that from a standing start due to its very aggressive launch control. But if I was to catch him at a higher speed I would give him a good run for his money. Main thing is doesn't really matter how fast your car goes in real terms it, Its really how much you enjoy it I just love that 5 pot grumble that my Mk2 does.The question is are modern cars really that fast and the answer is yes if you had a1ltr car say in 1980ish you would probably be quicker walking you wouldn't get 140 bhp or more from a 1ltr 3 pot engine probably a 3 pot engine would only be on a motor bike. A 2 ltr engine then would typically be about  110-120 bhp if you where lucky

Ditto on the T5 rumble/snarl, I'm not lucky enough to own one but have always enjoyed the times when I've been a passenger in a MK2 ST or RS and the driver has revved it out.

The RS in particular never failed to make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up when revved out hard, you actually "feel" the engine revving out. :wub:

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2017 at 11:10 PM, 1979Damian said:

Yes but it looks like this!

Nissan Almera Tino (00-05) 1.8 S 5d For Sale - Eastfield Motors, PETERBOROUGH

:sick:

Oh agreed, it's an abortion of a car looks wise! :lol:

• Haha 1

0 - 60 times are irrelevent in terms of real world practical driving 

Whereas how your car delivers power between 30 - 50 mph in 4th gear and 50 - 70 mph in 5th gear to facilitate safer overtaking is much more important......

:-)

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club