Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Detangoing front orange indicate lens

zain611

Hey everyone just out of curiosity how do you remove the front orange lenses. I think it kind of looks nice but not too sure about doing it. 

_20171112_210446.JPG

• Thanks 1

Is it an orange lens or an orange bulb reflecting off the housing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a orange lens. The picture is an example of how it looks without the lens. You can see the bulb. 

• Like 1

I did wonder, I thought it was a lens but the picture confused me lol. I’m sure I read somewhere that it was a pig to do, you have to do it all through the bulb hole. And then you will obviously need a silver covered bulb that flashes orange. I’d say it is probably worth the effort though

• Like 1

Remove the orange bulb, smash the lense with something long and hard then try to remove all the pieces through the bulb hole.  Then just fit a silvertec bulb.

The alternative is splitting the large front clear lens from the light cluster - usually done by placing the cluster in the over on low heat for a few minutes to soften the glue.  Then you can paint the inner headlight bezels whatever colour you want at the same time...

• Like 1

Hmm okay I wouldn't really open up the lens as you increase the risk of condensation getting in the headlights. Speaking of that my headlights were opened up at one point. Luckily there's no condensation getting in them but I've noticed theres a small amount of dried water drops on one side which was there since I bought the car. I'm thinking of changing both headlights probably late next year due to the dried water marks and there's a bit of hazing. No point taking off the haze if the dried water marks put it down. Could practice detangoing the old headlights when I change them. 

If you do it properly then the risk is quite low, I’ve always fancied doing it but never really had a need lol. I knew I had read somewhere about smashing the lens through the wee hole and then picking out the pieces, I reckon it would be just as awkward to crack the units open

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club