Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ECU serial number location

Son of Nod

Hello all.... We ve been advised to replace the ECU in our 06 Zetec Focus. Error found in module today causing limited power mode. Where can I find the long serial number in the engine?

Thank you in advance.

To identify the PCM there is a label/sticker on the PCM. Among some other numbers the PCM part number and tear tag number are printed on the label/sticker. Both numbers can be used to identify the PCM.

the PCM hardware number can also be obtained using a suitible Ford specific diagnostic system.

3 hours ago, JW1982 said:

To identify the PCM there is a label/sticker on the PCM. Among some other numbers the PCM part number and tear tag number are printed on the label/sticker. Both numbers can be used to identify the PCM.

the PCM hardware number can also be obtained using a suitible Ford specific diagnostic system.

Thank you. Where do I find the PCM... In the engine or as seen on YouTube glove box? 

The location of the PCM depends on the Focus version (MK1, MK2 or MK3) and the engine type.

Doesn't really help me that. Is it behind the glove box? 

To answer that question you need to give some more info first.

What type of Focus do you have ? (MK1, MK2 or MK3).

What type of engine does your car have ?

Based on this info I can tell you exactly where the PCM is located.

If Your car is a 2006 Focus MK2 the PCM is installed in the engine bay. The exact location however is different for most engine types. 

• Like 1