Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 TDCi: 90 or 95 engine?!

ChrisZS

I did have a 95 bhp ZS (2011) that got written off, and to replace it I bought a 2010 ZS. I had assumed it was a 90bhp, however a few things tell me it’s possibly a 95 and I’m not sure how to tell! It was registered in May 2010, so right on the crossover, however it doesn't have an engine cover and has a few other little bits that look different under the bonnet too. HPI tells me it has 95 bhp, and typing the reg into a few other websites suggests the same, as well as the V5 saying it's 70kw, which translates to around 95 bhp. 90 comes out at 67/68 kw. It certainly doesn't feel any slower than my last one, which was a 95.

Maybe a stupid question, but it’d be good to know! Especially as I’m considering some tuning options. Whilst I’m here, are there any thoughts/opinions/experiences with the bluefin options? 

Cheers! :cool:

Check your reg here:

www.etis.ford.com

Ford switched from 90PS DOHC to 95PS SOHC around the middle of 2010.

90PS has no DPF.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Check your reg here:

www.etis.ford.com

Ford switched from 90PS DOHC to 95PS SOHC around the middle of 2010.

90PS has no DPF.

Amazing, thank you very much! What an awesome resource.

Turns out it is a 95; must’ve been one of the first being a May 2010 car. Does mean I have a dpf though :dry:

Yeah my old Fiesta was built 20th April 2010 and was a 90PS. So your May build must have been one of the first 95 PS ones with DPF.

In my experience the 90bhp 16valve twin cam feels faster than the 95bhp 8valve single cam. I don't mean top end, but more the way it really picks up from 1750rpm

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club