Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time to move on?

ayrshiredude

Well my Current 2 Year Old Fiesta Zertec S Red edition has reached 20000 miles but my PCP allowance is 18000 over 3 years (Change of job, change of milage).  My settlement figure is pretty much the same as what I can get in a trade in now so looking at changing cars.  Went to test drive the new ST Line but there were none avaliable so test drove a 125 PS Zetec.  As much as I enjoyed it the quote for a new StLine was £76 per month more than I am currently paying so looks like the Fiesta is out the window.  Currently looking at the new Seat Ibiza FR, £3000 (CarWOW) cheaper than than the Fiesta and many more features that are extra on the Fiesta.

Not so sure the Ibiza is as well put together but don't want to have such a large increase in my montly payments.  I'll miss the Fiesta, have had 3 of them in a row, but money is money and is a bit tighter of late.  Any thoughts?

You don't have to change it now. You could take it back with 50k on and if you don't just hand it back you won't get penalised.

Even if you don't want another car if the dealer buys it off you there might be a bit of negative equity but no mileage charge to pay.

Yea however at the moment I don't have any negative equity which is what's attracting me

4 hours ago, ayrshiredude said:

Currently looking at the new Seat Ibiza FR, £3000 (CarWOW) cheaper than than the Fiesta and many more features that are extra on the Fiesta.

Don't lease a car would be my 2 cents. Alright it cost me more to start with, but I'll get most of that cost back when I sell it in a few years time. Bought mine for £6500 last year. The lowest price I could find on autotrader with similar mileage but same spec car was £6750. I guess I could probably get at least £5,500 in 2 years time in a private sale. Total cost = £1000 over 3 years, and I actually owned the car during that time.

The ibiza depreciates very fast. You literally lose half it's value in the first 2 years. They look nice on the outside, but very bland, cheap and plasticy on the inside. 

I had a 2008 seat Ibiza from around 2010-2012. Engine wise (it was the 1.9tdi) it was great, very comfortable/economical and reliable on the motorway but not ideally geared for around town. Would echo the posts above...the build quality interior wise is poor compared to ford, very plasticky and cheap feeling, had a couple of rattles from bits of trim I presume, and road and engine noise was a lot more noticeable than my current 1.6tdci fiesta. I wouldn't rule out ever having a seat again and they are a well priced and reliable car with a decent engine selection. Probably lose there value slightly more than fords too i'd think. But on the whole yeah i'd class a ford above a seat in most aspects but it really depends what your after personally. 

The problem I have with modern Seats is the dash cluster...

The rectangle trip computer screen is on the left, with circular speed and revs middle and right...  Does my head in looking at it...put the odd shape in the middle!! :unsure:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club