Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus ST Line X 140

mark97

Hi, I have ordered a Focus ST Line X 140bhp Ecoboost. When looking for my car I was only able to test drive a 125bhp Focus, does anyone have any experience of the 140? Also what type of spare tyre does the car come with as I am looking to get a boot liner for the car and there are different ones dependent upon the spare tyre size, i.e. whether its full size of a space saver? Thank you in advance.

Mark

Hi, thank you for your reply, unfortunately I do not have a reg or VIN number yet and only a provisional build date. I know it has 18" wheels though. I have not seen anything posted about ST Line X's yet so was wondering whether any had hit the street yet.

My Zetec S with 18" wheels only came with goop no spare.

What does the price list say about a spare?

15 hours ago, drsdriver said:

Put your reg in or your vin no into Etis , it should say on the build as to what spare wheel it will come with. 

https://www.etis.ford.com/

I don't get the listing anymore like I used to. Have Ford changed this?

my 2016 my st says

•  Limited service Mini Spare Tyre

You need to click on the +'s to see the extra stuff

Jamie

You have to log in now. Just enter Email & create a password. No hassle then you can view everything on Etis 

Ive got the 140 in my st line fiesta at the moment. Pulls well once the turbo kicks in but can feel a little sluggish off  the line at times unless you have the revs up. Been happy with the engine.

Picking my new focus up on Friday though! st line x 182. I believe it comes with just the inflation kit but will check when i get it and report back.

Whats colour have you gone for? 

Hi have gone for a white focus, dealer advises it comes with a mini spare wheel (space saver). Joe would be interested in your thoughts on the ST Line X when you get it. Did try the 125bhp 1.0 which impressed me and seemed quite punchy and felt bigger than a 1 litre engine so assumed the 140 bhp version would have even more punch. Would be interested in some pics of your car when you get it Joe.

27 minutes ago, mark97 said:

Hi have gone for a white focus, dealer advises it comes with a mini spare wheel (space saver). Joe would be interested in your thoughts on the ST Line X when you get it. Did try the 125bhp 1.0 which impressed me and seemed quite punchy and felt bigger than a 1 litre engine so assumed the 140 bhp version would have even more punch. Would be interested in some pics of your car when you get it Joe.

Will look nice with the grey wheels then.

yeah no trouble I will let you know how I get on with it, any news on when you will be getting yours?

ive had a 1.6 na fiesta in the past and I would say the 125bhp version was on par with that and the 140 does have more grunt. Up in the revs it flies along 

Joe thank you for your response, it is hopefully coming next month.

How is the back side molded from factory? Are you still able to physically fit the full size spare wheel or will it only fit either space saver or no spare wheel at all?

Space saver is quite stupid idea... If you are riding somewhere with full boot and you  have flat... where are you supposed to put your dirty flat wheel if the boot is full and spare tire wont fit to the space savers space?

You can have a full size spare but it lifts the boot carpet and you need taller inserts around it to support the rest of the floor area.

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

You can have a full size spare but it lifts the boot carpet and you need taller inserts around it to support the rest of the floor area.

With taller inserts and floor will there be a step for loading area? And has it been designed to be level with space aver?

Hi, I have ordered a Focus ST Line X 140bhp Ecoboost. When looking for my car I was only able to test drive a 125bhp Focus, does anyone have any experience of the 140? Also what type of spare tyre does the car come with as I am looking to get a boot liner for the car and there are different ones dependent upon the spare tyre size, i.e. whether its full size of a space saver? Thank you in advance.
Mark
Latest info BRO-Focus_ST-Line_X.pdf

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Picked the car up today, first Impressions are great. Interior and doors feel more solid than the fiesta. Sync 3 is a big step up from what I had before aswell 

enjoying the 182 engine but haven't really opened it up yet! I'm sure the 140 will be good aswell 

I'll try and upload some pics. You'll like the car when you get it mark!

20170812_171207.thumb.jpg.9ee23fbc56a40ffe0e04be7172dc2bb8.jpgI have 2017 ST Line 1.5 BHP with 18 inch rock wheels and a space saver. I got my boot liner for £16  including postage from E-Bay. My wife had a Fiesta 1 litre 125 BHP which a great little car but when test drove the Focus 125 BHP it was sluggish possible to the body weight.

• Like 4

Joe, glad you are enjoying your car, looking forward to seeing pictures. Jake, i think your car looks great in that colour with those wheels as well. Do you have a spare wheel/ space saver and  a link for your boot liner?

Hi Mark 

Yes my car as a space saver the boot liner tray item no 331754218293 on E-Bay  I paid £16 which was a lot cheaper than the dealer 

Chris

Couple of pics from in the compound before I picked it up. Will upload some more when it's had its first wash and protection added :tongue:

IMG_7173.JPG

IMG_7174.JPG

• Like 1

Joe, looks good in black, looking forward to seeing more pictures. Do like those wheels.

9 hours ago, mark97 said:

Joe, looks good in black, looking forward to seeing more pictures. Do like those wheels.

Cheers. 

Im tempted to maybe change the headlight bulbs as the standard look a bit to yellow

You'll also want chrome indicator bulbs to get rid of the orange tint in the lenses.

T15 Cree LED reverse bulbs are also a good upgrade.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F172078850989

Climair or Heko vents are also a stylish and practical addition (they reduce wind noise with windows open and cut down on water run-off from the roof pouring onto the door sills).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just had a look at the lights at night, they don't look as bad as they did in the daylight. Still may change them though 

I've had climair ones before on a fiesta, I like the idea and the look but found them to squeak which I couldn't stand lol 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club