Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Overheating issue in StreetKa

Scratch2012

Hi,

I've recently bought a StreetKa as a little run around. Only driven it once as i have an overheating issue that i can't get my head around. I know a bit about cars, but more of the older cars, especially fords. These new ones aren't my faves lol. Anyway, i came back from a mates a couple of weeks back, and along the journey it started spluttering really bad. Started off gradual, but by the time i got home, i could hardly pull away in it. Was a mission in itself just getting it to drive up the slight slope on to my drive. 

When i opened the bonnet, it was making all the boiling over noises and reeked of overheated car. Firstly i noticed that the fan was not running. No idea why,as i've just run the car for 15 mins on my driveway, and the fan worked.... Very odd. Just to note, when i turn the ignition on, the temp light shows as working. But on the 2 times it's overheated, the light has not come on. So unless i look under the bonnet, or the puddle of coolant running from under my car, i'd have no warning as such from the car that it's overheated. 

This last time i have run the engine, which was just now, i left it running for 15 mins. Everything seemed fine, apart from the engine spluttering again, got worse the longer it was running. All the pipes got hot, the fan worked, no temp light on the dash, so i was and still am baffled. The problem this time happened when i turned the car off. Then the coolant then decided it had enough of staying in the expansion tank, and emptied itself all over my driveway. It's driving me wild. Can't figure it out. I am definitely going to be fitting an analogue temp gauge once i start getting stuck in to this car. I like to be able to see the temp rising and not rely on a  light that tells me when it's too late......... Not that it's ever warned me. It only works when i turn the ignition on, never when the engine is running. 

I really hate asking, but does anyone have any suggestions, or a history of this happening on yours? And if so, what was causing this and how was it fixed? 

Would very much appreciate any help. Thank you :)

Scratch

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club