Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New member and soon to be new owner

Marks adventure.

Hi All,

i have owned a land rover Discovery 4 hse for 6 years and loved the experience, but thus last 12 months I have thrown lots of money at it. Well time to call it a day.

Yesterday we went to our local Ford Deslership and looked at an Edge, the first impressions were good.

It seemed to tick all the boxes apart from the colour and speck.

They have a March 2017 edge on their system but not at their site so they are arranging to get it here for me to view next Saturday. Is there anything I should watch out for? It’s going to be a ST line one with panoramic roof. Not sure what else it has apart from 1/2 leather.

What are the headlights like, my discovery has Xeons and are fantastic, will the edge ones be as good?

Any advice and help would be a massive help.

Is there any other forums out there that you could reccomend?

• Like 1

Would ask if it got the l.e.d. adaptive headlights, the normal lights are pretty poor, i had a bad experience with my edge but to be fair with Ford and the dealership i have now swapped my edge for a upgraded vingale. Wont list all the faults i had as theres not enough space  on the page .lol

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Marks adventure. said:

Hi All,

i have owned a land rover Discovery 4 hse for 6 years and loved the experience, but thus last 12 months I have thrown lots of money at it. Well time to call it a day.

Yesterday we went to our local Ford Deslership and looked at an Edge, the first impressions were good.

It seemed to tick all the boxes apart from the colour and speck.

They have a March 2017 edge on their system but not at their site so they are arranging to get it here for me to view next Saturday. Is there anything I should watch out for? It’s going to be a ST line one with panoramic roof. Not sure what else it has apart from 1/2 leather.

What are the headlights like, my discovery has Xeons and are fantastic, will the edge ones be as good?

Any advice and help would be a massive help.

Is there any other forums out there that you could reccomend?

I have LED headlights and they are a cut above my previous cars' Xenons. Panoramic roof means you won't be able to fit a roof rack of any description as no-one yet seems to make any roof bars for an Edge with a Pan Roof. Other than that, and some minor niggles my dealer is still trying to fix, it's a great car.

• Thanks 1

The only concern I would have is in relation to road tax. The ST Line, if it has certain extras, would take the list price over £40K. In which case there is a levy on the road tax for the first 5 years from new. This is irrespective of the price you actually pay for it. 

• Thanks 1

yes like edge said

the dealer gave me good discount but the list price with extras was just over £40k. have to pay £450 road tax from yr2 to yr 6 instead of £140.

great car tho and led lights are great

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club